jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How do you cope, if you desperately want something and you are not getting it.

1. lola oyedotun profile image81
    lola oyedotunposted 5 years ago

How do you cope, if you desperately want something and you are not getting it.

2. VisionInfinity profile image59
    VisionInfinityposted 5 years ago

Good question. Don't put there any thought that may stop you from getting it.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

Patience and perseverance. If you want something and you're not getting it, ask yourself why you're not getting it. Are you taking steps towards it? Are you setting wheels in motion so that it will come to you? Are you taking the initiative to make your own dreams come true? If you are, and it still won't come, you can either continue down that path, hoping for future success, or find a new path to follow.

4. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

1) Relax
    2) Enjoy something you already have
    3) Take real time and focus to feel grateful for things that you have
    4) Look at options. Think, "Why do I want this? Would something else serve?"
    5) Spend time in nature, or reading a book, or with friends, and enjoy life as it is.
    6) If all this fails, go to the ocean, or into the woods and dig a hole into the ground. Then scream and yell out all your frustration. If you're at the ocean, thank the ocean when you are done. If you're in the woods, bury your frustration then leave it behind. And take a gift from nature - the joy of being, without asking for anything.

5. Khal Blogo profile image61
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

If you're religious you pray, if you're an atheist you get drunk:)

6. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I always believe in working towards my goal. If I want something, I will plan to achieve it within certain targetted time.

I know that if I have my plan and work towards it, I will get it eventually based on my goal. It is learning how you organize yourself to attain your final goal.

7. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 5 years ago

I get pretty frustrated when that happens and if its been long enough already and I know I've done all I can, I try to move on.

8. tammybarnette profile image61
    tammybarnetteposted 5 years ago

Persevere, I have been fighting this battle for a long while now, but I will not give up, ever. I should say, as long as it is a healthy goal and does not hurt you or anyone else.

9. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

I am told that eating worms is very therapeutic.  Otherwise, evaluate what it is that you really want and set goals that will get you closer each day to being in a position to obtain what you want.  If it is a boy or significant other you are coveting then all bets are off..

10. suzanno profile image73
    suzannoposted 5 years ago

1. take a deep breath , relax
    2. think ,do you actually need it?
    3. ask, why you need it
    4. think, what if you could get some thing much better?
    5.dream about it
    6. if your dreams are that powerful enough , you might actually get it someday.smile

11. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 5 years ago

I think the best answer to your question is contingent upon what it is that you are desperately seeking.