jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do we know there is a God?

1. cafeteria profile image69
    cafeteriaposted 6 years ago

How do we know there is a God?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5946583_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Virgil Newsomeposted 6 years ago

Everything points to God.  The glory of God is shown in creation. flowers that bloom show life.  Birds that sing show praise.  Opposition shows an adversary that is opposed to God.

3. Rev. Akins profile image78
    Rev. Akinsposted 6 years ago

There is a flood story in every religion's creation. There are many similarities in faiths that have never encountered each other. Good stuff happens even when people are just people. I think you can see God in anything you want, as to proof, I lean on my own heritage, John Calvin: The more you understand who you are, the more you can see God in your actions, and the more you understand who God is in your life, the more you understand who you are and what you are called to do. We are all created in the image of God, so you can look in the faces of all the people you meet and get a glimpse of who God is.

4. Billjordan profile image65
    Billjordanposted 6 years ago

He changed my life when I prayed crack had me God delivered me and has continued to change my life and bless me as I live to tell others that God is there for them.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Open your self to your surroundings. Plants,animals,fish,birds,mountains,lakes, seas,deserts,electricity,fuel oil,the air you breath, none of these just became from nothing, but were created, created by God.  Man cannot create, let alone create from nothing.

6. Hyphenbird profile image91
    Hyphenbirdposted 6 years ago

We know there is a true and living God because we exist and feel love. God IS love and we love. A newborn baby offers proof, a sunrise, a growing tree, all of these and more are created by His love.

7. Seek-n-Find profile image91
    Seek-n-Findposted 6 years ago

People have lots of reasons for believing:  Some common reasons for believing are: 

1)  Creation must have a Creator (the same way this computer did not just materialize before my eyes--how could the more complex living beings and systems just "appear"?)

2)  Evidence found in the historical record, scientific evidence, and logic.

3)  Testimony--they see radical life change in others due to God

4)  Personal Encounter--people encounter God or the spirit realm in some significant way

I actually wrote a hub on it "Seven Good Reasons to Believe in God..." if you are interested in more detail  :-)

8. Cas Merchant profile image60
    Cas Merchantposted 6 years ago

because, today I breathe and smile. ONLY God could've pulled me through.

working