jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is it possible that our spirit is built with DNA of our ancestors' spirits?

1. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 6 years ago

Is it possible that our spirit is built with DNA of our ancestors' spirits?

Would this in turn explain why we experience those dejavu moments, say as a reflection of those ancestors' memory?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Very possible. Up to ten generations of stored memory in the DNA

3. samadaslam profile image61
    samadaslamposted 6 years ago

DNA is a material thing and soul is not. SO it is not possible

4. profile image0
    Charles Hiltonposted 6 years ago

There is what's known as genetic memory, which could help explain the sensation of deja vus. As for the spirit realm, it's anybody's guess. It's interesting to speculate, though.

5. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

It is my personal belief that we are continually adding to our spirits with each genetic link and that we are probably the product of many before us spiritually as well as our human traits of appearance, body's metabolic processes and all of the immune properties that we may have inherited. Although I would now be considered a serf or local yocal to my ancestors, I was supposed to be the genetically linked product of kings of early Europe, and have inherited the rascal's gouty condition passed on down to me over the ages. Why could they have not understood that you can't eat all of that meat and poultry without the greens and other healthy foods?My grandfather was a minister of the gospel for more than fifty years. Thank God he was here to clean up the act from those of the past.

6. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 6 years ago

I realize everything living in the world has their own DNA, that develops through the generations.  Even though the spirit can not be seen, I believe the spirit is a "living thing" as well.  Even gas, not seen by naked eye, has a DNA of sorts make-up.  Why not the spirit?  Just because you can not see it, does not mean there is no existance.  Look at the wind!

7. profile image0
    Linkusblessposted 6 years ago

The natural and the spiritual world never actually meet in any material way.  They are in different realms--the natural world is bound by space and time whereas the spiritual world is outside the space/time dimension.

8. mintinfo profile image75
    mintinfoposted 6 years ago

Soul and Spirit are two different things. Spirit is the abstract electromagnetic field produced by the passing of information through our brain cells. Soul is the living quality of matter. We experience dijavu when information is passed to our Souls  (brain cells) by way of our Spiritual connection to Pure Energy Waves. Everything that has ever happened on earth and in the known(space/time) Universe still exists in the abstract realm of the Dark Universe(outside of space/time).

It is important to mention that some people do not have a strong spiritual connection to Pure Energy because their Pineal Glands have become calcified.

9. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

I believe that since our "Spirit" is God created long before it is placed into any human form and since our "Spirit" is created in the "Likeness of God" that it is highly unlikely. DNA would only enter into the picture, once our "Spirit" is introduced to our host bodies.

10. Eugene Hardy profile image61
    Eugene Hardyposted 6 years ago

Biologically speaking, it would be easy for nature to do this.  It is why some animals can know what to do despite being separated from the parent.