jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you know about Astral Travel? Is it a real experience or a dream?

1. Mmargie1966 profile image95
    Mmargie1966posted 6 years ago

What do you know about Astral Travel?  Is it a real experience or a dream?

2. Missing Link profile image80
    Missing Linkposted 6 years ago

I think it is real:  Here is a hub I wrote about an experience I had many years ago.

http://missing-link.hubpages.com/hub/As … thing-Else

Over the years, as I've read about the phenomenon from experts, I have learned that my experience fits perfectly with the way they describe it, etc.

3. Electro-Denizen profile image83
    Electro-Denizenposted 6 years ago

Since a child I used to travel at night. This continued, but less, later in life. A few years ago the alarm clock woke me up in the morning as usual, and I reached over to switch it off, but my hand went straight through it. Then I woke up. And managed to switch it off :-)  The quality of experiencing stuff while being out of the body is very different to the quality of a dream. It's a bit like anything in life, you can only understand it if you've experienced it.

The brain creates consciousness: one of those ludicrous modern scientific positions.

4. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I think there's a strong possibility it is real.  An example, I dreamed I was walking past my old childhood home (a place I hadn't been for years) and as I strolled by I noticed it was the most ugly shade of blue - not pretty or serene but bright screaming awful blue and I said no one would paint a home that ugly color I was just dreaming.  The dream was SO vivid though, I could smell the same smells, see everything in vivid color etc. 

I decided a week or so later to take a long drive over to where this home was and I gazed in horror as it was indeed painted that horrible color... ugh.  Why someone would do that to a beautiful lake front home - lol but anyway - yes this is only one example of when I have traveled smile

5. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 6 years ago

In most cases that i've read it seems like a conscious dream, where you can change things in the scene according to your preferences.

6. FIS profile image76
    FISposted 6 years ago

Your question makes the assumption that a dream is not real... and yet.. when you dream... something real happens. When you dream you think, feel, have sense perceptions and your body reacts as if something is happening. Dreams are real. They are just "different" than what you expect to experience while awake, they are none-the-less an experience.

7. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 6 years ago

I see astral travel as an altered state of consciousness that is real, just as waking consciousness and dream consciousness are real. I've had "out of body" experiences in the past, as well as being conscious when I'm dreaming (i.e., know it's a dream), and having dreams so vivid that I feel as if I'm awake until I actually wake up. Consciousness creates reality (i.e., consciousness precedes physical reality, including the brain) and there are different levels of reality that we can experience, many of them without the need for a physical body.