jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Are there multiple ways to God? Or one way?

1. ercramer36 profile image96
    ercramer36posted 5 years ago

Are there multiple ways to God?  Or one way?

Do all roads lead to God?  If yes, why?  If not,  why?

2. profile image0
    ctbrown7posted 5 years ago

If one believes that God is the God of truth, then there can only be one way.  Having diverse ways of approaching God creates a religious atmosphere that is confusing and chaotic.  God is a God of order, and I believe He wants people to recognize the truth without confusion.

3. Catzgendron profile image74
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

There is only one way to God, he is our truth, our light and our salvation.

4. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago

God is no further away from you than you are. There are many paths, but only one door. The risk in christianity is following a false teacher, for, we are told, there are many, for if the teacher is false, then our understanding is also false.

5. move2move profile image60
    move2moveposted 5 years ago

Well ... maybe there's no way to God as you eventually don't have to search for him/her/it, but rather have to become aware of what/who God is. If the answer was ...
    "God is present in everything and is everywhere" ...
    then my question would be:

"Why are you looking for a way to God
    when s/he/it is everywhere, even within you .. ?!"

Guess that asking the obvious questions is not much of people's strength but ...
    maybe that's part of the learning process, isn't it ;-)!
    When someone asks you to buy into just one way to God, then only because s/he wants to sell you something (a believe system, a club membership...etc..etc..) for what reason ever but has no answer to the actual question. That's how it always looks like at the end. Therefore, if you need a way to God, all way is good. But that isn't a guarantee that you will get where you want, especially when what you expect eventually has nothing to do with what you're after and that you need longer to get there than it needs to because you're easily distracted by stories you have been told and asked to blindly "Believe", with no mean what so ever to check if it's true or not ...
    That's the best way to be stuck somewhere in "No man's Land" without realizing it and eventually believing in something that is misleading by nature in a 1st place ..

6. profile image0
    erickcbposted 5 years ago

I agree with move2move. If God is within you, then it is up to the seeker to find it. No one else.

7. MisterH profile image59
    MisterHposted 5 years ago

It very much depends on whether you believe in God and practice a religion or not.  The three Abrahamic religions all preach that there is only one way to God: their way.  However, as a practicing atheist and humanist, it seems to me that all religions provide much the same service which is, essentially, a set of policies for living your life by.

8. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago

Through belief and acceptance of Jesus Christ. Jesus tells us: "I am the way,"

9. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

I get stuck on that one. I can't answer all the ? marks. My answer is probably gon'na be unacceptable. But, here goes. First, I do not claim to be Christian. A believer maybe, but based on my studies Hebrews 13:8 answers that question for 'me.' "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." That means to 'me' it is infinite, without the limitations of 'man' placed on it. In other words, whom am I to make that judgement.

10. profile image58
    Robertr04posted 5 years ago

Druid Dude, I really like that answer. That was all I was going to say because I thought that was enough. So I'll say it again. Ireally like that answer.

11. Peace2009 profile image61
    Peace2009posted 5 years ago

Jesus said I AM THE WAY AND THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE - NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.

working