jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are you an extrovert or an introvert? What gives you energy - people or solitutd

1. elayne001 profile image82
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

Are you an extrovert or an introvert? What gives you energy - people or solitutde?

2. sergs_pogi profile image56
    sergs_pogiposted 6 years ago

I consider myself an introvert. This may be a result of my upbringing. Yes, I want to stay alone and be with myself. I want to study and read a book instead of wasting time chatting with others for nonsense things. Yet it occurs to me that I want to go out and talk to friends time and again. I don't want lots of friends. I don't want to add new friends to my list of old friends. After my recovery from pleural effusion, I'm afraid to make friends, thinking I was alone (except for my family) when I was at the hospital for two months and the couple of months thereafter.

3. relawshe profile image71
    relawsheposted 6 years ago

When I was younger, I used to be an extrovert: always trying to get a laugh out of the group, always speaking up, and giving lots of advice.  In college I spent so many long, ardous hours studying alone, and needed to be by myself to study well.  So I learned to be very happy and productive by myself.  Since then, because of that, I am now more introverted and usually prefer to be alone, or with my husband.  I recognize the value of having a few very close friends, as opposed to many "friends" who don't know me very well.  So people used to give me energy, but now solitude does! 
    I also think it depends though, you know?  It depends on what kind of situation I'm in, who are the people involved and how well I know them, and what we're doing or talking about.

4. aguasilver profile image80
    aguasilverposted 6 years ago

I guess I am whatever you need me to be, or the situation demands.

On my own I am introvert, in a crowd I will possibly be extrovert, unless someone else has already taken the spot.

5. WannaB Writer profile image92
    WannaB Writerposted 6 years ago

Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? Read this to find out, and take our easy quizzes to see which label fits you best. read more

6. profile image0
    matama ellieposted 6 years ago

Somewhere in between.Give me a book most days and i am happy.Silence is sometimes very golden.In a situation where there is no one to break the ice,i take the bull by the horns and initiate conversions about something; anything.I really hate those awkward pauses.They are uncomfortable.So i can be anything depending on the situation but as i have grown older,i tend towards a bit of an extrovert.

7. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

I am an introvert by nature. I do act as an exrovert in job and social situations. A little greagarious with a little internal push, so to speak. My energy comes from certain people but generally speaking nature provides energy for me. With or without people. But, usually I am in solitude with nature. Sounds confusing, eh?

In other words I like being in my garden and I like visitors then too.

8. BeatsMe profile image66
    BeatsMeposted 6 years ago

I'm basically an introvert but from time to time, I do need the company of others.

9. Suzie ONeill profile image74
    Suzie ONeillposted 6 years ago

My answer to a question asked by elayne001: "Are you an extrovert or an introvert? What gives you energy-- people or solitude?" read more

working