jump to last post 1-33 of 33 discussions (113 posts)

Have you read the whole Bible?

  1. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 7 years ago

    Have you read the whole Bible, not a cursory read but with an intention to grasp its intended meaning ( Doesn't matter whether you understood them all or not)

    1. Jerami profile image74
      Jeramiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

         I have and I believe that everyone should. How can we say that we believe in it if we haven't read all of it.
         The so in so begets so in so are boring but the time sequencing  is of some importance but not as much at first.
      Time lines are important in understanding no matter what the subject matter. 
         I believe that not understanding "Time lines" is the reason for most of the misunderstandings of scripture.
          Nothing can be properly understood when looking at it through tunnel vision.

    2. Evolution Guy profile image60
      Evolution Guyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Yeah.

      If ever there was a great argument for atheism it is the bible. I don't see how anyone can read it and not come to the conclusion that there is no god. Unless they already are close minded enough to have decided there is. sad

      The meaning is clear and I fail to see how the religionists come to the conclusion that there is a god.

      Bet they already knew there was a god before they read it. What do you think?

      1. Jerami profile image74
        Jeramiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

           There are many excuses for argueing against anything that is misunderstood.

        1. Evolution Guy profile image60
          Evolution Guyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          Yes - We agree for once. If you have read and understood the Bible - any fool can see it is not written by a god. Nor is it inspired by one. In fact - it is proof positive that religion and the idea of god is a political tool to subjugate the sheeple. The very idea of an external god should be discarded when one has read and understood the bible. No question.

          It is also a great road map of the mind as understood by bronze age peasants with limited scientific understanding of their world.

          1. Marisa Wright profile image94
            Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

            I haven't read the whole Bible myself, but my husband has. When he started reading it, he was a devout born-again Christian with a mission to better understand his God. By the end, he was an atheist.  He said no one with any intelligence could take such a book as the Word of God.

            1. Jerami profile image74
              Jeramiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                 Maybe just maybe when he was reading scripture he did not put down hundreds of years of false interpretation that has been commonly taught.  To read scripture with a clean slate, reading as if you had never learned someone else's interpretations as to what  THEY said was true;  Then and only then does it even fit in to any logical format. 
                  If a person can do that( read with a clean slate concerning interpretation) it will then be understandable

              1. Cagsil profile image59
                Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                Even you can't do that, because the text is out of context to begin with. Purposely done so that you would have to assume facts not in evidence yet.

                Hence, a leap of faith. How ever, that faith isn't to be placed in a mythical god- it is to be placed in yourself.

                Get with the program.

            2. Jerami profile image74
              Jeramiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                 Maybe just maybe when he was reading scripture he did not put down hundreds of years of false interpretation that has been commonly taught.  To read scripture with a clean slate, reading as if you had never learned someone else's interpretations as to what  THEY said was true;  Then and only then does it even fit in to any logical format. 
                  If a person can do that( read with a clean slate concerning interpretation) it will then be understandable

            3. Jerami profile image74
              Jeramiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                 Maybe just maybe when he was reading scripture he did not put down hundreds of years of false interpretation that has been commonly taught.  To read scripture with a clean slate, reading as if you had never learned someone else's interpretations as to what  THEY said was true;  Then and only then does it even fit in to any logical format. 
                  If a person can do that( read with a clean slate concerning interpretation) it will then be understandable

            4. Cagsil profile image59
              Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

              lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

              You get a GOLD STAR!

              Well said!

            5. profile image0
              sandra rinckposted 7 years agoin reply to this

              lol, sounds about right. big_smile

            6. fatfist profile image75
              fatfistposted 7 years agoin reply to this

              What actually happened to your husband when he read the whole book was: the devil came and swapped out of his brain what he originally read, with what the devil "wanted" him to read. So really, he has no basis for his atheism.

              1. Cagsil profile image59
                Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                There is NO basis for any religion whatsoever.

    3. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Yes, which one? lol

    4. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      I've read the catholic bible 3 times. Then did additional studies of religious times(history) and text.

    5. Lady_E profile image83
      Lady_Eposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      I haven't read through the whole of Revelation. I don't really understand it yet - the Creatures etc. I wonder if anyone else understands the Book of Revelation.

      1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        Well I am pretty content with being vomited out of gods mouth!  Sure beats being burned alive for eternity and hanging out on cloud nine with a bunch of people who hate me here and now. big_smile lol

        1. Lady_E profile image83
          Lady_Eposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          I don't think anyone hates you Sandra...

