Do you know any of your own past lives?

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (95 posts)
  1. Violet Flame profile image65
    Violet Flameposted 13 years ago

Do you have past life memories/ recalls either through meditation, dreams, regression...etc?

I have had a few past life dreams and a few from regression. How do you know it's for real?

Thank you for any comments, insight, technique or past lives sharing.... xoxo

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Youv'e had no past lives. The bible is true when it says "man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment", Hebrews 9:27.

So called past life memories are therefore the product of vivid imaginations or deceptions.

1. profile image54
        (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just like religions. smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
          Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol
          Nice one.

There is more in the universe than what we presently perceive and comprehend. However, imagination can be a good excuse for saying a lot of things exist that perhaps don't. Until we experience it all for ourselves, I don't think we can know.

The jury is out on religion and on past lives for me.

2. the pink umbrella profile image74
        the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you know, you christians are always telling the non believer about how they need to stay off of the religeous forums, because they just some here to disagree, and the first thing you say to this person is that they have no past lives. You nuts crack me up. "ooo the bible says" stuff a sock in it.

1. profile image50
          rainelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God Bless you

2. profile image0
      UniquelyJenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why this thread is not taken more seriously is beyond me. Yes, I have seen visions I cannot explain from my last life. i even recieved a time period-1903. I was in the desert in arizona. I saw myself as a young indian woman lying on the ground, dying. I saw clear visions of an indian chief on a horse with clouds in the sky above him. He did not say anything, he just looked at me, and went on his way as I was dying. Before that vision, I had a terrible vision. I felt terrifed for no reason at all, and saw myself running. i saw the bottom of my legs wearing indian clothes running for my life, like I was scared of something. I was truly afraid and realized I was reliving a memory, because I sure did not know where the terror was coming from.

1. profile image0
        sandieganlizposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's amazing!!! I don't think I've had a dream that vivid! I've only had a dream of being on white sand. I dreamt it twice!

3. BaseBallHubber profile image60
      BaseBallHubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope, because I live only one life. Same with the rest of you. Don't fool yourselves and others into believing anything else then what you KNOW.

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Lord hath Taught us All... From Creation, to after, The Day.

Thus, we know, all there Is ... But those who do not understand this Truth, call it their Previous Life's experiences !

5. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There has been no life before this life; hence there are no memories of that; it is just superstition to believe that there was any life before the present one.

6. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Reckon I have to explain my above stated in other words ...

The concept of having lived a life in the Past ,is based in Ignorance.
      It is based in Ignorance of The Truth, that like our "Genetic-Map" we also "inherit" our "Ancestral Memories" !

At Dawn of the 21st century, Science is still in Process of deciphering the Physical Genome;  years from Knowing, that abstract "Memories" are also a part of our "Inheritance's Make up"

Humans and Animals ... In Truth, all Existent Forms, including the Inorganic Subatomic Particles and Atoms, "Inherit" the "ancestral" Mind ...

But since Science cannot explain the phenomenon, Scientists call it ...
      The "Evolution of  Instinct" in animals, over a millions of years long period of time.

Science has no clue, as to why the Atomic and Molecular Structures, follow some very Definite Rules !

Thus, within the idea, that one must have lived a Life in the Past ... also known as the "Deja Vu" experience, manifest in "familiarity of objects, places and persons ... it is presumed, that we have lived in the Past ... !

What you dreamt my friend ... is a part, thus, dreaming within, your "Inherited Memory" ... !

Shamans and Psychologists ... have differing Semantics and Approaches ... in their attempts to "Recall" the "Inherited Memories" ...

shahidbukhari.hubpages.com

2. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Oh yes, I have several past life memories. In one, I was Alexander the Great wining the persian campaign, then in another one I was Hannibal Barca crossing the alps with elephants. In my third life, I was Napoleon & Duke of wellington at the same time, I call it a Combo smile

How do I know its real?

Well I have never met these guys & never read their stories, then how come I knw these stories roll

1. profile image0
      sandieganlizposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Uh-oh, we better watch out for you!!!

3. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

They just found my tomb today - Archaeologists have discovered the 3,300-year-old tomb of the ancient Egyptian capital's mayor, whose resting place had been lost under the desert sand since 19th century treasure hunters first carted off some of its decorative wall panels, officials announced today. smile

1. Rishy Rich profile image72
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You Imposter! ...Thats my Tomb, I shall curse u all for disturbing my old body   mad

4. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Oh in my first life, I think I was Buddha & I thought I had achieved Nirvana, but u see im still stuck in this cycle of Maya, so I guess meditation didnt work & I must have messed it up somewhere roll

5. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

huh.... past life? This life is hard work enough without us trying to sort out another one, don't you think? wink

Life is suffering, u must escape this cycle...thats what I told everyone when I was Buddha, but who cares? neutral

1. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile yes, we are a forgetful lot, aren't we.....? you must reincarnate and try harder this time!

Sorry honey, I have changed my style. The new style says Nirvana comes faster when u have money & fame with u. U see I have learned from my past mistakes & forced to upgrade in this life big_smile

6. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Yes, I used to be a worm and a clown by the name of coco and I also think that I was Jesus in a past life too, because I had a beard!

1. myownworld profile image73

I just knew it! yikes big_smile

1. waynet profile image70
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes it's true, don't be telling anyone about the Jesus past life though, because they'd only get jealous of all the free wine and making fish out of bread and all that jazz!

Great, I was looking for u man...Can u tell me, Who was ur Dad? neutral

Lucifer I think??

Damn, dat means Christians r worshiping Satan for last 2000 yrs. So thats why theres so many conflict bcoz of religions! God really is wonderful smile

Harrykrishna!

2. myownworld profile image73

yikes oh jesus! you're going to hell for sure this time!

(ok running away, before they curse me in this life and I come back as toilet brush in the next!!)

At least it's warm down there!!

Always chilly in the clouds!

7. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Aah I remember,i think i was neighbor of cheryl cole  neutral
    wait, there's more let me try to remember...

8. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

There has been a lot of serious study into past lives, and Dr Ian Stevenson did years of research and case studies on children who remembered past lives, especially children in India, that are very persuasive.

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/in … tystudies/

In hypnotherapy, past life regression often has great benefits for clients, whether or not they believe in past lives.  It may be that they cannot deal with a deep-seated problem such as a phobia as 'themselves', but can address and heal the issue in the guise of another persona.  As in most things, it is the healing and improvement in the life of the client that is the most important thing

1. Violet Flame profile image65
      Violet Flameposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi CMHypno,

Thank you for the great imformation!!

I  have read most of the books by Dr Michael Newton, Ph.D. on his real life case studies of our spiritual life between lives. I've found them excellent learning!

9. webcash1964 profile image61
    webcash1964posted 13 years ago

I don't know about my personal past lives, but I do have a fear of hallways. Now, I'm also fascinated with Egyptian history. I believe, and I've no proof, that I may have been one of the servants to the gentry and I was buried in the tomb to serve him/her in the afterlife.

This may be a crazy notion, but I know people who have fears they have found were based on past lives.

10. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

I had a past life, I was actually quite evil for 41 years, then I died and was born again, so here I am an 18 year old believer in a 59 year old body, just waiting to collect a new set of clothes!

John

11. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Yes, I do, in fact we keep in contact now and again, although my past life is starting to smell our house out, it is fun talking to him, even from a coffin box.....

He's doing well by the way, just a little case of rotting skin and such, but he's giving me some advice on how to build a business....oh wait he's speaking now! what's that? Beans on toast...er ok!

12. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Do we realy know this one???
    What is that about another one?????

13. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Violet Flame,
    Unfortunately, there are many people who have nothing to do but to make fun of this subject. Past life regression is not necessary unless there is a major fear or fobia that gets in the way of you having a normal life. Many of these fears are triggered by an event that took place in a past life. Sometimes it is related to the way you died, but not always. Bryan Weiss' book "Many Lives, Many Masters" is a must have if you are interested in knowing more about this. People who have fears and discover the past life events that led to it, begin to overcome their fobias. Another way of knowing if your visions are truly related to a past life or not, is to look for familiar people. Ask those that you feel have had a connection with you in a past life to do the regression as well and to write down their visions on paper. See if they correlate. I've done this exercise and I've found many friends and family members, and they have found me as well. Good luck!

14. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

I've never been regressed but I seem to have 'a memory' that isn't mine.  When I was a child, I used to have a recurring nightmare which scarred the hell out of me and worried my parents.  They started when I was very young but came to a head when I was four.  I dreamed that I was running in a blasted landscape, at night, with loads of coils of barbed wire blocking my way.  Then I was machine-gunned down.  Oh and I was a man.  We didn't own a telly so it wasn't a film that had entered my subconscious. The thing that really upset my dad was the fact I was shot in the back.  Now of course, I realise the significance of this- I was probably deserting.  Later, when I saw film footage of the 1st world war, I recognised my dream.  I have no rational explanation.

15. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I keep dreaming I'm a pirate captain of my own ship. I have shoulder-length black hair, and I'm an ugly man. Prolly why I love the sea so much now!

16. ilovehoroscopes profile image61
    ilovehoroscopesposted 13 years ago

When I had my regression, one of my past lives was that of a gypsy.

17. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 13 years ago

Sixty thousand years ago I was the poorest tribesmen in an African village...The only job I could get was as an apprentice Lion Bait-er.I enjoyed being an apprentice bait-er but I had much more fun when I became a Master.....Hmmm...maby that's where it came from...they say past lives effect the present...

18. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Haha

Some great comments on this thread, have to say that I call bullshit on the whole past life thing though.

People who go in search of past lives are the people who are generally least satisfied with their current life.

1. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps it's because you've not experienced one yourself?  Often people don't 'go searching' at all, they happen spontaneously. 

It's true that some experiences in regression are not of past lives, and some are so lucid it's unmistakable.

Regardless, the story telling is fabulous smile

2. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thisisoli I remember you! I lent you a hundred dollars in 1920. You died shortly after and never paid me back. So... I'm still waiting for it! big_smile

Darn, I was hoping you'd forgotten. Catch me if you can! lol
        And if you think you're getting interest forget it! lol

1. profile image0

big_smile

19. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

If I knew that in my past life I was a Queen of Sheba or some sort of royalty I would be really upset with what I got now because I probably blew someone off then.

20. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I was the guy who invented moccasins.

Thankyou so much for inventing moccasins.  I wear them all the time.  Without you my tootsies would get cold in winter. smile

21. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 13 years ago

Not sure if Violet Flame is still coming back to the thread she started.  In all seriousness I have experienced several past lives.  One in particular has been a catalyst for clarity in this life.  Past lives are 'useful' for clarity in transformation work.  You often can't escape experiencing snippets of past life flashes doing so. 

Nevertheless, getting caught up in being Cleopatra or Nero or some famous person is really fodder for mind games.  It's not so much the life, but what you are being shown in that life that helps you in this one.  All that really matters is where you are NOW.

But it is entertaining!

22. aefrancisco profile image59
    aefranciscoposted 13 years ago

how i wish i had a  same experience ...

23. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I like to think I started this life with a brand new soul, that grew as I have grown, as the result of who I am in this life - but maybe that's just me.  If I come back, though...   Well, I plan to come back as turtle.  They live a long time and have a nice, simple, life from what I can tell.

1. profile image0

Ah, turtles... my favorite animal!

24. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

I remember my life from the 1800's the Indian burial mound is there to this day...I checked and its there.

Teri

25. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

My past life was a T-rex. You can see me here for the price of a small admission. smile

http://i.usatoday.net/tech/_photos/2007/04/12/trex472.jpg

1. profile image0

You haven't changed much, Beely!  big_smile xoxoxo

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only slightly, I eat more greens, now. smile

1. profile image0

I like what you did with the facial hair too... Very modern! big_smile

1. luvpassion profile image62
            luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Laugh if you will you...you smirker you. Your gettin smaller all the time T-rex Human... and then insect   wink

1. Beelzedad profile image58
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Darn! And, here all along, I was hoping to be a platypus first. I love the notions of people trying to explain that one from the perspective of Creationism. smile

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/jorge242/sweets/platypus.jpg

1. luvpassion profile image62
                luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He's so cute!

