What must you do in order to rule and reign with Messiah ?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (51 posts)
  1. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image56
    LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years ago

Answers ?

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't realize that any of us were going to rule *with* him. I thought he is our judge and ruler, and we are his redeemed. Seems like too many cooks in the kitchen, otherwise.

LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay and the operative words in your answer are "I did not realize"

2. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Become the Messiah smile

3. Messenger_of_god8 profile image60
      Messenger_of_god8posted 14 years agoin reply to this

have no doubt there is life after death and i have a big secret that i cannot tell the world until the time is right! because if i tell you too soon people will go crazy!

1. tantrum profile image58
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. profile image0
        Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikes

3. ElElyone profile image61
        ElElyoneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I never sent you.

4. starme77 profile image79
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um  who is messiah and why would I want to rule and reign with him in the first place?

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All three words messiah rule and reign are very dicey in my view. smile

1. starme77 profile image79

yup, mine also , dicy is a good way to put it I think, nice choice of words smile

5. starme77 profile image79

Well, we answered ya but you didn't show back up to answer our questions ...so where did ya go lefthand

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I guess first to believe in it. smile

3. tantrum profile image58
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Die.

4. Rhianni32 profile image69
    Rhianni32posted 14 years ago

I want him/her to appear in the middle of the U.N. during a full press conference and announce for us to knock all of our **** off.
    Seriously if he/she is to think that we would take them seriously they have to have an updated message sooner then 2009 years ago.

1. sooner than later profile image60
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He did and does. are you looking for it. I can point you in the right direction.

5. Maira818 profile image71
    Maira818posted 14 years ago

to believe, and i think you must live accordingly to His standards

Okay and for how long?

6. profile image0
    Bob Vince Jrposted 14 years ago

Simply SURRENDER your Spirit to His will, accept him as teacher,prophet and Savior.

Good start, anything else?

7. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Rule and reign *with* ... I don't think God needs a copilot, and considering the shape of this world, I seriously doubt any of us would ever be offered such a license. smile

He does not need?....yet He offers this.

And the operative words in your answer are "I seriously doubt"

8. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

... from birth to dust ...

9. quietnessandtrust profile image59
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

I know I know I know !!!

10. RichardSpeaks profile image77
    RichardSpeaksposted 14 years ago

The Bible says the Elect will indeed rule with Christ. The question is, with all the bad people being in hell, who are the Elect going to rule over? St. Thomas Aquinas, way back, said that one of the joys of heaven was to be able to look over the edge of the "Abyss" and watch the sinners all burning forever in the lake of fire. Sounds a bit sadistic, don't you think?

Fact is, both Paul and John the Revelator were talking about their own times. And the Great Whore was Rome, not the Catholic Church. If you truly understand the scriptures, it comes down to this:

You are either predestined for heaven or for hell. You have no say in the matter. Your fate was sealed from the foundation of the universe. One hundred and thirty-three verses in the New Testament support this view. Those who claim we choose salvation are misled. Free will seems to be supported in the NT but only by about 23 verses, all of which can be reconciled to the Predestination Doctrine. It won't work the other way around.

So get used to it, Christian. You may not actually be saved. Many are called and few have been chosen.

(For those of you who scoff at what I have just written, I am backed up by the most important early Christian apologists like St. Augustine and Origen and Tertullian, not to mention John Calvin and a host of others. Free will is NOT Biblical.)

So you never said what you must do.

And so there is no "IF" involved ?

1. yoshi97 profile image55
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um ... okay ... so what you are saying is you are preselected at birth, right?

If that's so, and you can't change it ... then why read the Bible and learn about Christ. After all, if you are predestined to go to Hell, then it's years waisted in learning ... and if you are predestined to go to Heaven, then again, it's years waisted in reading.

This seems to say one can sin ... as you are chosen at birth or you will never be chosen. Once chosen, you could sin as you already have a spot in Heaven. If you aren't, then you can know that you can enjoy what time you have on Earth.

And this brings about another issue ... preaching. Why spout off verse after verse if this is all predetermined? Predetermined means nothing changes what will occur, so converting people to Christ offers no difference in one's path.

I truly hope I have misunderstood the 'predetermined' part, as it pretty much is a train wreck to Christianity, deeming the whole religion is needless, as those who have been chosen to go to Heaven were picked at birth, with nothing to be done that could change our paths.

11. mobilephone guide profile image61
    mobilephone guideposted 14 years ago

nothing

12. underhiswings profile image60
    underhiswingsposted 14 years ago

I found this answer.

