Are We At The End Of Times

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (52 posts)
  1. topshelf profile image61
    topshelfposted 14 years ago

I love to read the book Revelation in the Bible, and I couldn't help realize the similiarities between the Bible and todays world. I do know we are living in dark times, but I didn't realize how dark until I came across a few disturbing things on the web. The VMA awards for instance. What was up with Lady Gaga's outfit, and the props she used. Than Jack Black asked "Dear Dark Lord Satan" to bless the rock star nominees with "continued success in the music industry." All around the awards was wierd, and MTV is changing into an evil television channel, and so many young people watch this channe. Then we're in a war, that seems like it will never end. So many people are dying. Also there's a rise in Masons/Satanism and they're recruiting so many people that don't even know they're being recruited. And there's so much more. To me, our future doesn't look bright at all.

1. profile image0
      Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you continue with posts like this, you're future doesn't look too bright either. 

smile smile smile smile

topshelfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks, but trust my future is going to be bright. smilesmile

2. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Even in the Bible its not the end of anything but the beginning of something better so why worry, live your life try to do right things and let God worry about the end.

3. chambersgirl21 profile image61
      chambersgirl21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are exactly right. Take a look at illuminati in the mainstream music industry on you tube, that is scary. We are definitly living in the end times. Unfortunately there are not many people who believe this.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And the reason they do not believe it is because it is not believable!
        More literal biblical nonsense! lol

2. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Yes we are!  but we have a couple of years for it to get worse before it breaks.

1. sarahamos91 profile image60
      sarahamos91posted 14 years agoin reply to this

How on earth does anyone 'know' when the end of the earth is? Sure, you might believe its going to end at a certain time, but we don't know anything for sure.

More to the point, why would we want to know? I personally don't want to know when I'm going to die. Death constantly hovering over your subconscious - nice. We all want to deal with that.

3. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I think using the MTV awards as a basis for the future of mankind is a stretch. I see a lot of good in "young people". Instead of questioning the brightness of our future, why not do something to make it better?

1. hoodieweather profile image60
      hoodieweatherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quoted for truth.

1. profile image0
        AnnaFaithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Throughout history, different groups or sects of people have been convinced that they were living in the last days. This is nothing new.

During the Black Death when one-third of the population of Europe died, the belief that they were in the midst of the last days was very prevalent. This was in the mid-1300s, and we are still here.

Somewhere in the New Testament Jesus says words to the effect that only the Father knows when the end of the world will be.

I think we should take each day as it comes, live it to the best of our ability, and not worry about the future...or absence of the future.

2. topshelf profile image61

I feel you on that one. I do believe there are a lot of good young people out there.

4. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

We have been at the end of time according to religion, since the beginning of time!
    There must be hundreds if not thousands of dates for the end so far, starting a very long time ago! lol

1. sooner than later profile image62
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree, but now we have enough weapons to make the surface of our planet melt.

True. I was sorry that my son and daughter grew up in this era of nuclear weapons.
        Nothing has ever changed about mankind at one level, we are still primitive and still have the brain remnant to prove it! smile

5. Marcus D Mays profile image60
    Marcus D Maysposted 14 years ago

We are not at the end of time, time will not end it will continue. When you hear about the end of time when it comes to GOD, what you are hearing is the end of this system of things. Look at it this way, remember President Bush when he was leaving office and President-elect Obama was getting ready to step in; what you have is the devil running the world governments behind the scene and GOD's government is getting ready to come into power. Instead of giving up this power the devil and his angels will fight to hold on.

6. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Each of us are at the end of our times.  Our human life spans are merely a speck in the grand scheme.  We don't know when our personal "time" will end - might be tonight, tomorrow or 40 years from now. So I believe your answer is yes!  The similiarities have always been and will always be, people all through the ages have found the comparisons.  Sorry, it's nothing new...

7. earnestshub profile image81

I must have lived longer than I thought, I have seen at least a dozen "ends" so far! lol

8. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

No need to worry about it...nothing we can do about it.

9. manlypoetryman profile image77
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

One things for sure...we get closer to "The End of Time" with every passing day! With that thought in mind..."Have a Good Day!"

10. worldgrandeur profile image57
    worldgrandeurposted 14 years ago

We are unfortunately at the brim!

11. Jerami profile image59

Just woke up in the middle of the night.Read this and have a dumb  question.  End of time? That could have several meanings.
      We know what end means,that is pretty simple.
    Is "time" something that we have. Can we live and be aware out side of TIME? When we are out of time; is that kinda like being out of coffee?
        What does "There will be time no more" mean?
        I have never read that there will be nothing any more.
        Is there going to be something but we have no more time?

