jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do You Believe in GOD? If Not, Who Controls Karma?

1. sherae75 profile image61
    sherae75posted 6 years ago

Do You Believe in GOD? If Not, Who Controls Karma?

We all know that Karma is real, but who's controlling it? If you've never experienced it, just keep living. There is something that we answer to in our wrong doing, as well as good deeds. What would life be like if we were never punished, rewarded, or taught life lessons. What do you think?

2. okaygrace profile image61
    okaygraceposted 6 years ago

How do we know that Karma is real? If I remember right, Karma is actually a belief of Hinduism, which has nothing to do with the Christian God.

There are plenty of bad people that have good lives. I don't believe in Karma, but I do believe in doing unto others as you would have them do unto you.

All I care about is being able to look myself in the mirror each morning. Sure other people have been blessed better than me, but that's life.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

We don't all know that karma is real. I've known plenty of bad people who never got reprimanded, and plenty of good people who never got rewarded. Humans, by nature, love to make associations in their head. For example if someone says "I haven't been sick this year" and forgets to knock on wood, then when they do get sick, they think "this is bad luck because I didn't knock on wood". But if they don't say anything about not getting sick, but they still get sick, they make no association to bad luck, it 'just happened'. In other words, superstition exists because we make it exist. We will naturally find something in our memories to make the connection, whether we want to or not. Weird bad things happen every day, but we only notice them when we didn't knock on wood, or think that karma is going to come back to us. Suddenly your daily trip over that child's toy isn't just a normal occurrence; it's because you walked under that ladder several weeks ago. With billions of people moving about every day, weird things are bound to happen. Some will be explained as miracles, other as karma, but ultimately it's just statistics.

4. profile image0
    AKA Winstonposted 6 years ago

It is a guy named Vinnie.  He bought the licenses for all of New York and now he's the only one who gets to use the Karm-o-meter to tell who has been naughty or nice.

5. ib radmasters profile image61
    ib radmastersposted 6 years ago

I don't believe in the biblical God, and I don't believe in Karma.

6. moneycop profile image78
    moneycopposted 6 years ago

It should be clearly understood that it is not the actual action, but the motive behind it that matters. When a person is absorbed in the selfless love of God, he will only get the result of his devotion, not of his physical actions read more

7. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

"we all know that Karma is real" - nope, I don't. I don't believe there's a balancing force which keeps you on the midway. When I do wrong, I don't answer to anyone spiritual, I answer to the person I've wronged.

The fact is, we're punished and rewarded through choice and through understanding. Not through spiritual Karma's.