How has being a Christian improved your life?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (18 posts)
  1. glassvisage profile image85
    glassvisageposted 12 years ago

How has being a Christian improved your life?

2. Dawit T profile image59
    Dawit Tposted 12 years ago

I have been it all my life so i can't compare to anything else but when I'm really spending time on religion just makes me happy and in peace with the world. I guess I also try to be really nice to everyone and try not judging. It isn't be the easy way, but for me it's clear that it's the best way.

3. My Soul Says Yes profile image60
    My Soul Says Yesposted 12 years ago

Prior to being a Christian, I worried about everything.... my marriage, my children, my job, my finances.  The worrying made me non functional, almost psychotic. Once Jesus found me (Jesus is not lost) I gradually began to realize that I am not alone in this journey called life.  That freed me to be able to focus on making my family happy and not on things like, will we have enough money to do what we need to do.  I am at peace, even when there does not seem to be enough money.  I can also focus on helping others by volunteering at my church and other places.

I hope this has been encouraging.

4. whoisbid profile image61
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

I don't think that christianity improves our lives. It should improve the lives of others because it is more blessed to give than to receive. False christianity is always about Me, me, me .. My salvation, my faith, my money, my prosperity, my friends, my health..
    There is an old song " Everyone wants to go heaven but nobody wants to die" .. No-one wants to follow Jesus. If you are a christian you must FOLLOW in Jesus footsteps otherwise you are fake. The bible teaches this. For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.  Phiippians  1:29

5. profile image0
    Eddie-Perkinsposted 12 years ago

This is a powerful question. Thank you for asking. Real Christianity – an intimate and personal relationship with Jesus Christ has changed my life tremendously but not necessarily as it would if I were always obedient to God.
    It changed my political views from favoring the one who promised me the most benefits to the one who stood closest to the teachings of God’s Word.
    It changed me morally – from a womanizer to a one woman man. It changed me physically – from where I went and what I did and who I did it with. It changed me financially from taking to giving. It changed me spiritually – from no faith to little and hopefully great faith.  It changed me emotionally from worry to peace and contentment. I doubt I could count all the ways being a Christian has changed and improved my life, but that may touch the hem of the garment.

6. ithabise profile image73
    ithabiseposted 12 years ago

I agree with Eddie. Christianity has changed my personal culture. This is the deep essence of it. When we are practicing the spiritual disciplines, we change in ways non-Christians simply don't understand. This is what Jesus teaches in his Sermon on the Mount (Matt. 5-7) and the apostle Paul in the sum of Ephesians. Christianity is the budding culture of God's kingdom in the world that will soon blossom in full glory.

7. ComfortB profile image85
    ComfortBposted 12 years ago

Before Christ, it was all about me. Since the Savior found me, it's been more about my purpose in life as it affects those He brings in my path (be careful to entertain strangers ....Hebrew 13:2).

Make no mistake, being saved is not what makes you better, it's allowing Christ Jesus and His holy spirit to live and work through you that makes you better.

There are many who are saved and are still enslave by their flesh.
    There are many who are saved and are still living for self.
    There are many who are saved and are still full of hate.
    There are many who are saved and are still racist.

My prayer everyday is "Lord, make me a blessing to someone today".

You are being a blessing by loving another, sharing in their pain and sorrow, bringing a smile to their face, helping to wipe their tears, loving them regardless of their race, color, or gender (you can love the person without loving their sin).

8. joykans profile image59
    joykansposted 12 years ago

yes, it is a new creation in the Christ Jesus the reason for living and the activities we will see this Christmas season. visit my blog danansah.blog.com and see His handy work through me. you can download some of  my work for free.

Any one who surrender the LORDSHIP of Jesus is from the power of darkness and will start enjoying true light of heaven.

To experience Jesus Christ say this prayer and mean it: LORD JESUS, I SURRENDER TO YOU MY SAVIOR FROM TODAY LET ME EXPERIENCE HEAVEN ON EARTH. THANKS MY SAVIOR.

9. Robuck4 profile image44
    Robuck4posted 12 years ago

It has given my life purpose, love and forgiveness. It gives me hope, even in the valley of the shadow of death not only because he is with me, but I know how my story ends: Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

Great question.

10. Who Loves Lottie profile image60
    Who Loves Lottieposted 12 years ago

Oh I am so glad you asked!

I attempted suicide when I was about 25. I spent years in counseling with no relief. Life had no meaning to me. God was stirring in my heart. Seems every corner I turned there was someone placing a tract in my hand. I jokingly said "hmm, these people must see something (bad) in me that this keeps happening". But I felt compelled to read each and everyone of them. It wasn't until 5 years later that I went seeking a church. The very first visit I was ready for harvest and ready to surrender.