12. earnestshub profile image81

Looks like what America did to Baghdad!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff86/thetrapp53/2902.jpg
    the end of the world!

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aw earnest you're at it again nyahahaha... nice pix with you here hehehe...

2. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah, that's just Fireworks night in the UK! (they celebrate the defeat of the Guy Fawkes attempt to blow up Parliament tonight)

13. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Why is it that the book of Revelation, clearly the most deranged piece of garbage in the whole bible, has so much appeal? Let it go. It's not even good literature!

and that is the truth of it. What a pile of vile rubbish!

14. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

Revelation is a book of prophesy that we are in fact living through.......  but it is up to us to believe, i am sure god will not force us to, it's there if you want it, leave it if you don't simple as that

1. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is the rantings of a xenophobic, sexist psychopath. There is plenty of good stuff in the bible. But these days too many people seem to be drawn into the garbage that is Revelation.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
        Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Self fulfilling though? These guys are so upset that people do not believe their crap - they seem determined to bring "end times" about just to show us that it really is true.

The fear and desperation levels from these believers in jesus is rising to fever pitch.

Pleeze believe what I believe!! Pleeze!!!!!

2. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It must be 'the end of times' syndrome . lol

Something like! But there's a more charitable explanation. Revelation is the last book in the bible and therefore the one most likely to be quoted by people with a poor Short Term Memory.

It's like switching off the radio - only to find yourself whistling the last song it played.

I vote we reorder the bible with Proverbs or Song of Solomon in last place. It would enhance world understanding smile

1. aka-dj profile image65
            aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or put it in the front, seeing as so many start to read the Bible from page 1, as they would normal books.
            It still doesn't change the overall content.

15. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

Okay, I believe. What's next?

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
      Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

See that guy over there?

He believes differently to us.

Go persuade him to believe what we believe. wink

16. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

I'm an evangelist at heart. It's just that I can't live up to the standard!

17. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

Anyone can predict the end of the world you know why? Because the world is going to end some day, it's like predicting that I'll have gray hair when I get old, it doesn't take a prophet to know that=)

Yea, but what if you become bald instead???? lol

1. topgunjager profile image60
        topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it won't be all the way bald but it's still gonna be gray=)

What if (God forbid) you die before you get to that point in life?
          Not much of a prophecy. hmm

the point is everything is going to end, so it's not really a prediction to say that the world is going to the end when it obviously will, thanks for you comments by the way, it shows how much smarter you are than me, I'm sure you get laid a lot=)

Be cool dude. Just having a bit of fun.
              The "trick" in prophecy is not that it will all end, as you say, but what will happen, how where, with whom etc. The only thing that is not definite (to our knowledge) is the timing.
              One thing is certain, we are one day closer than yesterday. big_smile

i am being cool, that's why i'm reminding you  that since you're a lot older than me, you should be smarter, not a smart ash, and yeah, I had fun too=)

18. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

Actually, there is almost as much (if not more) end times prophecy in the OT, as there is in the book of Revelation.
    So, if you discount TB of Revelation, you still haven't done away with the  theme.

I know there is, but it is Revelation that most of the current prophets of doom reach for first.

1. chambersgirl21 profile image61
        chambersgirl21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is not a prophecy of doom it is a prophecy of salvation.

19. Jerami profile image59

Understanding the prophesy of Daniel and Revelation is kinda like knowing there is a hurricane out in the gulf of Mexico. Knowing that it is coming, you can either prepare and hunker down till it passes or go inland till it passes.
       We interpret what the weatherman said, but that doesn't change what is about to happen. Would ya want to know if a tornado is going to hit your house; so you can get out of it?

There is going to be fulfillment of prophesy.
       There is not going to be an end of the world.   
       An end of the way that it is;  As we know it?   Certainly

20. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Are we at the end of times?

No!

21. Jerami profile image59

Are we in the end of time  NO
       Are we coming to the fulfillment of Bible prophesy?

YES    What that means ??
         After it is all said and done. suposed to be a good thing.

22. Jo Woodward profile image62
    Jo Woodwardposted 14 years ago

Have you only just noticed the whole Satan is supposedly the god of Rock n Roll thing?
    Where have you been for the last 40 years?
    Here's a few names you might like to reference; Alice Cooper, KISS,Ozzie Osbourne & Black Sabbath.

How many of your todays are you going to waste worrying about what might happen tomorrow?

I'm not even close to 40, and i don't listen to rock so.....
      and i'm not wasting my time. Everybody is worrying about what's going on today, when we need to be worrying about our afterlife... and if the the world was to end tomorrow, which it won't, and you haven't been "saved" (ask Jesus to be your Savior) than it will be too late!

23. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Yes! Get your guns and your ammo and all the beef jerky you can carry and run for the hills! Run!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)