jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What five things will you leave to a new world?

1. magodis profile image70
    magodisposted 6 years ago

What five things will you leave to a new world?

If this world ends shortly and if you have the chance to live in a new planet with a few fellow beings, what would you leave in the current world to make your life a better than this? assume basic things are provided.

2. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Drugs, for one if we are speaking of actual things. There are plenty of bad situations in the world I would leave behind if I could: poverty, senseless violence, etc. But in terms of physical things my list comes up a little short I suppose.

3. Philanthropy2012 profile image85
    Philanthropy2012posted 6 years ago

I'm not sure exactly what kind of things you mean, but I wrote a hub on the 5 largest problems in the current world, and I believe them to be avoidable. So therefore, I would leave the following things:

Wealth Imbalances
    War & Anthropogenic Disasters

For explanations and stats, see my hub!
    http://philanthropy2012.hubpages.com/hu … be-avoided

4. capricornrising profile image60
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

How interesting that your question is worded almost exactly like the question I just asked 10 hours before you asked yours: http://hubpages.com/question/142369/wha … ld-and-why

However, I'm not sure what this part of your question means: "what would you leave in the current world to make your life a better than this?"

If you mean "what would you leave WITH from the current world to make your life better than this," (what would I take with me), I'd answer the way I'd answer my own almost identical question:

1) An encyclopedia
    2) A photograph of loved ones I'll have to leave behind
    3) my piano
    4) a really fat notebook full of paper
    5) a bicycle

I assumed when asking my own question that though food and shelter are provided, there will not be technological or even advanced industrial capabilities in the new world, and therefore no electricity. We would return to an agrarian society and provide whatever we needed with our own hands.

What a treat to be able to answer my own question!

5. Ann Marie Dwyer profile image81
    Ann Marie Dwyerposted 6 years ago

Your explanation is different from your original question. To the original question:
    1. Medical knowledge
    2. The knowledge to teach children empathy
    3. Work ethic
    4. Communication skills
    5. Desire for unselfish happiness

As to the explanation:
    1. Unbridled avarice
    2. Unadulterated sloth
    3. Dishonesty
    4. Lack of personal responsibility
    5. Crime

6. pennyofheaven profile image81
    pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago

If the world were to end I would leave the five things below

Love, love, love, love, love

7. magodis profile image70
    magodisposted 6 years ago

Im sorry about my English. I meant, what things you refuse to take to new world. I got this idea from the same Q of Capricorn.
    My answers were;

ethnicity/castes or other divisions
    advanced technologies

WIth these, basically we are away from many of the problems in the world
    Thanks for the contributors