jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you see your pastor with another man(as with a woman)should you do what?

1. glmclendon profile image61
    glmclendonposted 6 years ago

If you see your pastor with another man(as with a  woman)should you do what?

2. chuckbl profile image81
    chuckblposted 6 years ago

Do nothing, respect that man's privacy. It is his choice who he is with and nothing to do with you.

3. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

Take the issue to the church elders & deacons.

4. Grime Remix profile image62
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

Realize I'm in no position nor authority to judge another human being.

5. mintinfo profile image74
    mintinfoposted 6 years ago

You should attempt to discuss the situation privately with your pastor. If he offers no religiously acceptable explanation then you should bring it to others of influence in the church. If someone is being hippocritical to their ideology they should be called out.

6. drbillfannin profile image60
    drbillfanninposted 6 years ago

Unless they are engaged in some sort of intimate contact, why should I assume anything? I've been "seen" with a lot of men and women. Some were even "known" gay people. I ask, "So what?" Does that mean I am doing something wrong? You may have even seen me hug someone. Is that a problem? I talk with all sorts of people who confide in me because I actually care to help people, not hurt them. This country has become so obsessed with sex and sin that everyone is presumed to be naughty or they are sex offenders. Are we that quick to judge people? Really? Yes we are! God help us all because He is the judge, not us. If I saw my pastor with someone else, I wouldn't assume anything, unless they were kissing, then I would still give him some slack. Of course, I would probably ask him myself what was up. Short of that, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

7. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

There are certain steps as outlined with the new testament which begins with discussing it face to face (with a witness) as to what what seen and what is or is not the truth. To accuse straight out is wrong, without knowing the whole story.

The last step if it persists and is truth is to take the situation before the church council or the church Synod for them to deal with it.