jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

This year is 2012, do you think the world will END? If so, how, when, and why?

1. ultimate kenneth profile image60
    ultimate kennethposted 5 years ago

This year is 2012, do you think  the world will END? If so, how, when, and why?

2. swordsbane profile image60
    swordsbaneposted 5 years ago

December 22, 2012 is... coincidentally, immediately after the general election for the President of the United States.  How and when do YOU think it will happen?

Seriously, no.. I do not think that the world will end this year.  There is no compelling reason to think it will, including the Mayan prediction which is not a "prediction" at all.  It is simply the point at which their calendar runs out.  You buy a calendar from the store and it has this year, last year and next year in it, but no one thinks that because it doesn't have 2014 in it, the world has to end at that point.

So I got nothing.  No one has come up with a valid reason why the world will end in 2012, so I don't believe it any more than I believe there is a mutant sheep orbiting the Earth that is immune to cold and negative pressure and doesn't need oxygen to breathe.  End of story.

1. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mutant sheep? Where did that come from?

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Well I answered this question before and it created a firestorm of hate speech directed at Christians with a Biblical perspective, and if my memory serves me well, you are looking for anything other than a Biblical perspective for an answer here. However, knowing full well that my answer will likely be voted down by non-believers I will answer your question anyway according to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I do not believe the world will end because the Mayans et al predicted it would. "But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (Matthew 24:36) However, I do believe that we are on the threshold of the end of the world as we know it and it happens to be a coincidence that the Mayans and other cultures point to a end of the world this year.

The economy is a bubble about to burst. Israel has become a nation and this generation that is living now is the generation according to Biblical prophecy that will see the end of times.

The world situation is ripe for the introduction of a one world government and religion, led by a world leader as prophesied in the Bible.

There is no prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled before Bible-believing Christians are raptured out of here. We possess the technology and instability at this time for there to be a rationalization of the disappearance that will satisfy the masses.

The number and intensity of natural disasters is increasing and everything is set for the final wars described in the Bible. Look at the mideast and Israel. The mideast is a ticking bomb, about to go off.

The world is in crisis and ready for a world leader to come to center stage. Look out for "peace and security." "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14, KJV)

4. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

I know a few Obama lemmings who think it will end if he loses his reelection race. Other than that, no, I can't say I think it will, nor that I know anyone who does.

5. AM Hanson profile image76
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

No, it will not.  The idea that 2012 is the end of the world is a relatively modern notion.  The Mayan calendar just predicts the end of one cycle and the beginning of another.  They had a calendar for the cycle before and probably would have had one for the cycle after if they hadn't been destroyed.  Which brings up another point: if they could predict the end of the world, why couldn't they predict the end of their civilization? lol but in all seriousness, I sincerely doubt the world will end this year.

6. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

No, it will not be in 2012 but some other years later if we do not prevent it from happening.

Looking at how we are exhausting the earth resources and not do much to help reducing the effect of natural disasters created by us humans. It will come an end to this world if we do not co-operate to prevent its destruction.

7. Vegas Elias profile image29
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

No I firmly believe that the world will not end in December 2012 or any other date soon later. The world has survived great natural tribulations before and will continue to do so; This is because the earth is one of many such unique creations of the Supreme Soul who knows how to take care and protect his works.

Even if the worst things as predicted do happen deaths and destruction may happen but world will definitely not come to an end. Given the fact that death is certain one day or the other to each one of us, such things as mass deaths due to natural calamities need not be given so much importance. Moreover history tells us that nature has killed lesser humans that humans themselves have done.

So we have to just relax and be prepared with a positive mental attitude; not necessarily fatalistic but with our best preparations to face the ultimate.

If I definitely know that world is going to end in a given number of days the only thing I myself would do is plan to enjoy each of those days in the best possible manner.