jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you believe in karma, do you have proof of its existence?

1. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

If you believe in karma, do you have proof of its existence?

In other words, what life experiences have enabled you to believe in karma and why?

2. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

Whatever you may call it, I believe if you do evil unto others, evil will be done unto you. I don't want to give you an example in my life, as it would be glorifying myself for turning the other cheek while wrong was done against me. In short, you can't get away with murder.

3. profile image0
    mcals71posted 5 years ago

If by Karma you mean what goes around comes around, all you have to do is look at people like Saddam Hussein, Ben Laden and Moammar Gadhafi. They lived by "the sword" and died by "the sword." However if by Karma you mean reincarnation, I honestly don't know. I did notice that when the Pharisees sent some people to ask John the Baptist who he was, they were recycling some of the names of great Prophets from the Old Testament. Does it mean that they believed in reincarnation? And if so why would holy men such as the Prophets want to reincarnate? Another thing I noticed in the Gospels is that Jesus Himself said that John the Baptist was Elajiah, but then Elijiah appeared to Him during the Transfiguration, along with Moses, so surely He must have meant something else by that. One needs to know how people thought during the times of Jesus, as well the manner in which they communicated with each other. I know a lot always gets lost in translation. I personally am open to the possibility that some people may be given the choice to come back and try again. After all to God all is possible. I just hope I don't get to be one of them.

4. ibexground profile image60
    ibexgroundposted 5 years ago

I believe that we should have balance in life. There is always a cause and effect. Just my perspective of life.