        2. Bibowen profile image90
          Bibowenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          "Vomited out of gods mouth"....Elegant.

      2. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        I understand that you really don't need to understand it.

        Religion is man made to make people answer to a higher power.

        Understand some basics:

        (1) You are human being who evolved consciousness, a conscience and a sub-conscious, and can form thoughts, then if need perform actions. You can even realize a purpose for your life.

        (2) To become one with yourself- you are to love yourself(everything about your existence), you must be honest with yourself and in dealings with others, and you are to protect your existence, also for others.

        This is the meaning of life- THINK FOR YOURSELF and CONTROL Your own existence. Why? Because it is within your power to do so and if you don't then you go against your own nature of man or woman.

        Doesn't get any more simpler.

    6. tksensei profile image61
      tksenseiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      A bunch of times.

    7. pylos26 profile image77
      pylos26posted 7 years agoin reply to this


      Nope…haven’t read the thing…scanned through it a few times and on all occasions  realized it was written by corrupt bias priesthood for power and profit to the church.

      The damned thing is so poorly written and transparent that it quickly becomes boredomville…if one wishes to read mythology why waste time on king james’ rubbish?

      Read some classical Greek or Roman mythology by Homer, Ovid and others…then one can quote mythology rather than retarded scripture. pylos

    8. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 7 years agoin reply to this

      I have.  Read the King James version twice, cover to cover, in a bit more than a year's time (not a cursory read either time)...and then came across the spiritual path I'd been seeking, which was not Christianity.

    9. shamelabboush profile image66
      shamelabboushposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Yes indeed I have (though I am not a Christian)...

      1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        Just curious, what did you take away from it?

  2. UPStar profile image61
    UPStarposted 7 years ago

    I have read it many times. It is my hope and encouragement for life every single day. I love the Bible!

  3. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

    I have read the Bible twice and the Torah once.

  4. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

    " All the while Ad·o·ni´jah the son of Hag´gith was lifting himself up, saying: “I myself am going to rule as king!” And he proceeded to have a chariot made for himself with horsemen and fifty men running before him. 6 And his father did not hurt his feelings at any time by saying: “Why is this the way you have done?” And he was also very good-looking in form, and [his mother] had borne him after Ab´sa·lom. 7 And he came to have dealings with Jo´ab the son of Ze·ru´iah and with A·bi´a·thar the priest, and they began offering help as followers of Ad·o·ni´jah. 8 As for Za´dok the priest and Be·nai´ah the son of Je·hoi´a·da and Nathan the prophet and Shim´e·i and Re´i and the mighty men that belonged to David, they did not become involved with Ad·o·ni´jah."

    I read the section above today and learned a lot.

  5. Daddy Paul profile image55
    Daddy Paulposted 7 years ago

    Have I read the whole Bible? I doubt it?
    Is there a God? For sure!
    I’m I going to heaven? Don’t know that is his decision not mine!

  6. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

    Here is another section which had a profound impact on me

    And Ner begat Kish, and Kish begat Saul, and Saul begat Jonathan, and Malchishua, and Abinadab, [7] and Eshbaal. 34 And the son of Jonathan was Meribbaal; [8] and Meribbaal begat Micah. 35 And the sons of Micah were, Pithon, and Melech, and Tarea, [9] and Ahaz. 36 And Ahaz begat Jehoadah; [10] and Jehoadah begat Alemeth, and Azmaveth, and Zimri; and Zimri begat Moza, 37 And Moza begat Binea: Rapha [11] was his son, Eleasah his son, Azel his son: 38 And Azel had six sons, whose names are these, Azrikam, Bocheru, and Ishmael, and Sheariah, and Obadiah, and Hanan. All these were the sons of Azel. 39 And the sons of Eshek his brother were, Ulam his firstborn, Jehush the second, and Eliphelet the third. 40 And the sons of Ulam were mighty men of valour, archers, and had many sons, and sons' sons, an hundred and fifty. All these are of the sons of Benjamin.

    1. Amanda Severn profile image91
      Amanda Severnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      I like your thinking Will. I read the Bible as a teenager, and came to the conclusion that much of it was completely indigestible. A bit like eating a nut with the shell on.

      1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        I think its hard not to get a lot from the New Testament whether you are a believer or not but lets face it- most of the Old Testament is a history of the trials and tribulation of an ancient race and what they made of it all. Thinking has moved on a little, luckily.

