jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is synchronicity?

1. Eugene Hardy profile image60
    Eugene Hardyposted 5 years ago

What is synchronicity?

Assuming that the phenomenon of synchronicity exist, what exactly is it?  Is it part of the fabric of space-time, or something else?

2. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

Don't make this more than it is.... "Synchronous" means that two (or more) events are happening at the same time....

One of the best examples I can think of is this:  Whilest operating a two-engine boat or plane....  as you adjust the speeds (RPMs) of the engines, there comes a point at which the "pitch" of both engines match each other... and there is only ONE pitch......   Any time the engine speeds (their "synchronization") are not just the same, there are cycling sounds made... which sounds are distinct as the two engines' speeds are brought closer together as they approach "synchronicity."

Hope this is an OK explanation.... and you weren't expecting us to tell you something about the fifth (and final) album by the rock group "The Police."

3. Eugene Hardy profile image60
    Eugene Hardyposted 5 years ago

No, this isn't about The Police, (but I did love that band.)

Your answer is fine too, and what i'm looking for are different takes on the phenomenon.

4. SarahandSophia profile image62
    SarahandSophiaposted 5 years ago

Synchronicity happens when little 'coincidences' happen in your life, when and how you desire or need them to.  A synchronicity is created when people, places or events are brought into our lives when we think about them, ask for them or wish for them. Lets look at a simple example. I am driving down the road and suddenly remember I need to buy a large pink and purple polka dot elephant for my niece. I have looked high and low but can't find one anywhere, even ebay. Then, right there at the corner, a guy is selling them. That is a very simple example of a synchronicity. Of course there are many larger ones as well. I always see a synchronicity as the Divine source, hearing our prayers and answering. It is the interconnectedness of all things. If we are open to them, we will see them around us all the time.

working