Do you believe there is justice in the world: do people get what they deserve?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Marie McKeown profile image88
    Marie McKeownposted 13 years ago

Do you believe there is justice in the world: do people get what they deserve?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4639134_f260.jpg

2. apache13 profile image60
    apache13posted 13 years ago

Sure there is all kinds of justice in the world it just doesn't  seem that way when you're the one being treated unjustly. Karma and instant karma,The day of judgement and the court system that seems a joke is still busting people everyday for bad things,It just doesn't seem like they get their just deserts but they do.

3. Seeker7 profile image82
    Seeker7posted 13 years ago

Hi Marie,

Frankly I don't think there is much justice at all. I think the world is going bonkers and justice seems to be more in favour of pre-meditated murders/rapists than the victims. In the UK we even have cold-blooded killers going to the European Parliament because of 'Human Rights' issues???????? What about the their victims rights? I think the justice system and many of our laws are a joke.

4. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 13 years ago

This is tough.
    Sometimes they do, sometimes dont.
    You reap what you sow.
    I believe in God,but I dont understand why 20 percent of the world population posses 80% of the worlds wealth.

5. mattbull220 profile image58
    mattbull220posted 13 years ago

When has anybody ever got what they deserve in this world? there's only a few lucky and some unlucky souls out there who have got what they have deserved.  But yet you have people out there doing erverything they can to make it but don't get anywhere wouldn't they deserve to take another step up, there are many truely good people out there that will never get what they deserve.

6. Mr.Moonlight profile image60
    Mr.Moonlightposted 13 years ago

I deserve to be happy; I did not get what I deserve, so for me the answer is no. And, in a Utopian sense, if only one of us is denied something that others get, that is an injustice. So again, my answer is no.

7. Mystiblu profile image68
    Mystibluposted 13 years ago

I'm not sure there is enough justice, but what we hear about the most are the unjust things that happen in the worlld. The world is out of balance, with some having too much power and others not having enough. I believe "what goes around comes around" and "what you put out, comes back." I believe in karma and treat others the way we want to be treated. With time, I believe people get what they deserve, if they don't change their ways and continue to be negative and hurt others. Again, "what goes around comes around" and with time, justice does catch up with them, somehow, someway. I believe the world is balancing itself with the help of positive people!

8. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 13 years ago

There are alot of people who do not get what they deserve, but then who is to make that judgement call? I believe that things have a way of coming around. Most might dodge the bullet for a season but sooner or later it will catch up with them.

For the people who "think" they deserve anything, are usually the most disgruntled. Once one takes their eyes off themselves, life has a way of being alot sweeter.

9. safiq ali patel profile image67
    safiq ali patelposted 13 years ago

Well, I belive life for the majority of people on the earth is unfair and unjust. I belive theortically in justice. But I don't believe justice happens here. My belief is that there is a god and an hour and a date set for justice. That hour is after time after all living has been seen through and all has died. At that time of justice those who lived by laws and live for good ideals are rewarded. Those who failed to do what was required of them and hurt many don't get reward they go to bad things for that place that religious philosophy calls hell. Perhaps this bit in between that we call life is the test of how we live. And while we can help make a better contribution and that doing good brings good rewards in this life, overall justice, the court where all living things answer is some light years away still.

10. Claudin_Dayo profile image62
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

I believe that there is but in our country it doesn't even seem to exist- justice is only for the rich and powerful sad leaving the poor masses hungry and still seeking for justice. This world is not fair at all and we don't always get what we deserve. The Lord has given us enough reason in our lives despite our evil and cruel thoughts we have inside. Real justice is soon coming

11. coolbreeze profile image42
    coolbreezeposted 13 years ago

You would be talking about reaping the harvest from the seeds in live that you have sown. If you are a jerk will it come back to you. How many jerks do you know that only act like they have it made? All of them ;-)

12. mcrawford76 profile image89
    mcrawford76posted 13 years ago

I've read all the responses to this question, and I think it's interesting that people take this question in one of two ways.
    1. The Court/Judicial system - and therein refering to Karma.
    2. Their personal lives and what they've recieved.
    I know what my father would have said, "If you never expect anything, you'll never be disappointed."
    If you work hard, go to school, and do your best in all aspects of your life, you are usually rewarded with a well paying job and a fulfilling career.
    So the moral of the story is, work hard, work hard, and marry your best friend. Everything will work itself out after that.
    You're only going to get out of life what you put in.

13. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

If That were true (people get what they deserve) then the world economy would not be in the big mess it's in.  I do not think when we make war on a country, innocent civilians 'deserve' the misery caused yet they are the ones paying the price.

14. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

in some cases they do but if you are wealthy and well conected, it rarely happens. the time given to the wealthy is nothing compared to what the average person would get. this is just the beginning as we seem to worship celebrities and those who aquire great wealth. martha stewart and o.j. simpson showed just how messed up the justice system is.

15. theseus profile image72
    theseusposted 13 years ago

Of course there is. The problem is the people involved see it on a different plane of perspective.

Yes, people get what they deserve,that is why I believe in karma. You reap what you sow.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)