What happens when you die?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (78 posts)
  1. qbanmamiof2 profile image61
    qbanmamiof2posted 15 years ago

As anyone that has read one of my hubs can see I lost my father recently... to be exact 5 months and 4 days ago. I believe in God. I would like to receive an answer more than heaven, hell or limbo.

Where do you go when you die? what does the spirit feel? can you see your loved ones? Can they hear?  Is it scary?

Gosh....feeling so depressed sad

1. profile image52
      mikey9923posted 15 years agoin reply to this

So sorry for your loss..you have answerd your own question.You said that you belive in GOD! You see the love of GOD has placed your father in GODS hands.The spirit feels no pain because it has left the flesh in which all pain is felt.And yes your father can hear you and see you.It says in the bible that when we get to heaven there is a party! no worries your father is is in good hands ; )

1. profile image0
        ellie1142545posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful answer here....One I agree with...

2. ionerice profile image61
      ionericeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for your lost but when we die all of us go into the ground and our bodies rot.  The rate of decay depends on whether or not the body has been embalmed.  Before they had the large caskets that are used today people were dumped into a hole, cremated or placed in a cave as Jesus was for a year until the flesh fell from the bones.  The bones were collected and placed into a 3 X 4 Ossuary for burial.

And if people went to heaven when they died there wouldn’t be a need for the resurrection and the Judgment when Yeshua returned.  The events described in Revelation would be useless and will never happen if people go to heaven when they die.  If there is a soul or spirit that is floating around waiting for Yeshua to come back, there has been absolutely no evidence to prove it.

This is what the bible says about the dead:
      {For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.}

BTW, I do understand you depression because I’ve lost my mother, father and four sisters.  I had to live off of the pleasant memories which helped me to find strength to make it.

3. nikki1 profile image59
      nikki1posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Please don't be depressed. When you die, my opinion is your soul either goes to God or the other place. Depending on your
      beliefs. Your bones get decade. The only way you can see your loved ones is by calling on the dead, and I do not recommend that. I forget what that is called. Quite gross, in my opinion.
      When our loved ones get ready to die.. it is customary to call on your pastor to pray for them and they pray for forgiven of their wrong doings in their past. And, they except Christ as their savior..
      Hugs to all.

4. nikki1 profile image59
      nikki1posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi.. Christian sister.. my condolance on your fathers death sad.
      May he rest in the arms of our Lord. As well as an angel.
      Our thoughts r with you. As well as a brightly lite candle.

5. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I can only speak for myself and my own beliefs, but I was with my mom when she passed and I felt very much she passed to another realm. it was very peaceful, almost sacred moments (I am not religious) when I knew she was looking upward as if someone were welcoming her. 

I feel her presence on numerous occassions in various places. I'm sure your father is at peace. I know the feelings you are feeling. Being with my mother at her time changed my view of dying. I hope you can be at peace.

6. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We all come from the source or god, the Light.

On death we go back to this Light or god which is  state of supreme bliss ,home.
      There is no pain  or disease or broken bones  and no its not at all scary but a very joyous journey.

The spirit or soul goes back to the great spirit or god and is One and is at peace.
      Life is in perfection and his souls journey was over . Its a very difficult loss but believe me he is just fine. smile

7. Real Estate Lady profile image59
      Real Estate Ladyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ah, I am so sorry about your loss. I lost my mom a little over a year ago. I was with her when she died and she did tell me she was "scared." I wish I knew the answers to your questions as I ask the same ones myself every day. I keep feeling that if she CAN get to me somehow, she will.

There have been a few subtle things that have happened to me that I half think my mother is responsible for but then I think "am I kidding myself?"

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard. . .so very hard.

8. anime_nanet profile image59
      anime_nanetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

When you die, two main options... either you get cremated and you turn to ashes or you are buried and you're eaten away slowly by maggots...

That is the harsh reality. As a nurse (and agnostic) I have seen my share of deaths and believe me, not one of them are pretty. I truly believe you just cease your bodily functions. You die.

Your soul? It's not there... Reeincarnation? Nah. Heaven or Hell? That's where you've been living, depending on the life you had.

