jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

If Jesus was preaching today,would we listen or would we consider him a rabblero

1. baygirl33 profile image60
    baygirl33posted 5 years ago

If Jesus was preaching today,would we listen or would we consider him a rabblerouser?

2. profile image0
    Dr Cilposted 5 years ago

Of course I would listen.  He is the one who created the heavens and the earth and every living thing.  He is my leader and my guide.  I put my trust in him and only him.  How can you say you love him yet would not listen to him.  Anyone who would consider Jesus a rabblerouser doesn't have the love of Jesus in them.  He holds all power of life and death in his hands.

1. sholland10 profile image93
      sholland10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love Him with all my heart and soul, but I think the world would reject Him today just as they did then.

2. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amen, sister!

3. sholland10 profile image93
    sholland10posted 5 years ago

He would definitely be a rabblerouser, just like He was before.  I think we can see that in the way many people do not want to listen to Christians today.  Sad, because they are missing some good stuff. :-)  Of course, there are some who do say things in the name of the Lord that make the rest look bad.  Those who judge and are harsh and unyielding and forget what the true mission is.

1. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh that is so true....it is very unfortunate that there are some professing Christians that make Christianity look bad, but Jesus said to follow Him, not professing Christians.

4. glmclendon profile image60
    glmclendonposted 5 years ago

There are many that would llisten,  others would call Him a troubemaker;  and He might end ulp the same way as before.l

5. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

I see no reason to believe that people would respond any differently today than they did two thousand years ago. That's one thing I find interesting about the Bible - all the examples of human nature and the way people respond, which has been consistent and somewhat predictable over time. I think we would see the same personalities play out the scenes just as they did two thousand years ago. I see no reason people would listen to Jesus any differently today than they did two thousand years ago. We would no no better than the people of long ago, and perhaps even be less receptive because of our advances in technology and the wide acceptance of secular humanism.

6. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

Would you listen if he told you that your form of Christianity was a perversion of the original.  Is there any Christian who could stand such a thing when there are so many forms of Christianity.  He preached one way.  There are many now.  Who would be willing to throw the dice and hope they landed on their personal numbers?  His parting comment was to "be ye therefore perfect...."  Who even preaches such a thing?  If he went through a given church with a cat of nine tales as he did be fore and chased everyone out would you love him then or just hope that this meant that your church was cool?  If he made comments about certain sects as he did then, could you bare it?  Yes his miracles would draw attention but the analysis of the press... what would they say and would it affect how we saw him?

7. Vegas Elias profile image28
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Very few people like me would listen to Jesus if at all he comes and starts preaching today.

Today the people are least bothered about life hereafter.

But I feel Jesus is well informed and if at all he chooses to come and preach he would definitely choose to conduct a weekly show on T.V. including content which the current generation likes. Why not? Jesus did visit the bars and brothels in Jerusalem to preach to the sinners.

I feel Jesus will not give a opportunity to anyone to consider him a rabblerouser.

1. baygirl33 profile image60
      baygirl33posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks everyone.While we all believe,we know who we are and what our government would tend to do in the same position. They were threatened and got him out of the way.
      Sad but true.

8. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago

In a heartbeat, I would listen to every word. The son of God, who wouldn't?

9. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

In Judea, it was impossible to separate church and state, so to speak. Herod and the priesthood were just different faces of the same politicotheocratic establishment. Jesus was apolitical, attacking no one in power, yet His message was considered revolutionary because it was genuinely reformist of Temple practice. He was judicially murdered by an occupying imperial power pandering to a rabble roused by the provincial state. He did not rouse it.

Today, a movement led by such a figure in America would be infiltrated by federal agents and eventually destroyed by police action. Its leader were he to remain undiminished in his effect regardless of such suppressive action would be killed off book. He would not be executed by order of a court because his case would never make it to court.

Essentially, then, there is little difference between then and now. Those who pose a threat to the establishment are dealt with. So it has been in all societies, throughout history.

10. nihar2 profile image60
    nihar2posted 5 years ago

He was the source and he will be. Will definitely hear, even if it would be for a few seconds or be it several hours.

11. ALL4JESUS profile image79
    ALL4JESUSposted 5 years ago

I live for his second coming and to hear his words of wisdom.

Only those with an open heart will be able to hear.

12. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

He would be seen as a rabble-rouser, like the people of Palestine saw him then. It took a long time before people saw He was divine, he began preaching and preforming miracle not long before he was put to death, and then rose again. No one knew this lone Jew was the Son of the Lord, so I don't think anyone would immediately recognize him as divine today, either.

working