jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you believe that someone knew you long before you got to this final stage of

1. Sky9106 profile image76
    Sky9106posted 6 years ago

Do you believe that someone knew you long before you got to this final stage of materialization into

Looking at the most of process it took for a man to eventually be born. Do you believe that someone knew you long before you got to this final stage of materialization into this reality being you and I?
    In other words were you dead before coming to life , or always alive in different forms?

2. RNMSN profile image89
    RNMSNposted 6 years ago

i love this type of philosphical wandering into the existence of a soul! so here goes my mental wanderings: I am so broken and make so many mistakes I really cannot believe I would get all my lessons learned in just one lifetime. On the other hand I know my Lord died so that I could live and then go to Heaven. On the other hand there is free will...sooooo, f someone I know and love is in that big circle with me and all our other loved ones...and says "I have to go back into the human realm and learn such and such but I cant do it with you...will you come with me?"  like Dude, what do I say? like; No? of course not...so off we go again into the realm of being hman once more/running the rsk/again/that we wont figure out the one basic truth...that we are and always will be flawed but its OK caue the Lord loves us anyway smile
    What a good question, Sky, for Chistmas Day!

3. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

I the depths of meditation, it is possible to see..not really at will..those with whom you have sacred contracts with, that you have to work with in this lifetime. The danger is forcing them to know it..for your own selfish desires...in this the punishment is pain..emotional pain..
    Only when you realize that they will know it in their own time can you undo such "agreement"...

4. ptosis profile image77
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

How can I be me before becoming me - if I believe that time is linear?

If time is an illusion then the '40 year old me'  can go back to my '5 year old me'  to give advice.  If quantum wavelengths (they call the wavelengths particles because the math is easier) can do it  - then why can't us macros?

I think we all space-time travel in our dreams. When an inventor dreams up something new his future self communicates to his present dream self

5. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

I really won't say that it is "someone" and I can't really say who it is at all because that would mean that I definitely know.  I will say for some of us once you are here you are guided and instructed.  You purposely experience people, instances, relationships, situations and must learn to listen and grow from these lessons which will eventually place you exactly where you need to be.  If one chooses to be stubborn, arrogant, delusional or just ignorant that is on them, they will materialize into whatever randomness.  Belief in self and understanding and adhering to "self" (regardless of whomever and whatever you choose to believe in) so to speak allows you to materialize in a complete you.

6. Tusitala Tom profile image60
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

An excellent question and one that infers either of two things:  Firstly, we are Life Itself, in which case we were alive but possibly strewn out among a myriad forms, and secondly, did we have a personal, individual life as a human being before being born into this one, which infers Reincarnation.

Maybe we were both.  And if we were both it would seem that, in our essence, (not our 'individual human souls' but as Life Itself 'spirit'    It gets awkward here because no one appears to have defined the difference between spirit and soul.

Certainly I'm of the opinion that we Reincarnate; that all so-called natural tendencies and 'gifts' are earned by dint of application and learning in previous lives.    On the other hand, I don't think the Whole of us is born into our particular body, that we are, in effect a part of the Whole.   

Someone likened us to being an 'inlet' on a sea shore.   My own analogy: We're like ice-bergs which appear to be different from one another but are made up of frozen water floating in an endless sea of water.  The shapes are different, the essence the same.   Or maybe like clouds that precipitate out of invisible water vapour.  We were always there, but now we are seen.    The water vapour was always there, but a drop in frequency/vibration causes our manifestation in a particular 'plane' or frequency spectrum subject to the sensory organs we possess.

But then, I'm pretty sure I've written a Hub or two on this very subject.

Have a great Christmas, and enjoy a propsperous and happy 2012.

7. profile image0
    madmilkerposted 6 years ago

duh!  If you know for a fact....

this is my final stage of materialization into.....

you would have to had known me at the very first stage....

so, you already know the answer ....

this could lead to making a few of us look a little stupid....

at the way we respond to the question....

don't you think.... smile

“To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.”  - Lao Tzu

8. KutterHighway profile image58
    KutterHighwayposted 6 years ago

No one exists  before they are born, just like no one continues to exists once they die. Death is permanent and absolute. Your mind is what the brain is doing at any one time. Personality and consciousness is due to electrical activity in the brain. Once there is no activity the brain, mind, and consciousness dies.

9. MisterCullen profile image73
    MisterCullenposted 6 years ago

I believe we are presently the combination of all life which has lived on earth who has shared our blood lines.  Your personal DNA code can trace you back to all of your relatives because you are a beautiful combination of all that life here in the present.  So with DNA comes the Soul and Spirit. 

The Souls of all the contributors to the DNA which now lives in this body is also a part of you.  So have you lived before absolutely! 

So your Soul is also a combination of all the souls which experienced breath on earth before you.  The beauty of it all is, you're the new soul of life with the history of the world at your finger tips.   

Q:  Do you believe that someone knew you long before you got to this final stage of materialization into this reality being you and I?

A:  With the understanding above then yes it is possible some of your soul remembers or has a strong connection with another soul.  This connections is probably the result of a past connection some time ago in history.

Q:  In other words were you dead before coming to life , or always alive in different forms?

A:  Before you and I came to life in the present time we had no life.  Now that we have life we also have and share the life of all who has lived before us in our bloodline.

10. Sinbadsailorman profile image75
    Sinbadsailormanposted 6 years ago

Okay haven't you opened a can or box of worms? Here is a Question from the forum. Do you believe that someone knew you long before you got to this final stage of materialization into... asked by Sky9106
    For Me now mind you! This is a very... read more