jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is a Pentecostal Holiness church? How does it differ from other Christian d

1. bayareagreatthing profile image66
    bayareagreatthingposted 6 years ago

What is a Pentecostal Holiness church? How does it differ from other Christian denominations?

2. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 6 years ago

What I know is that they perform speaking in tongue and of course the 10% tithes.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Pentecostal churches tend to be more exuberant and vocal about their faith and in their worship services.

4. oscarwms profile image67
    oscarwmsposted 6 years ago

Pentecostal Holiness believe that you can lose your salvation by sinning. They believe that the baptism of the Holy Ghost comes with speaking in toungs and that it takes place after salvation as some kind of second blessing. They believe all of the sign gifs are still in opperation today. I could go on but I will stop here. These ar the main staples of there beliefs.

5. Richard Zonio profile image60
    Richard Zonioposted 6 years ago

...a church where they believe in a living apostle, which was also happened during the day of pentecost.. they always emphasize that an apostle die the same with the first twelve (12) and after... but the office of apostleship remains as what the faith of Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ(4th Watch)

6. Saintatlarge profile image81
    Saintatlargeposted 6 years ago

You might find more prominent answers at these sights:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio … ess_Church

http://iphc.org/

Some, but not all Pentecostal churches have a tendency to lean toward a works or rigid disciplines, such as dress codes, hair, make-up, TV, movies, etc., and that these disciplines if not followed could prevent you from a full salvation.
    Do some digging and don't get caught up with another's view or judgement of the matter. L.

working