jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why is your religion the right one?

1. TheLifeExperiment profile image59
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

Why is your religion the right one?

I've asked questions like this before- again, I don't want bible verses or anything. Why do you think your religion is ideal? Do you think everyone should adopt it? Why? What do your basic beliefs consist of?

2. Nights Dream profile image61
    Nights Dreamposted 5 years ago

You asked an excellent question! One I have asked people in the past few years. I don't believe in organized religion. I don't claim what I believe is "the right religion or belief system".

My beliefs include: respect life and nature. Violence has only one purpose, self-defense. Emotions like hate and revenge are a part of it. They should be used to push yourself harder and farther in life and as a person. "Evil can be used for good and good for evil." Life and the universe are a balance between opposing forces, constantly at war but needing each other to survive. I believe in a higher power, not one "god or goddess".

I do not believe that everyone should adopt what I believe. What works for me, might not work for someone else. I have formed these beliefs over 41 years. They have helped me through the worst times in my life.

I hope this answered your questions, even though it may be in contradiction.

3. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

I am a Christian, and do not consider myself to be "religious." He first loved me, so now am I am able to love others.  To be like Christ, is to be the hands and feet of Jesus, loving others, caring for others, being kind to others, having compassion for others, praying for others, and understanding their pain and not judging, as we have all fallen short.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

4. Sold Out to Jesus profile image60
    Sold Out to Jesusposted 5 years ago

I just love Jesus. If I love everyone and let His light shine through me, If I can just be His mouthpiece, and if i can tell them about His grace and mercy that was shed on the cross for all. Thats my religion. Its only for the ones who want it, but open to all.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

My religion (or lack of it) is the right one for me. I don't think that everyone can be agnostic/atheist, because most people need that one thing that they can have faith in. I get that, and wish I could have that faith. I do not, however, see any point in treating someone badly because they believe differently than I do. Your life is yours, and I expect that same respect in return.

I just try to live my life by doing what's right for me and for the people I care about. Though I am a non-believing heathen, the Ten Commandments are a good place to start. Just because I don't believe doesn't mean that I can't appreciate wisdom when I hear it.

6. glmclendon profile image59
    glmclendonposted 5 years ago

I. serve a God of love and peace. a living Savior. A God of second chance. The God I serve said come unto me. He is about the bisness of giving peace, love, and comfort.

7. SidKemp profile image93
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

My religion isn't the right one. Even for me, my religion grows deeper and richer every day. I am a Zen practitioner, Buddhist minister, and Christian teacher in the tradition of A Course in Miracles. I am a person, and I have seven billion brothers and sisters walking the Way (the Torah, the Truth, the Tao, the Word) with me, whether they know it or not.

8. Sparklea profile image74
    Sparkleaposted 5 years ago

I don't have a religion.  I am a Christian.  Period.  I don't like to be referred to as "religious"...even though I walked that path years ago. 

I had a relationship with religion rather than with Jesus Christ...made ALOT of mistakes, worked SO HARD for my salvation!  Made a fool of myself.  Now I just let His Light shine through me instead of doing, doing, doing.  I give God the blank page of each new day and I ask Him to guide me intuitively moment by moment. 

Blessings, Sparklea smile

9. profile image0
    eric-d-agustinposted 5 years ago

Bro Eli Soriano's teachings are solely from the Bible - from the Lord Jesus Christ and God the (Only) Father.