What happens if you die and find that God is real, having denied every opportuni

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Wise Words profile image38
    Wise Wordsposted 6 years ago

What happens if you die and find that God is real, having denied every opportunity to know him?

Because there is no way the big bang theory is real its one too many coincidences happening.   

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6265346_f260.jpg

2. Sky9106 profile image71
    Sky9106posted 6 years ago

Even after man fought and saw what war is all about , they are very wise , yet they still fight , and it gets worst with every new engagement.
    The jails are still filled, and those liars are still doing what they do best. After all no one else but God could keep doing what he is doing for man, see those things the are still engaging in.
    That's why we all have a free will and we are quite aware of our surroundings.

Man shall be lovers of themselves more than lovers of God. You can feel a taste of this when you see how people are treating their parents  these days. It is time to get Real.

Give Thanks.
    Bless.

3. Thesource profile image76
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

Finding God is real is a good thing.
    He has infinite love for you.
    If you got hurt with those bad choices you have made including not attempting to know him, you will still be fine.

In his God's presence you will surely realize God's awesome love for you. You will run towards God to fix all your problems and pain. God will provide relief and not disappoint you. Do not fear God, but love him.

All this has nothing to do with the Big Bang Theory.

4. Esenbee profile image61
    Esenbeeposted 6 years ago

I would say that you probably would be in a very hot place under the Earth lol. On a serious note, I think you would have many negative emotions such as hurt, regret, disappointment, guilt, blame, embarrassment due to not knowing God and later finding out that he now exists. Furthermore, before you get to that point of your life, God will definitely provide ways for you to get to know him. Rather it be through meeting a friend who could have positive influence on your life to seeing a bum on the street holding up a hand made sign stating "Repent, for the end is near!" You will have enough opportunities and influences that could turn your interest towards the things of God.

5. that one girl profile image76
    that one girlposted 6 years ago

That's the wonderful thing about the Allfather. He has set up a system so that if we are guaranteed to get into Valhalla if we die in battle, but He is generous and wise enough to understand that not each and every human will have the opportunity to die in battle, and so he made certain that while Hel does not give us the glory of Valhalla, neither is it a place of eternal punishment. Hel just is -- a place of eternal existence, but not punishment. Odin does not hate His children, and He is just in His judgement of us.

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

why is the big bang theory impossible but some spirit is possible, surely you jest. as for finding out there is a god, i'd hate him anyway so it wouldn't matter. if there is a god like you seem to think, he's sure as heck not loving or anything close. bud, your perceptions of god are yours but trying to make it more possible then evolution and the big bang theory is humorous to say the least.

7. Seeker7 profile image93
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Nothing will happen - at least nothing bad! The creator will accept you just the way you are. You are part of creation, therefore part of the creator.  There is nothing you believe or think that hasn't already been thought of by the higher forces.

8. M. T. Dremer profile image92
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

If I died and discovered that god was real, I would ask him why he went to so much trouble to disprove his existence. Then I would ask him (assuming he created me) why he made me an atheist? Honestly, if god made all of us, then he made the non believers as well, so how could he be mad at them? Also, any evidence that god doesn't exist, was also made by god; including any attempts the devil might make to disprove him. So wouldn't no one go to hell then? There is no way a truly good god could justify that.

The big bang may seem like a series of coincidences when condensed into a few paragraphs trying to describe it, but as humans we really can't comprehend how old the universe is and how long this stuff takes. Human existence really only started when we were able to comprehend what it was; the universe is much, much older than us. If the universe was a large book, we wouldn't even be a footnote. How can such tiny, insignificant creatures, believe they figured out its secrets? Especially when you consider that evidence for the existence of god, is equal to the evidence for the flying spaghetti monster.

9. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 6 years ago

Well, if one were to die, and then found out that all their efforts to deny the Father and Son's reality were in vain - they would have a lot of explaining to do and their arguments had better be stronger than the ones I read on the Internet.

10. Stevethepainter profile image61
    Stevethepainterposted 6 years ago

I prefer to think that when my time alive is done, that I will be dead and remain dead.  There's way too many people I would NOT want to see for eternity, tyvm.

If I find that I am a concious, sentient being AFTER death, then I guess I will do the same things I did here on earth: i will explore, question, and attempt to understand.

11. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Like M. T. Dremer said, if God is real, then I'll be damn shocked he created a society where people could thinking outside his book and ideas. And I'd be shocked he has just left the world dormant for 2,000 years, without any messiahs, contacts, visions what so ever (apart from mad people who "see God")

12. profile image0
    Commonsensethinkposted 3 years ago

And why do Christians then assume that it must be the Christian God?????

What happens if the gods are real and they are called Zeus, Hera, Pallas Athene, Apollo, Hermes, Artemis, Hades etc?

There is actually no way that the Jewish myths can be proved to be any more correct than their Greek (or Norse or Aztec or Inca or Fijian or Babylonian or Sumerian etc.) counterparts. None whatsover!

And if you think that the Big Bang theory is flawed, how about a religion based upon talking snakes? Women being turned into pillars of salt? 800-year-old boat builders with animals such as kangaroos (which hadn't been even heard of at that point) being taken on to the Ark.

And then there is the interesting situation where exactly two humans were originally created. They have children? Fine. They have grandchildren? Then who did their children have children with? Son(s) with their mother, or sister(s)? Father with daughter(s)? And the incestuous relations would have been obliged to continue. And the species would have been so genetically flawed it would never have survived.

More sensible than the Big Bang theory (and have you read Stephen Hawking's works in full - there is a lot to the thinking to be absorbed?)????

So meanwhile you and I have both got it wrong, the ancient Greeks had it right, and we are all heading for Tartarus. Make sure that someone put a coin in the mouth of you corpse to pay the boatman (Charon) on your journey across the River Styx! 

It's not going to happen? Well there is no logic that says that we are more likely to end up in Hell than we are to end up in Tartarus. On a scale of ludicrousness the concept of ending in Hell or ending up in Tartarus are completely equal.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)