You have heard me teach many things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Teach these great truths to trustworthy people who are able to pass them on to others.
    Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
    And as Christ's soldier, do not let yourself become tied up in the affairs of this life, for then you cannot satisfy the one who has enlisted you in his army.

Follow the Lord's rules for doing his work, just as an athlete either follows the rules or is disqualified and wins no prize.
    Hardworking farmers are the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor.
    Think about what I am saying. The Lord will give you understanding in all these things.
    Never forget that Jesus Christ was a man born into King David's family and that he was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach.
    And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained.
    I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.
    This is a true saying: If we die with him, we will also live with him.
    If we endure, we will reign with him. If we deny him, he will deny us.

Seems like "IF" is a very, very, BIG DEAL and NOBODY is a "shoe-in"

1. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for making me feel a bit better about things Underhis wings. You said 'and nobody is a shoe in', which brings me back to the belief that ascension is something we need to work at and not something that happens to a privileged few promised at birth.

It really made me think ... why would they even write the Bible if everyone was judged at birth? It does restore some faith to know I was right ... at least on this one ... that we all have a chance if we walk the right path.

1. underhiswings profile image60
        underhiswingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"IF" "IF" "IF"
        People seems to forget that word is all throughout the scriptures and

IT IS THE QUALIFIER.

1. Messenger_of_god8 profile image60
          Messenger_of_god8posted 14 years agoin reply to this

be positive + now is the time

13. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I dunno. Kill all the non believers? Wipe out the infidels? Worship the poor little needy bastard, crawl on your guts like a dog?

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that we can keep the non believers and infidels but the skitters, fire ants and kockroach has gotta be left behing.
      I hope

14. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Love Heavenly Father and love each other.

15. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Well it is time for me to go to work and fix a couple of roof leads. Gotta love all of this rain we have been getting.

16. topshelf profile image61
    topshelfposted 14 years ago

well He know's we all are sinners, so basically beleive His son Jesus died for us. Also beleive He's your Savior and your name shall be written in the Book of Life, and you will enter His Kingdom.

17. topshelf profile image61
    topshelfposted 14 years ago

well He know's we all are sinners, so basically beleive His son Jesus died for us. Also beleive He's your Savior and your name shall be written in the Book of Life, and you will enter His Kingdom.

18. Marcus D Mays profile image60
    Marcus D Maysposted 14 years ago

In order to rule in the coming kingdom, first you must believe that God send His Sons; second, you must fear the LORD GOD and keep his commandments; third and most of all keep away from these 3 things: piercings, tatoos, and same sex relationships. In doing this you will be fine>

19. Jerami profile image59

I do not know for sure, but I think that it has got to be in the top ten things than I am grateful to GOD for; is that he is not nearly as judgemental as some Christians are as far as ... "Judge not that ye shall not be judged" goes. I am so thankful that my weaknesses are not as lame as every one Else's weaknesses are. Lord help me if I really believe any of this last statement,  even a little bit.

Agreed!, At least in part, (as you know my beliefs on a god) The last statement was made by yet another fundy who can't think or recognize fellow humans without tagging them.

20. bayareagreatthing profile image60
    bayareagreatthingposted 14 years ago

Just a few verses to consider in light of some of the theology stated here:

Revelation 20:6
    "Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Revelation 5:10
    "You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."

2 Timothy 2:11-13
    "Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure,we will also reign with him.If we disown him, he will also disown us;if we are faithless,he will remain faithful,for he cannot disown himself."

1 Timothy 2:1-7
    "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time. And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles."

John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

21. Jerami profile image59

Hay Earnest and yea I was funnin a little in that last post.  Glad ya knew I was teasing a bit. Hope ya feelin  better?

I am still getting worse. Day 3 or so, but the psych is happy!

22. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

It's interestin how you've formulated the title for this forum... "What must you do in order to rule and reign with Messiah"..
    I think RULE and REIGN go against all christian philosophy in the first place. Second thing - why would you want that? It's not Wall Street anyway smile

23. Sexy jonty profile image58
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

Want to rule ..... but where ...... just rule yourself .... that will be better ....

24. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

I'm with Star... who is Messiah? (Hi Earnest)

25. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

To rule and reign with the Messiah one would have to BE the Messiah. Anything else would be heretical, would it not?

26. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Hello NiteRider and Mighty Mom nice to see. it is quiet at this time on hubpages. It is 3pm here on Monday.

27. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

Mighty Mom, Earnest and I are heretics anyway. We both like trucks which brings as close as we'll probably ever get to the Messiah.

i like anything with an Internal Combustion Engine in it! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)