        1. Amanda Severn profile image91
          Amanda Severnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          There's some great stories in the Bible, and I have no big issue with it. I went to Sunday school as a child, and I have enormous respect for the Love Thy Neighbour and Good Samaritan philosophy. I think there should be a lot more of it around. I just worry that a lot of rules and regulations have been dreamed up by many modern day Christians which are based on the lifestyles of very ancient peoples.

          1. UPStar profile image61
            UPStarposted 7 years agoin reply to this

            What's weird... and here is why I unashamedly love Gods word: i just today I was reading in the book of John and underlined this verse from chapter 5: (Jesus is talking to the jews who were doubting him)"His voice you have never heard his form you have never seen, and you do not have his word abiding in you for you do not believe the one he has sent!"
            So Evolution guy is right when he says that reading the Bible when you already have chosen to believe causes the Word  to make sense!
            Before I truly turned my life over to God, I read the bible many times and it was like eating straw. blah! But when I quit running from God and chose instead to believe and follow Him, suddenly the Bible came alive!!

            1. Evolution Guy profile image60
              Evolution Guyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

              Interesting how you can agree with me and belittle what I said without addressing it.

              Very well done. You must be a real christian.

              So - if you love god's word - how come you appear to be such a condescending hypocrite?

              But thanks - yes - once you have actually understood it - it is clear that your invisible super being does not exist. smile

              It just seems to be an excuse for christians to claim the moral high ground. Fancy "turning your life over to god" and coming across as the sort of person you do.  What a shame.

              Does go some way to persuading me that I am right to conclude there is no god though.

              Thanks. smile

              1. UPStar profile image61
                UPStarposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                I didn't mean to be condenscending. I just had to agree with you... to understand the Bible you have to first decide there is a God. It's sorta a point I hate to agree on, but it just so happens it is true.
                Jesus told the pharisees: "You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." (John 5)
                Its not about following rules, or being perfect to get to heaven. It's about acknowleging there is a God, and that we need forgiveness. If a person can't do that, they can't find Him in scripture. Its kinda weird, but it's the way it is.

                1. Evolution Guy profile image60
                  Evolution Guyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                  Rubbish.

                  If you understand the bible - there cannot be a god.

                  Simple really - all you have to do is approach it with an open mind...........

                  1. profile image0
                    sandra rinckposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                    Yip but Christianity will teach that if a person reads the Bible and comes to understand that this god does not exist, then they never had the holy spirit and they have been deceived by Satan and you are not a child of god.

                    I will agree with the last part.  I am not a child of god.  I am a 'child' of life. big_smile

  7. TimTurner profile image71
    TimTurnerposted 7 years ago

    Never read the full bible.  I even went to a Baptist school and we had to read it every day.  But they don't read it front to back.  It's always scripture here and there.

    1. Amanda Severn profile image91
      Amanda Severnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      If you read it front to back, you'd have to wade through great chunks of boring bits. That's why those teaching the Bible like to be selective. It's a bit like edited highlights, and of course those highlights will reflect the interests and agenda of the person teaching it.

  8. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

    I think the world would be a better place if folks who do believe that the bible is the word of God would in fact read it cover to cover.

    Repeatedly

    Silently

    In their own homes

    And keep their "knowledge" to themselves.

  9. Brian Leighton profile image69
    Brian Leightonposted 7 years ago

    No I have not read the whole bible.

  10. Ivorwen profile image77
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

    Several times.

  11. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 7 years ago

    I've read it through several times and continually study it still. I have seen the reasoning behind every argument for and against and understand the controversies. First I am amazed at how many Christians focus on and quote the OT, when it really has little to do with their present faith, outside of some family lines and prophetic readings by some prophets. Beyond that its the history of the Hebrew people, and much of its teachings do come into conflict with Christs message and contradict them.

    Second I am even more amazed at how few people I meet that have read anything from the NT other then John 3:16. There are literally whole books in the NT filled with more meaningful and eloquent passages that sum up God's love. There are plenty of passages that condemn most of the judgmental condescension displayed on these very forums that are never quoted. I wonder why.

    Third my Christian friends you do understand that there is more to the NT then Revelations and The Gospel of John right? Ever read James, or Ephesians? How about Galatians, and Hebrews? I read many posts on here from believers who have obviously never taken the time to internalize the many thousands of words on what it means to live as a Christian, not just talk about it. Just an observation, and I could be wrong.