When Jesus came into my heart it was immediate change! Contentment! When I discovered all that God had to say to me personally in His powerful Word I was amazed! I could throw out that daisy...he loves me, he loves me not! HE LOVES EVEN ME! Doors began to open and I saw Jesus!

My eyes were opened! I chose (choose) my friends differently, my values changed, I no longer cared more for myself than for others. Those who are not my friends (including enemies) I see differently and as less of a personal threat. I grieve differently, I rejoice differently. I have found new friends that are like minded. I have more of desire to serve others rather than the expectation of being served. Things I used to see as "fun" are now a waste of time and energy. Things I used to cling to (personal possessions)  no longer have any meaning.

My heart aches for those who cannot see or who have been so brainwashed by the world. In one breath I say, Come quickly Lord Jesus but in another breath I pray that the Lord not return until my loved ones surrender themselves and their will for His!

I have guidance, new wisdom, an abundance of love for others, with allowing God control over my life there is less stress of micro-controlling things and people in my surroundings. Oh how I love Jesus! Because he first loved me!

Yes, thank you for asking!

11. delaneyworld profile image72
    delaneyworldposted 12 years ago

My beliefs give me hope, love and support.  My beliefs also help me to be the best person I can be through giving, empathy and knowing that we are all in this life together.  I think many religions help people to do the same.  My faith is what gets me through when I need that extra guidance.

12. TwoCooks profile image61
    TwoCooksposted 12 years ago

Wow! What a great question to ask. I think it has improved my life because it gives me the knowledge that no matter what everything will be ok. I know that God will always take care of me and he always has. I am thankful all the time for how much my family and I have been blessed.I can be worried about something today but know that in the longrun things will be ok. I guess it's an overall feeling of contentment. Reading these other answers reminds me that I also need to do more for Jesus.

13. Sassywolf profile image60
    Sassywolfposted 12 years ago

It makes us feel better about our lives and inner soul,knowing that our Lord and Saviour is helping us through our life choices and gives us forgivness and growth to be a better christian and to help others all around us!Especially around this time of year our Saviours birth day!Merry Christmas.

14. Deborah Brooks profile image59
    Deborah Brooksposted 12 years ago

When I was a child I was molested by a family member. because of that I had such a hard time having a real relationship with a man. I couldn't stay married so I did a lot of foolish things. I went through life being  so unhappy and it was all about me. I knew I wanted something different something new and lasting, and nothing I seem to do my self was right, everything was wrong. Then I met Jesus face to face. A life changing experience. He saved my life. You see I had gotten where i did not want to live. I have lost so much but I gained eternal Life. Because of Jesus, I now have  a joy that I did not know there was.
    So you asked the question How has being a Christian improved your life?
    He saved mine and gave me a love and joy that I did not know existed.

15. Samantha Manyika profile image60
    Samantha Manyikaposted 12 years ago

its helped me to become a better version of myself, its life changing and its amazing, and it strengthens me to know jesus died for me.

1. profile image0
      snapcracklepopposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm thankful for Jesus ransom sacrifice for as well....Without him dying for how could/would we be able to have a relationship with God? How would/could we know how to conduct ourselves as servants of God and footstep followers of Jesus Christ?

16. Vesna Pavlovic profile image61
    Vesna Pavlovicposted 12 years ago

For Christians, Jesus Christ is a teacher, a model for a real way of life on Earth, an incarnation of God, the savior of man, who was on the cross, gave His life for all people, so that people could atone for their sins and thus save. Christians believe that Jesus rose from the dead the third day after crucifixion, later raised to heaven, and thus conquered death. Most Christians believe that Jesus will come again to earth to take His church and judge all people (living and dead) who have ever lived on Earth.
    Since Jesus Christ took human sins, allowed us to repentance and a better life because that individual has admitted the mistake and that is perceived, and thus becomes a better person.
    I personally believe that without faith there is no hope and that the role of Christianity was to unite people, because all are born, live and die, and the quality of life we can only give ourselves.

17. profile image0
    snapcracklepopposted 7 years ago

Being a Christian has improved my life in many, many ways:

(1) God has allowed me to be close with/to Him.

(2) I know and understand God's will and purpose for obedient mankind and the earth.

(3) I have been given a wonderful hope for the future.

(4) I know why and understand why the world is so messed up.

(5) My marriage has improved and is a Christian work in progress.

(6) I'm happier because I've learned to be content with the simple things in life and to appreciate the many blessings that I at times over look.

(7) My life has improved because I appreciate having the "necessities" and not spending funds on things I really don't need.

These and many more reasons have improved my life and well being, because of being a Christian and a servant of the Most High God (Psalms 83:18).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)