jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What does this picture depict to you?

1. whoisbid profile image74
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

What does this picture depict to you?

Do you think there is something we can learn from it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5781745_f260.jpg

2. Savva Pelou profile image72
    Savva Pelouposted 6 years ago

to me, this picture depicts mans equality amongst animals however the knife suggests otherwise.  It suggest mans aggression and intelligence.  Thats what I think

3. profile image35
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

This picture is a representation of the first sumarian king GILgemesh!!!

4. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

The guys a bit sneaky - he has a tool to use against the 'Lion' but the animal uses only what nature gave it. It could represent how man has learned to dominate the planet - not always in a positive way - using the tools he has created.This is probably utterly wrong, but it's the first thing that came into my head.

5. Sneha Sunny profile image87
    Sneha Sunnyposted 6 years ago

It represents (to me) that the man is a killer of other animals whereas animals can't help it and can't protect themselves from the harms caused by humans.... (so sad!! :-()

6. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

a man destroying an idol... a lion with wings??? not natural to me according to my knowledge of nature. Not that it is right to but they are fighting, nature may have given more physical strength to that creature but man with his intelligence finds a way to defend himself. One thing, I don't know who started the fight and why!!!LOL

7. profile image10
    saisarannagaposted 6 years ago

Animal tendencies confront man and he should fight with the tendencies and slay them.

8. anemometers profile image59
    anemometersposted 6 years ago

This picture represents a great king teaching people the outcome of good vs evil. The king's hand is higher than the beast, so it means he will conquer it.

9. Ann Marie Dwyer profile image84
    Ann Marie Dwyerposted 6 years ago

History of the piece aside, it represents to me the equity of intelligence and physical strength.

The lion strikes at the man's heart (his inner strength) and legs (his support) to bring man to his four-legged level. The attack, though theoretically effective, exposes the lion's weakness.

Holding the lion's ear to steady his target and avoid its teeth, man strikes at the lion's exposed underbelly, showing his cunning for seeing opportunity to affect dominance, despite his inability to thwart the majority of the attack.

Based on the effect of the individual attacks, it is likely neither will survive. Thus, superior intellect does not trump physical strength, yet neither does the inverse apply.

working