jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

In India Hinduism is Under Threat.?

1. skgrao profile image70
    skgraoposted 8 years ago

In India Hinduism is Under Threat.?

Destroy Hindus &Temples of all Religions except Churches and Mosques,5 States are under Chief Ministers who are Christians,Sonia Gandhi who is a shadow Pri Minister is a christian.

2. profile image50
    idealsposted 8 years ago

NO i don't think so.it's all in once beleif you can have any religion you want to adapt as long as you remain a good human being.
    Advaitic concepts into practical modes of self-realisation through spiritual education, compassion and peaceful co-existence of humanity, whilst promoting social equality and universal brotherhood.

3. bayareagreatthing profile image67
    bayareagreatthingposted 8 years ago

Actually, I think that there has been a lot of flux in many faiths in India from what my Indian friends have told me.  Christianity was originally a primary religion in India as Saint Thomas went there with the gospel in early Christian history. Asia is seeing a rebirth of Christianity.

I also have heard there is a great deal of persecution of Christians in places like Orissa...things like killing and torture for their faith.  I believe that Hinduism, Christianity, and Islam will always be side by side as major religions in the world.  As each religion claims to love peace, we should see this lived out in all who make the proclamation.

The thing we never want to see is any state sanctioned religion as there was during the crusades where force was the mode of faith.  We need to practice a peaceful existence, even when we don't share the same faith.

4. profile image0
    saurabhpandeposted 8 years ago

Absolutely not. India will always be 'HINDU'S STHAN'[Hindu's Place]. We all know that there are quite a few people who are forcing the people in some states of India to change their religion.This cruelty must be stopped.People of India should gather in large number and protest against this inhumanity. Social communities like RSS are working for this. Government should also intervene heavily in such matters.

5. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

Hinduism can never be under threat because it embraces all religion and the humanity instead of confining with one religious community. The ethics of Hindu religion is wide. According to Hinduism the basic ideals of all religions are same only the approach is different. Those who preach true Hinduism; they can not disregard any people of any other religion. The nature of human being is same and hence the goal of all religion is same leading to love, honesty, brotherhood and peace among the human beings of the Universe. True Hindus can not think to destroy any shrine of any other religion.If anything happen, then it is under vested interest and not under ethics of religion.

6. spirituality profile image60
    spiritualityposted 8 years ago

Just because there are people of other religions in politics, does not mean Hinduism is under threat. It's still the largest religion in India isn't it? It's also, btw, one of the hardest religions to define.

Those 'Thomas Christians' Bayareagreatthing talked about for instance: they were merged into the local version of Hinduism. People worshipping at the church, but also at the temple.

7. affishv profile image72
    affishvposted 8 years ago

This is like saying - In America, christianity is at threat, because people of other religions are growing in number.

Closed to reply

working