Of course, what's left is friends and fammily. If the person was a god person (and even bad persons have someone that cared a little for them, I believed) many will cry for their loved one, and be sad. And, of course wil go on living. Because, that's what er're here for, we we're programmed to do it.

Grieve for your father, accept his passing and move on. It's not easy, but you'll have to. Live on and try to have a fulfilling and meaningful life!

1. sooner than later profile image60
        sooner than laterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

wow anime- you are so gentile. can you read us a bedtime story?

9. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

my belief is they are asleep..... no hell or heaven conscious of nothing, awaiting resurrection....... i believe that is taught in the bible, and it helps me, but of course it is not everyone's belief...

10. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost both my parents when I was young.  I often wonder can they hear me? See me?  Its been 29 years since their passing & I haven't gotten any word from them, so I'm guessing - no, but I'd like to believe they can hear/see me. 

The depression gets better.  The memories will be with you always & I hold tight to my memories.

2. qbanmamiof2 profile image61
    qbanmamiof2posted 15 years ago

Do they know that they're dead?  Do they see a tunnel of light like in the movies, do they have to make journey of their life before they can reach that party???   

Has anyone had one of these experiences where they have a near death experience like you see on unsolved mysteries?

What do they feel peace detachment, scared?

1. profile image52

Dont know about the whole tunnel of light thing..But i do know that there are no more journeys to be made. Its earth then heaven.No fear is felt because GOD isnt fear GOD is love and light..

1. profile image52

Yes they know they are not alive..God does not allow for us to feel pain anymore he takes away that ability.

2. sooner than later profile image60

I am sorry to hear about you Fathers death. My wife and I will pray for your peace.
      I do have many texts that explain exactly what happens to the dead. It is not what most people believe, but it is beautiful still and comes right out of scripture(unlike most ideas).

"All that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth." John 5:28, 29. "David ... is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day." "For David is not ascended into the heavens." Acts 2:29, 34. "If I wait, the grave is mine house." Job 17:13.

3. mohitmisra profile image60

Initially you see a tunnel or rather you are in a tunnel with a point of light at a great distance ahead.
      Then you race towards this point of light which one understand to be the source or ones source. This is when you understand that you are not the body but something much more than it and that you are still very much alive and not dead as we humans think or generally think.

Then you come close to this point of light which now becomes very huge and you hang back for a little bit watching it before you go into it and become the Light yourself.You not only see god but actually become god, brilliant light with no beginning and no end , timeless, heaven.
      This is my personal experience and I know you father is just fine.
      Love Mohit smile

I'm sorry but there is no scriptural basis for this. If she believes in God and reads the bible(like she states), I think it is more important to reveal scripture.

1. mohitmisra profile image60

My work or book is ranked alongside the Bible. Christian priest have asked me of they could use my words in their sermons. smile

Then your words must be equal to that of Jesus's???

1. UpHisAss profile image61
              UpHisAssposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Better in fact. More a "down to earth" wisdom.

Thank you smile I try to have more clarity in my words smile

2. sooner than later profile image60

So let me get this strait so that I may educate myself about your perverbial excellency. Your writings are ranked alongside the Bible, and you feel this is so because Christian priests(Man) want to use your words that completely oppose the writings about death in the Bible.

Interesting. May I ask what churches these preists belong to? Catholic I suspect.

Where do they oppose the teaching of the Bible? I speak the same truth as Jesus did.
              "You can sit next to me in the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of god is within, when thy eye be single, I am the light, me and my father are one" Jesus

There are many who believe my words have more clarity than the Bible or Jesus words and that was my very aim, to write a book better than the Bible as the Bible can be  very easily misunderstood because of the language, the style it is written in.

I dissagree. I think that it is more important to understand the language that it was written in. I think what you are trying to accomplish is very dangerous. For one, these writings become YOUR interpretation. Two, what makes you think that you can say it better than Jesus?

Finally, your stance on death has no biblical influence. I have read and know all of the scripture about death.

To be blunt- your "picture" of how we aproach the light seems to be influenced by moovies. No scriptural credability.

You also have said things like "you become god" No, we do not become God. Your views are "New Age" and that is how "people" want heaven to be. Not how it is.

3. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 15 years ago

I am so, so sorry for your loss. But your story did bring back some very lighthearted moments from when my kids were younger. My oldest was 4 years old when my father died. She looked up to him a lot, even at that age. From the day he died, I got questions from her that went like this: "Can you go to the movies in heaven?", "Do they have ice cream in heaven?", "Are there flies in heaven?"

qbanmamiof2posted 15 years agoin reply to this

hee hee that's so cute. The mind of a child is the most beautiful place

2. Cheri Schultz profile image59
      Cheri Schultzposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.  I love the innocence of a child... I believe your spirit rises and you will be able to see all your loved ones and experience all the peace and love that is unspeakable in our terms.  Total bliss smile

4. starme77 profile image80
    starme77posted 15 years ago

I like to think they are flying on the wings of angels - keeping watch over us and guiding us as we jouney through this life

Thank you starme big_smile

5. swarnaw profile image59
    swarnawposted 15 years ago

I don't konw? !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image52

Stick around maybe youll find out!!! : )

6. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 15 years ago

What happens when we die?

The truth is, none of us really know. There are many different ideas on what happens at the moment of death, and then what happens afterwards.

I am familiar with the “tunnel of light” idea, and this has been experienced by many people who have had NDEs. Almost all of these people lose all fear of death as a result, describing it instead as a joyful, blissful experience.   

For myself, I believe that death is the perfect state of being. A state of true bliss where you are once again reunited with the Source of all things, of which we are all part. 

So in my opinion, your father is now blissfully happy. The hardest part for you is to release him – a painful but necessary process which you will deal with in your own time.

Hope this helps.

Yes, Thank you very much smile

7. ODDJOBSMOM profile image59
    ODDJOBSMOMposted 15 years ago

If your father believed in any kind of God, then he has moved on to the "next level" and is enjoying it.  I cannot believe we are set to live on earth then moved on to another journey of unaswered questions.
    God is what you need him/ her to be.  Since most of us wouldn't believe someone who'd said they'd died and gone to the "next thing" and come back to tell us about it.  We all have to believe that God (however we see him) is here to hold our hearts though they may break and hurt he/she is there to carry us through to the next amazing level of his love.  I may sound deeply religious, I am not, I believe we have to take God into our hearts and let him carry us however he and we need(s).  I'm sorry for your loss of someone you loved but, know there are so many reasons to believe the love you shared will still be with you and passed along to the other's who are touched by you and your father.

8. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 15 years ago

Losing a father is a hard thing...I believe your Dad would want you to go forward (If you don't mind me saying so!)...for the sake of his memory...I have no doubt. Though...No one can tell you what happens when you die...there is one person who can be in control of what happens when you live! That's you...!I would wish that your grief and depression...slowly are healed...day by day.  Your Father would want you to live! That may be the best way to honor him...as well...? I will pray for your continued healing through the course of your grief. Sorry for your loss.

1. ScarletRyan1970 profile image60
      ScarletRyan1970posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Here! Here!
      Well said couldn't have said it better myself.
      My deepest condolence to you and yor Family.

9. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 15 years ago

1. Scripture tells us that when we die, we are asleep in the grave. The dead do not go either to heaven or hell at death. They go to their graves to await the resurrection day.

2. How much are we aware of or coprehend when we die?

"The living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun." "There is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10. "The dead praise not the Lord." Psalms 115:17.

We know nothing. We wait and sleep.

10. Maira818 profile image71
    Maira818posted 15 years ago

when you die, its game over...
    this is what i think mind you

once dead you do not feel anything... it is like when you are sleeping... you do not roam the earth scaring people or help people or the like.  some would say that there are dead spirtits who haunt, but that is false.  there are spirits...yes, and two kinds of them roaming the earth, and those are angels and demons.  people would get confused sometimes about dead spirits and demons most of the time.  but there could be exceptions.... i dunno know... Only God knows.

Well, after immediately dying you do not go to heaven or hell, you are just sleeping as i said, kinda like waiting for a special day of judgment... the bible says that one day the first thing the sleeping or dead people will hear is a trompet (or i dont know that thing that s made from animal horn). and then shall wake up of the slumber.   the decision on where you will spend eternity then follows.

very good. yes, the soul returns to God. There are demons and fallen angels everywhere.

