jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you keep from being seduced by the immoralities in society?

1. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

How do you keep from being seduced by the immoralities in society?

2. sandrabusby profile image85
    sandrabusbyposted 6 years ago

It's easier as you get older and know more about who you are and what you want, but for me the key is to stay busy doing those things you are passionate about.  That leaves little time for giving in to distraction.  Sandra Busby

3. Max Shelley profile image60
    Max Shelleyposted 6 years ago

Be true to yourself above all else. If you are true to your own morals it is not possible for media/society to influence you.

4. profile image56
    kdawsonposted 6 years ago

What do you consider immoral?  I considerate corporate greed and inhumanity to man to be immoral, but don't give any importance to sexual matters.  You have to decide where you stand and stick to it.  Be strong.  People are seduced because they want to be.

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

Know who you are and stay true to what you beleave! Dont let anyone guide you in the wrong direction. Keep a strong mind set and set boundries both for yourself and thoose around you.

6. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 6 years ago

Know who you are and what you stand for. Before making decisions, picture it being recorded permanently for all to see. If you wouldn't be proud of the decision or wouldn't want your children to do the same thing one day, don't do it. I would surround myself with people that I want to be like. Your peers are very influential.

7. AnonymouslyAmanda profile image60
    AnonymouslyAmandaposted 6 years ago

Know who you are and don't falter. Believe in a higher power and you can't go wrong.

8. profile image0
    dman15791posted 6 years ago

Unfortunately it is very difficult to not be seduced. There are a lot of things out there that are very appealing even though they may not be moral choices. I think the only answer that I can give that is honest is that you have to think about the consequences of these actions. If your upbringing was like mine your lucky. i was raised with strict morals and even though I hated them at the time I love my parents for instating these morals onto me. The other thing that i have going for me now that I am older is that I was blessed with a little girl who is turning nine this year. She is my other reason for not getting seduced by immoralities. I try to set a good example for her and I would be so embarrassed and disappointed in myself if I did something that would make her feel less of her daddy.