jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)

If you could talk to God, what would you say?

1. Stickypony profile image75
    Stickyponyposted 5 years ago

If you could talk to God, what would you say?

2. JMcFarland profile image85
    JMcFarlandposted 5 years ago

I suppose it would depend on which god it was - but I'd most likely say something to the effect of "sorry I didn't think you existed, but now that i know you do - where in the world have you been, and why is there so much pain in this world?"

1. jlpark profile image85
      jlparkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

True true - I was going to say "well, this is a surprise! Hello!" Yours seemed more to the point!

3. cjpooja26 profile image62
    cjpooja26posted 5 years ago

I would say "Thank you God" for giving me best parents in the whole world.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I would ask him if I could stay with him eternally.

5. taburkett profile image61
    taburkettposted 5 years ago

Thanks - you have provided me with a great life.
    I promise to keep doing my part.

6. renegadetory profile image97
    renegadetoryposted 5 years ago

We do communicate with God the Father, indirectly through Jesus Christ His Son because He intercedes on our behalf and we can do this 24 hours a day!  I think that's pretty awesome.

7. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

Are you asking if God was in front of me in flesh and I could touch Him and talk to Him?  If so, I wouldn't say anything.  I would just hug Him and cry and never let go.

8. Missy Mac profile image82
    Missy Macposted 5 years ago

Great Question!  I would ask about the plans for the infinite universe. The possibility of future inhabitation and travel.  Sounds exciting.

9. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 5 years ago

My spirit communicate with him everyday.......and so do you, and every one that have the word "DESIRE" in the thoughts of their spirit. Prayer is not a ritual, nor a means to showboat and to get attention to ones self.
    Prayer is direct communication with the Almighty....to Satan or any symbolic figure in the world that one may worship or pray to.
    Prayer is in ones thoughts. When you make a wish. It is in our hopes and expectations of our intellect of choices in life.
    God is just a THOUGHT AWAY. Our celestial spirits was given a connection to God through the sacrifice of our lord Jesus Christ call the HOLY GHOST,or holy spirit, to have that spiritual ability.
    Also,  Satan have ears as well,and he hear every prayer that is prayed. That is how he manipulate the spirits of every thought that is made by the spirits of humankind. Satan is a supernatural spirit that is a part of all negativity of our existence. So be careful what you pray for.
    Inspirations come to our spirits from either God or Satan and we through the intellect of our celestial spirits react by choice to those inspirations.
    We are spirits within the body flesh, and God is a spirit, which give our spirits the ability to communicate spiritually with God.
    So you see, you communicate with Him without being aware of it.
    Prayer has been taken out of context by misinterpretation of the word prayer.
    One don't need to hold hands,or light candles, nor stand in front of a cross nor any other object in order to pray.
    So you are already there my friend......it is even in your thoughts,and whatever your desire is within those thoughts.....is your prayer.
    IT IS A SPIRITUAL CONNECTION.

10. ahorseback profile image77
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Without thinking much ,I would say "God ,isn't it about time to come back down and cleanse this joint "!

11. Brandon Tart profile image60
    Brandon Tartposted 5 years ago

I take the road of the school of thought that says that when we see God, we will be like God.

I talk to God daily internally and aloud, but if I could stand before God I would not have to ask or say anything to Him because I would know everything in that moment. 

At least that is the deduction I make from the "LIKE HIM" part.

However, based on what you are asking, I would say -- "Hey, God."

12. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

We talk with God everyday, all of us, with our habitual thinking, for the God part of us lies within the greater context of our own subconcious mind, that mind being COMMON TO US ALL.   A label for Humanity's part of it is:  the Collective Unconscious.  A label for ALL of it is::  Infinite Intelligence. 

Our souls 'think' us through our minds.  This 'thought' (which is probably not definable) becomes pictures or words in us via our brains.  We need a body to EXPERIENCE this Earth Plane.   

Body, mind and spirit.  Spirit comes first, then mind, then body, though all are equal up until the time the body can no longer contain the mind and spirit, at which time death results.

We don't die.  Our physicality gives out, gives up, can't hold the life in it any more.  However - and this is only a belief, of course, which is really only a configeration of thoughts held in the mind- we are a soul with a body (the soul being mind and spirit)  not a body with a soul.  The soul, that is, the mind's contents (which are not held in the brain as so many think) and the spirit are immortal.   The spirit part of us is the God part of us.   Always has been, always will be.   We communicate with the God part ourselves all the time.

So, as I said at the outset, we're all talking with God all the time.  Better be careful what we say, eh?    Or should I say, 'think?'   For it has been postulated almost ad neuseum that what we think about habitually we draw into our lives.

13. phillippeengel profile image79
    phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

I would ask God why I have to live in a result-orientated education system that warps my mind with its cram-school learning methodology with teachers that plan my life down to the tiniest detail. I would ask God why I had to go through the countless bouts of examinations and still end up with no job being offered.

14. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

If I meet God and speak with Him, I will ask Him for PEACE in the world and let us back into His Kingdom when our time is up on earth instead of reborn again.

15. Comrade Joe profile image87
    Comrade Joeposted 5 years ago

Why do you give children Aids, starve millions and inflict disease and disaster on innocent people?

16. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

Thank you for being there for me even in the times when I wondered if you could hear me. Thank you for your love and for carrying me and my family over the rough spots. And thank you for giving me the free will to make the stupid mistakes I have  made....

working