11. sooner than later profile image60

and here is the beautiful part.

"Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelation 22:12. "The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, ... and the dead in Christ shall rise ... and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17. "We shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, ... and the dead shall be raised incorruptible. ... For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." 1 Corinthians 15:51-53.

"the dead in Christ shall rise" is talking about those sleeping in the grave.

this is not the pillow cloud imagery, but it is more beautiful- you will see your father and he will see you on the resurection day.

1. Maira818 profile image71
      Maira818posted 15 years agoin reply to this

amen to that big_smile

2. ionerice profile image61

The author of Revelation and Paul, who wrote Thessalonians,  thought that Yeshua was going to return during their lifetime and wasn’t referring to 2000 years later.  No one that laying in a cemetery is going to hear a trumpet, rise up out of the grave and float up to heaven.  And we must remember that Paul also stated that flesh and blood wouldn’t inherit the kingdom of God.   Dead people aren’t asleep, they are dead and dead things don’t come back to life.

Really?

why does the bible say so?
        "Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelation 22:12. "The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, ... and the dead in Christ shall rise ... and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17. "We shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, ... and the dead shall be raised incorruptible. ... For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." 1 Corinthians 15:51-53.

1. ionerice profile image61

In the very first chapter of Revelation the writer tells the churches in the Mediterranean that he was writing to them of things that were SHORTLY to come to pass.  And again shortly is mentioned at Revelation 22:6.

[And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.]

Apparently shortly and quickly must mean thousands of years because this nightmare was written two thousand years ago.

When Paul wrote his letter to the Thessalonians he actually believed that Yeshua was going to return during his lifetime.  That’s why he said “Then we that are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds”. Remember that Yeshua told his disciples that some of them would be alive and would see him returning on the clouds. 

Of course you believe the fundament literal view but that doesn’t make it true just because it’s written in the buybull.  If was only after he didn’t show up that one of the New Testament author decided to write “But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”

12. geminimoon profile image59
    geminimoonposted 15 years ago

My father died back in 2001 and I was grief stricken and depressed for months. One early morning he came to me in my dream to let me know he was ok. I hugged him and he smiled and never said a word and was all "a glow in white". He was in his 30's and healthy looking. As I was waking up from this visit I felt myself smiling and had such a content and warm feeling I just knew it had to be because of his visit. It was wonderful, maybe you will have a similar experience, if you haven't already and you will just know everything is ok.

In a comforting sense, I can see that such dreams may be nice. But if one believes scripture and what God says about it, it cannot be so.

13. sooner than later profile image60

I inform many people about this because it becomes very important to people who have killed another person- either in a car accident or whatever. They feel the dead haunt them, but this is because of guilt. It is very tragic for a life to be lost, but also tragic for a life of guilt.

My friend killed his younger brother in a camping tent because he left the stove on for heat and the fumes killed him. Just terrible guilt to the point of taking his own life.

1. Maira818 profile image71
      Maira818posted 15 years agoin reply to this

wow that is very tragic! it was an accident, he should not have taken his life.

14. Ronaldos profile image61
    Ronaldosposted 15 years ago

Easy ! You're dead !

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Who died and made you Darth Vader?smile

15. sooner than later profile image60

Finally there is this.

John

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

16. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 15 years ago

Your brain releases DMT and you trip balls.

17. in the light urns profile image59
    in the light urnsposted 15 years ago

2 trains of thought can help with this question

1. Nothing happens after you die because your body and mind no longer function.
    2. You have an eternal soul that will exist after your mortal death.

Don't worry about it. Just enjoy the HB sunsets.

18. Real Estate Lady profile image59
    Real Estate Ladyposted 15 years ago

I am even sorrier that your heartfelt thread has been hijacked. You poor guy. . .can't catch a break, can you?

Why don't you bible thumpers go away unless you have something to help this man with his pain? How selfish.

19. Real Estate Lady profile image59
    Real Estate Ladyposted 15 years ago

Alllllllrightey then

20. futurenetads profile image59
    futurenetadsposted 15 years ago

Most people in a Christian country would answer, "The good people go to Heaven and the bad people go to Hell."

21. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 15 years ago

1. pulmonary and coronanary functions cease
    2. doctor writes death certificate
    3. wife takes death certificate to insurance company
    4. wife travels the world wondering what took you so long to go

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol lol For me it worked all the way round ! big_smile

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You're the Man!

2. anime_nanet profile image59
        anime_nanetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Some things you shouldn't say/write, joke or no joke

1. profile image0

Ok, sorry sometimes I can be tacky, so how about this one? I don't remember it all but it goes something like this,'The worms crawl in, The worms crawl out.......'

22. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 15 years ago

When you really die nothing actually happens.So be cool n enjoy your life..believe me nothing happens....smile

ohhhh, I feel better. thanks.

1. andromida profile image56
        andromidaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

yeah sooner or later we all die.thanks friend.smile

2. profile image0
      ellie1142545posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, something does happen......And you'll know what it is, when it's time for you to go....

23. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 15 years ago

STOP!
    This person has just lost her father and is looking for comfort and reassurance. Most of you are either back on your religious beliefs soapbox, or talking about maggots and rotting bodies.
    Do you honestly think that will help?

Stop thinking about your own issues for a moment and respond to this post in an appropriate manner, which I am sure we all are capable of doing, with just a little dose of compassion.

24. profile image0
    ralwusposted 15 years ago

When most people die around here, they pickle them and shove them in the ground, or crypt. That is for most of them. I don't know where the rest of them go, must be someplace. Course they don't need to pickle me when I die, I'm prepickled.

25. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 15 years ago

Losing a parent at any age is a most devistating experience.  I lost my father January 3,1998, he died three months after being mugged, he spent 3 months in and out of a coma, paralyzed and a brain that had been reverted back to a 4 year old, even the look in his eyes was that of a child.  When the decision came to fill out DNR papers, my brother and I both knew his quality of life was gone and we were able to start our mourning, but the devastation I felt when the news came in that he passed, I felt as if I thought he had hope.
    I did have alot of questions after he died.  My dad hadn't always lead a perfect life and I had concerns if he was going to go to heaven.  My answer came from within my heart.  I loved my dad, he had many friends and family that were always by him and he was very loved by them.  He was loved and he made his peace with others through out his life and the most important, he loved and he cared about others.  He is in Heaven...I have no doubt.
    Butterflies...when I am talking about him with my brother or sister in law, a butterfly always comes around.  And when I talk to him and ask his advise or have a good cry, I feel him and get my answers, like an unexpected song on the radio or a piece of paper that makes a comment about him...something, there are always signs.
    Know your father is in good hands and he is around you, you loved him and he loved you, feel him, talk to him and look for signs he is always with you.  Peace

1. Tom Cornett profile image82
      Tom Cornettposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This was perfect.

26. Tom Cornett profile image82
    Tom Cornettposted 15 years ago

I believe that the spirit lives on and simply transfers to another realm.  I also believe the spirit can re-visit earth from time to time.  We are in kindergarten throughout this life and we simply enter the first grade through death.
    The body is dead but the spirit is conscious and continues eternal.

27. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 15 years ago

I am sorry for your loss.

Nobody really knows what happens when you die, of course, but many people believe that death is not so much an ending as a transformation. Simple physics has shown that matter can neither be created nor destroyed, so there IS a bit (a tiny bit) of science behind this thinking. Depending on people's personal beliefs, they do different things with this idea.

I personally think the body dies and the force that energizes the body goes back to its source.

1. profile image0

McDonalds?

28. cindyvine profile image81
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

I just believe that this can't be all there is, there has to be something more

29. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 15 years ago

You have my deepest sympathy and empathy on the loss of your father.

I'm not a believer in Heaven or Hell nor am I a fan of organized religion but I feel certain there's something more after our human existence. I experienced two very brief but unforgettable paranormal moments shortly after the deaths of my mother and favorite aunt. Those convinced me that death isn't the end of us -- and I'm a devout skeptic.

Anyway, Pgrundy pretty much summed up my thoughts. I believe our energy moves into a new form. What and where...I dunno.

30. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

No one will ever know=)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)