jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Respect for life - what are your thoughts?

1. ALL4JESUS profile image78
    ALL4JESUSposted 6 years ago

Respect for life - what are your thoughts?

“I believe in you and me. I'm like Albert Schweitzer and Bertrand Russell and Albert Einstein in that I have a respect for life--in any form. I believe in nature, in the birds, the sea, the sky, in everything I can see or that there is real evidence for. If these things are what you mean by God, then I believe in God.”

Frank Sinatra quotes (American Actor and Singer, 1915-1998)

2. glmclendon profile image59
    glmclendonposted 6 years ago

Remember, Christ came that we would have life and have it aplenty. I believe in life.  One can not love life without loving God. I like to wake in the morning and give God; the author and finsher of the faith.

I want to do nothing to my body that will hurt me.

3. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

I respect myself in order to give respect to others.

I learn the value lesson of respect. Once I am able to respect myself. I will then know the importance of giving respect to others. Sometimes, respect is earned from your good deeds.

I offer help whenever necessary according to the situation. It is always filled with great joy when you can help someone and achieving to do so. Their happiness will soon invade your joy in celebration.

All these aids given throughout my life have earned respect from people around me.

4. OneFineG467 profile image61
    OneFineG467posted 6 years ago

Respect life and Life will respect u back in return..

5. Sushma Webber profile image83
    Sushma Webberposted 6 years ago

O Hidden Life, Vibrant in Every Atom
    O Hidden Light, Shining in Every Creature
    O Hidden Love, Embracing All in Oneness
    May Each Who Feels Himself as One With Thee
    Know He is Therefore One with Every Other.

These are the original words written by Annie Besant in 1920. It is the Universal Invocation to the One of which everything is a part, both animate and inanimate.

If we could realize and recognize the truth of Oneness and Unity of All Life then we would live in such way as to respect all that exists.

6. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Because God is the giver of life, all life should be respected for what it is and the purpose that it serves.

working