jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What is your strategy for memorizing bible verses?

1. Ellana317 profile image79
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

What is your strategy for memorizing bible verses?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6786283_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Going over them again and again. Studying I suppose you could say. I love the word!!

1. Ellana317 profile image79
      Ellana317posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense.  I've found that writing them down works better for me.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That makes even better sense!! smile

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

For me, memorizing is done best by reading it out loud, over and over again.

4. honeybee2u profile image60
    honeybee2uposted 5 years ago

I memorize the verse by meditating on it and saying it over and over again until it sinks in.  It helps when I write the Scripture verse on a stick-on pad and place it on a place where I can see it often and refer to it.

5. joymk profile image71
    joymkposted 5 years ago

I usually write them down but I try to hang them up too, for example in front of the sink where I do dishes. Works for me :-)

6. Janellegems profile image65
    Janellegemsposted 5 years ago

Write down bible verses on index cards, but do it based on certain topics.  like a stash of index cards with bible verses on marriage, strength, broken heart, faith, hope and so on.  Keep it close to you.

7. Alison Hans profile image63
    Alison Hansposted 3 years ago

With the majority of the population being visual learners, myself included, I draw out each word as a picture. Picture associations create a stronger connection to recall, the crazier the drawing the better the recall.
    The act of drawing out the words (similar for each verse) helps with memorization in and of itself. If a word doesn't lend itself to a picture draw it in your own "font". Don't worry if you aren't an artist, that never stopped you from playing Pictionary. Study the picture verse and then close your eyes and read it in your mind's eye. If you don't want to draw out your own pictures check out this site which does it for you. http://www.memoryicons.com

working