jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

If you tried chasing a dream that you find out isn't worth chasing, what do you

1. gmaoli profile image76
    gmaoliposted 6 years ago

If you tried chasing a dream that you find out isn't worth chasing, what do you decide to do then?

2. swb78 profile image60
    swb78posted 6 years ago

Regroup and learn from it. Life is nothing more than a series of new choices and experiences. Failure is the essence of success. No one wins who has  not first tasted biter defeat.

3. The Stages Of ME profile image62
    The Stages Of MEposted 6 years ago

Well I have not experienced this fully, but I suppose I would change my direction.  If going down a particular path I found myself unhappy or not fulfilled.  Then I would seek my heart to find out what path would allow me to use my talents and interest. I would attempt to find something that would be rewarding and motivating for my current situation.  When not happy I would evaluate what is missing or out of place in my life and work toward optimizing talents and interest.  When doing something you love the dreams come true and there is not more chasing to be done.

4. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 6 years ago

I would just chase another one! Never stop dreaming...that is my thoughts anyway!smile

5. grinnin1 profile image80
    grinnin1posted 6 years ago

Pat yourself on the back for having the guts to go for your dreams and  for recognizing that it wasn't what you thought it was and moving forward. Find a new dream to pursue, set goals, and go for it . Life is about what you dream it is about. Don't give up.

6. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

stop the endless cycle of chasing

These rules of an answer being too short are elementary.

7. EyesStraightAhead profile image84
    EyesStraightAheadposted 6 years ago

Take a step back, figure out where I need to go next, move on. This recently happened to me in that I was dead set on something happening and set myself up for possible disappointment. Luckily, I realized it before it was too late, regrouped, and put my focus back where it needed to be. I was chasing the wrong dream!

8. aisha91 profile image57
    aisha91posted 6 years ago

If I really have enough evidence that it is not worth chasing then I give it up, there is no need to waste more time on it, even if the people around me have the opposite opinion.

The next thing that I would do is to find another one that is worth chasing assuming I don't have one, but if I do have one, I give all my focus and best on it, examine all its ups and downs and be ready with any consequences it might give me.

9. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

Personaly, if I put in a lot of time in this dream Im not going to stop, I may try another route to that dream.

10. Mala Srivastava profile image60
    Mala Srivastavaposted 6 years ago

The first thing that I will do is to try to forget it and start afresh. I will not let that dream shatter my future plans and will prepare myself once again to chase my other dreams.

11. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Back pedal and try to re-coup the money that you lost pursing "the dream."

12. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image77
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 6 years ago

I would say maybe the next best thing to it.

13. YvetteParker profile image73
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Stop chasing. Make sure you are clear on what caused the dream to no longer be worthy of chasing. What did you learn from the chase? What did you do that turned out well, what did not work? Refocus, change directions (if need be), and start over wiser, stronger, and better than before.

14. kayyluh profile image78
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

start a new dream that is worth chasing! You will find one! smile there is always something new that will come your way so don't sweat if you no longer want what you once thought was perfect.