Do people want Jesus as their Savior but not their Lord?

1. MilesArmbruster profile image60
    MilesArmbrusterposted 5 years ago

Do people want Jesus as their Savior but not their Lord?

People like the idea of being saved. Maybe it is fear of the future, maybe they are just playing it safe. Do some people take advantage of the free gift of God and then not submit to God? Is it ok to take hold of the advantages of salvation without being obedient?

2. krillco profile image93
    krillcoposted 5 years ago

That is an interesting and astute question! I hear your implication: once saved, do folks work on sanctification of self and make fundamental changes in their lives to become more Christ-like? Some do, some don't. It reminds me of when Jesus said to the effect: 'When you get to the gates of heaven and cry Lord! Lord!, I will say I do non know you.'

3. Cherrietgee profile image78
    Cherrietgeeposted 5 years ago

Think of it in terms of parents and children. Parents love their children and provide for their basic needs, and they expect their children to obey them. Children definitely benefit from the love and provision of their parents, but some children would much rather do their own thing and seem to thrive on being disobedient and rebellious. Parents love disobedient children as much as they loves obedient children. The needs of both types of children are met. However, obedient children will more than likely be trusted with more responsibilities and possibly given great rewards, gifts and privileges, and disobedient children may be punished or have privileges revoked.

The way children treat their parents is the same way people treat God. Some are grateful for all He has done and live their lives in ways that point others to Him. Other take advantage of His grace and behave as spoiled, disobedient, rebellious children. I don't think it's okay to take advantage of salvation without being obedient any more it's okay for children to take advantage of their parents without being obedient.