jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Angels are spirits, right or wrong? Are they sexless?

1. Rhoda Talisaysay profile image60
    Rhoda Talisaysayposted 6 years ago

Angels are spirits, right or wrong? Are they sexless?

2. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Angels are spirits and I thought they were sexless too, but I read the book of Daniel recently and it stated...." while Daniel was praying, the man Gabriel being caused to fly touched him swiftly." Daniel 9:21

In Daniel 9:22 Daniel said - "and he informed me and talked with me" so that gives the impression it was An Angel Called Gabriel, who was Male.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

They are myths

4. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Angels consist of the same kind of energy as spirits but they are at a much higher level of consciousness than the kind of spirits we are more familiar with - such as people, animals and other entities. They can project themselves as male or female but this is only to give our minds a form that is recognisable to us.

They are sexless because they have no need to reproduce. Some holy books refer to them as 'he' or 'she' but the holy books were written by people in a language that is understood by believers. The angels themselves, as I've mentioned can project their consiousness into any form they wish be it male, female or another type of animal.

5. noturningback profile image79
    noturningbackposted 6 years ago

Angels, who or what are they? What do they do and what do they look like? read more

6. noturningback profile image79
    noturningbackposted 6 years ago

Angels(Messengers) are created beings and only mentioned as spirits in the canonized Bible once in Hebrews 1:14. The angels in this Bible are all male in name; Michael, Gabriel and Lucifer(Satan)
    There is no specific need for angels to have gender, they do not procreate as humans or animals do.

7. preacher2003 profile image59
    preacher2003posted 6 years ago

Angels were all created as male beings - and the four named angels are :

Michael, Gabriel, Satan and Apollyon -

some pre-incarnate appearances in the OT were actually Jesus Christ and at other times they were male angels - all created at one time -

There are no female angels, angels do not have wings and there are no baby angels -