jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Believers, can you make an argument that god doesn't exist?

1. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Believers, can you make an argument that god doesn't exist?

They say that, in order to understand both sides of an issue, you must know enough that you could argue for the other side. It's a common practice in speech/debate classes. So this question is for those who believe in god; can you make a convincing argument that god does not exist, even though you don't believe it yourself?

2. speer138 profile image59
    speer138posted 3 years ago

Sure. I argue the way Dawkins suggests and the way many do. People who believe in god are just ignorant and delusional. No matter what they say, there is no evidence ay all. None. All they have is a magic book they get information from. It's so ignorant to get information from a book. Idiots. All they wanna do is keep others ignorant and hold back science progression. Not only that but they are so evil for having different morals than what popular culture says.

3. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

No. You can't prove a negative, so it's impossible to prove something doesn't exist.

4. aguasilver profile image81
    aguasilverposted 3 years ago

Both previous answers look good to me, because NOBODY can prove God exists (or does not exist) until they die, at which time IF atheism was correct, they would still NEVER know.

In fact the question perhaps should have been can AGNOSTICS make an argument that god doesn't exist?

God can only be found by faith, by personal relationship and by having a willing and contrite 'heart'.

If a believer has those things, of course they cannot deny God exists or even attempt to prove it.

5. celafoe profile image57
    celafoeposted 3 years ago

Since I know the one and only true God personally and we converse regularly, I would never try to show He does not exist.    But your god, he does not exist and I have no need to discuss it.