jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can one be both a Christian and a Democrat?

1. pmorries profile image77
    pmorriesposted 6 years ago

Can one be both a Christian and a Democrat?

2. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

Did Jesus not say feed the hungry? Who then is promoting welfare cuts?
    Did he not tell the rich man to give up all his wealth to the poor? Is distribution of wealth a Republican agenda ?
    Did Jesus charge high fees, co-payment, deductibles and made huge profits on the backs of the sick. Who is behind these corporate profits in health care?
    The Parable of the Good Samaritan suggest that others (society) should bear the health costs and not the unfortunate victims.
    Did Jesus condemn the gays and prostitutes? He actually protected and defended many of them. He consoled them.
    Jesus got angry with the religious rightwing? He called them hypocrites. They lobbied for his death.
    Jesus supported government taxes? Who is against taxing the rich now?
    Did Jesus lost his temper with the business interest of his days? Who fights for business rights over the right of the consumers today?
    Jesus encouraged employers pay higher wages than what was contracted through the parable of the vineyard workers. Today who is resisting any rise in the minimum wage?

I am not thrilled about abortion, however, if this is key to Christianity why did Jesus not bring it up when he told us many things.

Republicans should be calling Jesus a bleeding-heart liberal.
    Should the Christian vote go to the Democrats or the Republicans?

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

Yes, of course. Political preference has nothing to do with whether one is born again believer, or Christian.

4. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 6 years ago

I think Christ would consider both political parties an abomination.

5. twosheds1 profile image61
    twosheds1posted 6 years ago

I think a better question to ask would be could one be both a Christian and a Republican, and the answer is no.

working