jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are we the human species, who are the dominators of this planet Earth domed to d

1. Nick's thoughts profile image60
    Nick's thoughtsposted 6 years ago

Are we the human species, who are the dominators of this planet Earth domed to destroy ourselves?

I grew up during the 50s and early 60s when the world often teetered on the edge of nuclear destruction.  As a young adult I never thought we would make it to the 21st century, but here we are.   However, I still question whether or not we as a species will be able to keep ourselves from destroying ourselves.  What are your thoughts?

2. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

Humans are never going to eradicate themselves. God would not allow us to destroy his creation. For the non believers, evolution is the survival of the fittest. Humans are the top of that food chain.

3. TeaPartyCrasher profile image71
    TeaPartyCrasherposted 6 years ago

If we do, it will likely be by some sort of "Eco-catastrophe" as opposed a nuclear holocaust.

4. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago

We were given dominion over the Earth
    Genesis 1:26
    And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

And there will be a new Earth

Revelation 21:1
    And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

But I think God will have his angels destroy it and man won't

5. rclinton5280 profile image78
    rclinton5280posted 6 years ago

Despite my faith, I am a firm believer that mankind is in the process of making planet earth uninhabitable for mammals. If we don't end up blowing it up with nukes, it will not matter. We are already slowly destroying the fragile balance that makes this planet able to sustain  life. God/Mother Nature (however you prefer) is good and kind, but our planet can not take but so much abuse. Earth is a living creature/object/thing, and even something as strong as a planet can get sick and die with enough poison. If society is allowed to continue to kill our planet at will, our children will likely watch the next ice age take hold of the earth. Our atmosphere will only hold so much carbon dioxide and greenhouse gasses before the sun light can no longer penetrate our atmosphere to reach the ground.

working