(((hugs)))

smile

2. profile image0

Hate to break to you Beelzedad, but that's an ugly otter with a Spanish Flamenco castanet stuck in its mouth. My grandfather (a Spanish Gypsy) tried to train one of those as replacement of the ever familiar traveling circus goat... it was a bad idea all along! wink

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
                  Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rubbish. Everyone know where platipi/platypusses? come from.

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/duckbill1-480x328.jpg

26. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I was a cantaloupe in the 1430s

1. profile image0

Congratulations on evolving from fruit to marble... your value per pound has raised for sure! big_smile

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

in 1760, I was Martha Washington's girdle..

until George ripped me off her body with those %@%@% wooden teeth of his after a couple of drinks

1. profile image0

Had he not ripped you apart, you would be hanging from a museum somewhere with a tag. You were destined to be part of a museum collection that is why you reincarnated as a marble bust. hmm sigh...

oh i had many other lives after that...

I was a first generation vibrator at the Kinsey Institute...

http://www.earth-wikipedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/fc5e5f34d924625d251f14e6.jpg

I didn't give too much pleasure... but I got 50 miles per gallon

1. profile image0

Well, at least you had one thing going for you back then! big_smile xoxoxo

27. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Nope.

28. ilovehoroscopes profile image61
    ilovehoroscopesposted 13 years ago

Some paranormal books say that Jesus Christ is the reincarnation of Allah, Buddha, Gandhi etc. This is the only way He can achieve perfection.

1. profile image0

I never heard that one before, but all of them were Masters of the Spiritual Plane that came to inspire people and lead by example.
      But I thought Allah was God? Please explain. I'm confused now.

29. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

My husband and I have Karma togeher from a past life, it's why we are together in this one. We have unfinished business from another time.

30. Greek One profile image63

I was also once a hat maker who made General Custer this snazzy looking number.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/union-generals/custer/pictures/custer.jpg

1. profile image0

Do you still posess the skill to make those? I can get you a gig making strange hats for Lady GAGA. wink

that was WAY back in the day

31. Greek One profile image63

One of the lives I hated the most was when I was a live-in human bidet at the court of King Louis IV

http://www.culture24.org.uk/asset_arena/0/02/26200/v0_master.jpg

1. profile image0

You could probably make yourself rich doing that now! wink

got me through college

1. profile image0

What did they call you? The Fountain of Peirene? wink

Old Unfaithful

1. profile image0

LOL

32. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I have always been a cat.  I was once head cat to Cleopatra - she called me puzzy!

33. profile image0
    BunuBobuposted 13 years ago

In my past life I was a Vietnamese Prostitute. 
    I died when I was b!tch slapped too hard by my pimp because I refused to work on Sundays unless I was paid double.

I learned my lesson!

34. dingdondingdon profile image59
    dingdondingdonposted 13 years ago

In my past life I was a debt collector. You owe me money.

35. wilsontom profile image59
    wilsontomposted 13 years ago

i don't know about my own past life.

36. davidkaluge profile image56
    davidkalugeposted 13 years ago

There are some things we may not explain but I recommend that humanity read my book, “It is time we truly know why Jesus wept at that grave of Lazarus” by N. K. David. Published by author house and it is available worldwide online stores. You do not know what you do not believe in, so while some claim of a past life others may not understand it, if it is true.

1. profile image0
      BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you giving it away for free?

1. davidkaluge profile image56
        davidkalugeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is on stores for sale. thanks

1. profile image0
          BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too broke guess  I will just wait until I can torrent it.
          Thanks smile

37. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

I think it is only a Hindu concept that man has been changing from different animals because of the deed or misdeeds; but it is not a truthful concept.

38. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Nobody knows for sure; it is not based on any scientific experience or on Word of Revelation from the Creator-God.

I think it is only a Hindu concept that man has been changing from different animals because of the deed or misdeeds; but it is not a truthful concept.

39. superwags profile image65
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

I was the Maharaja of Sunderland. I had 10,000 peasant girls and a turban. It was awesome.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)