jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think that the religions in the world have failed to achieve their goals?

1. abo ajoba profile image59
    abo ajobaposted 5 years ago

Do you think that the religions in the world have failed to achieve their goals?

Do you agree that, since the beginning of mankind, all the religions in the world have failed to achieve the goal of eradication of the evil nature prevailed in mankind?

2. dahoglund profile image81
    dahoglundposted 5 years ago

No I do not believe it is the goal of religion to eradicate the evil nature mentioned.Mankind is fallen, not evil, if you read Genesis. Religion can not change what is. The goal of religion, I believe, is to help mankind to recognize God and to accept the good that we were created for.l

abo ajobaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Is it possible to recognize God unless you recognize and try to control evils in ourselves.
      Thanks for the answer.

3. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

I do not think that it is th religion that has fail in any respect, I think that the parctice of the people who claim they are following the religion needs to be analyzed.  Religion is like a hammer, you could use it to build or destroy.  How the hammer is used is up to the user, do not blame the hammer if it is used for the wrong reason.

Best wishes

Thanks for good answer.

4. Ellana317 profile image78
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

I don't believe that religions have a goal of eradicating evil.  I assume that God will do that when He's ready.  What the people of God should be doing is loving God first then everyone else, caring for the poor and disabled with great compassion, and introducing others to the incredible God that we serve.  We'll never be able to eradicate evil because all of us our capable of it.  We ought to make it our business to lives lives that silently witness to others, making them want to know about this God that we serve, and leave their evil deeds behind.  At the end of the day, it is a choice that every person must make on their own.   

Also, we must remember that there is a difference between being religous and having a relationship with God.  Those who have relationships see past the folly and politics involved in religion and remain in the vineyard to accomplish the will of God.

5. Craig Suits profile image78
    Craig Suitsposted 5 years ago

On the contrary. As far back as history records, 95% of all wars were fought because of opposing religions. There is nothing, zero, nada, zip, and squat about anyone's religion that can be proven to be the truth as far back as you wish to research. Yet we maintain, our God and his doctrin is the true god and constantly quote ancient texts written when people didn't even know there was a western hemisphere and dinosaures ruled the planet for 160 million years.
    How can we be that gullable when especially we've sent an easy billion of our chilfdren to war only to get killed on the battle filed defending our beliefs of the times.
    Now we have weapons that can kill all of humanity in a few days. Do we stop the geniscide? Nope! We just have more children and send them off to be blown to bits. STUPID!

You have pointed out that 95% of all wars were fought for opposing religions. So it can be said that in the absence of religions the mankind would have been more peaceful.
      Thanks for answering my question.

6. cherriquinn profile image78
    cherriquinnposted 5 years ago

I believe that all religions advocate the same message in the end ie love,respect, kindness etc. However, I feel it is mankind who chooses how to interpret these mesages that leads to the evil in the world, not the religion itself.

working