jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why are atheists mentioned in the Bible, the book of one they say doesn't exist?

1. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 6 years ago

Why are atheists mentioned in the Bible, the book of one they say doesn't exist?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6255561_f260.jpg

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. Many religious texts mention non-believers. It makes sense that a book promoting one religion over another would attempt to address those who disbelieve it. Whether the purpose is to demonize the opposition, or just debate some of the issues non-believers might bring up, it's a legitimate practice. And from the viewpoint of an atheist, the bible mentions them because it was written by humans.

3. dmop profile image76
    dmopposted 6 years ago

It isn't very profound, that there will be non-believers, It matters not what you advocate there will always be skeptics. I find nothing in the Bible that provokes me to actually believe in God, only living has done that. Through living I know that there is a God, no; I can't prove it and have no desire to, though I know that none can prove that there isn't either.

4. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 6 years ago

Thank, M.T.D.  Good response...humans vs. humans with no supreme being involved.  Logical. 
    Dmop...provoke is a good choice of words.  Thanks for responding.

5. preacher2003 profile image59
    preacher2003posted 6 years ago

the "atheists" of the Bible are / were  Christians(followers of Jehovah) as well as those who did not follow other 'gods' or believe in them .... thus they were called atheists-
    atheism is actually a form of idolatry and that in any form should be avoided at all costs -

Jesus is real and HE paid a very high price for all who will believe in Him...

6. okaygrace profile image61
    okaygraceposted 6 years ago

I'm not an atheist, but last time I checked I don't think anyone has ever thought or believed that The Bible doesn't exist?

It is a book and that is a proven fact.

Atheists don't believe in God, which is what is referenced in The Bible, but most people(including atheists) view The Bible as a historical artifact that has some sense of meaning in the world.

working