jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should the contraception mandate create an argument over contraception or religi

1. Steve Orion profile image79
    Steve Orionposted 5 years ago

Should the contraception mandate create an argument over contraception or religious freedom?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6684654_f260.jpg

2. A Thousand Words profile image80
    A Thousand Wordsposted 5 years ago

Americans are so quick to get offended and flustered about nothing. He's not forcing anyone to use contraception. He is mandating that religious organizations offer contraception. If people don't want to use contraception, they don't have to... You can bet your bottom dollar, however, that there are people that are part of those religious institutions who would very much benefit from such a mandate. God, people are ridiculous. No wonder there's no real honesty in this country. Everybody's walking on eggshells.

3. Steve Orion profile image79
    Steve Orionposted 5 years ago

I agree, A Thousand Words, but would place even further emphasis on the fact that it is rather absurd to make it an argument about religion, even more than it is to make it about contraception (which is pretty absurd, to begin).

4. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

None of us have the right to ignore the law based upon our own convictions or personal religious beliefs. I, for instance, can not refuse to pay taxes, despite the fact that my government is using that money to commit mass murder.

Religious freedom is not a free pass to do anything you please. If secular institutions are being run by religious people or organizations than they have to follow the secular law, not their own biblical law. If they can not perform their duties due to a conflict of interest than they should not be working there or running that organization.

If people want to be ruled by religious law, they need to move to the Vatican.

working