Married under multiple religions?

1. ALL4JESUS profile image78
    ALL4JESUSposted 5 years ago

Married under multiple religions?

Mandela was married under four religions? Can you name them? Was any other famous world leader multi-religious? Also, is there a term for this?

2. Man from Modesto profile image84
    Man from Modestoposted 5 years ago

The term is "ignorance", or more specifically, "spiritually ignorant". Two people are married by their own words of commitment, not by the power of any religion.

Perhaps Mandela's move was political.

However, each religion has its own spirits. Participating in one opens doors for those spirits to enter in.

There is no need for approval from the state, or from any denomination, or from any pastor, minister, or priest, to marry. Gather friends and family and have a ceremony; make it public. But, don't file with the government... they pretend to themselves that you're filing with them is a tacit acknowledgement of their superiority and their laws. One of those laws says that the "marriage" constitutes formation of a corporation, and that ALL product of this marriage-corporation belongs to them. This includes children. Court cases have been lost by parents suing schools' requirements because the state showed that the children actually belong to the state, and parents are just hired caregivers (hence the deduction per child on tax returns... that is your "pay", mom and dad.)

3. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I can only answer part of this question. Other world leaders who embraced more than one religion include Gandhi, who, near the end of his life said, "I am a Hindu. I am a Muslim. I am a Christian. I am a Jew." Gandhi also acknowledged that both the Bhagavad Gita (Hindu Scripture) and the life of Jesus were strong influences on him.

Martin Luther King, Jr., though specifically a Christian, was guided by Gandhi's non-violence.

One of the great Native American spiritual medicine men, I believe it might have been Chief Seattle, said that he "added" Christianity, rather than converted to it.

And, of course Jesus and all his early followers were Jewish - Christians only came later. And Buddha was born in a Hindu world and never declared a separate religion called "Buddhism."