    1. aguasilver profile image87
      aguasilverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      NO I don't think you are wrong, most Christians don't read their bible in any depth or seek to understand what Christ was saying.  I love Ephesians, especially where Christ instructs us that the whole reason for being is to bring others to the 'fullness of Christ', which is a tall order indeed, but He did say we would do these things and more, so keep on trying.

      I found that when I did spend time (months) ploughing through the OT sections of genealogy, I still learned plenty, albeit the continuity of Gods word and the significant little tidbits tucked away for those who seek to find.

      Someone has already said that UNTIL they believed the bvible was just straw, it is an esoteric book in as much as you really cannot get a deep understanding unless God opens you heart and mind to His word.

      1. tksensei profile image61
        tksenseiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        How do you know that?

        1. aguasilver profile image87
          aguasilverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          Correction (and thank you) Most Christians I encounter.....don't read their bible in any depth or seek to understand what Christ was saying.

          I live in Europe and people can get really phased out if they have to really think about what the bible says, yeah, I know that's a big generalisation, but it's nearly 4am here and I'm tired!

          Thanks for the pull!

  12. prettydarkhorse profile image66
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

    I read only portions of it

  13. Song-Bird profile image80
    Song-Birdposted 7 years ago

    I have read it from front to back twice and continually read different sections at a time - I love it!

  14. fatfist profile image75
    fatfistposted 7 years ago

    Yes I have. The whole thing, front to back. I never even knew what atheism was before I read it. But I feel as though "I" invented atheism "after" I read it.
    It's a very powerful life-changing book, that's for sure!

  15. ddsurfsca profile image73
    ddsurfscaposted 7 years ago

    I have read the Bible through twice, plus area reads, and have come to some conclusions because of it.  If you don't read it and figure out what it means for yourself, and just listen to the interpretations of others, you open yourself to not knowing what you are talking about, being lied to and believing it, among other things.  It is also helpful to know the order in which things in history happened.  Reading any book is not a waste of time, and I suggest to everyone to soak up as much education as you can, for knowledge is indeed power.

    1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Well said.

  16. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

    Well, it looks like we killed this topic.

    lol lol

    1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Now witness the resurrection! lol

      1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        lol lol lol

        RESURRECTION: I'm ALIVE! I Think, I See, I Hear, I Taste, I Feel(Touch) and I Smell wonderous odors.

        I Am Me!

        Hooray! lol

  17. Bibowen profile image90
    Bibowenposted 7 years ago

    Yes, several times (I don't know how many). I am on a reading plan that helps me with the goal of reading it through in a year. I don't always make it all the way through in the year, but I get much from it regardless of whether I make my goal or not.

    1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      My curious nature is in search of knowledge and understanding, so your comments grabbed my attention.

      Please do tell of what you've learned so far?

      I'm looking to find out what you think you've learned and compare it to facts I have of life.

      So, please do tell.

    2. profile image49
      SpiderPigSheepposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Deleted

      1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        It's not what you read or how you pray, it's your deeds that speak volumes about who you are.

        1. Cagsil profile image59
          Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          Then what good is the book?

          1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 7 years agoin reply to this

            It helps you resolve issues you're faced with everyday. If you think it's folly then it's probably useless.

            1. Cagsil profile image59
              Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

              How did help you resolve issues?

              Seriously.

              1. profile image0
                sneakorocksolidposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                It provides with alittle pep-talk so I feel all things are possible. It helps me remember what's really important.

        2. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          Yes, yes, yes unless you are an unbeliever in which case all your good deeds weren't worth a lump.

          Right, that is what the bible says.

          1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 7 years agoin reply to this

            I have never said anything like that. I believe everyone will go to Heaven unless you're like hitler or stalin.

  18. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

    I read "The Living Bible" when I was in high school. Since then I read the bible to gain clarification on issues that come up in my life. I think you must study the Bible to really get a grasp of it's message.

    1. profile image49
      SpiderPigSheepposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Deleted

      1. aguasilver profile image87
        aguasilverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        Hmmm... now which little alter ego are you? joined 21 minutes ago and already a master'de'bater!

        1. profile image49
          SpiderPigSheepposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          Deleted

          1. tksensei profile image61
            tksenseiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

            Just go take your ban like a man, Marine.

            1. profile image49
              SpiderPigSheepposted 7 years agoin reply to this

              Deleted

              1. tksensei profile image61
                tksenseiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                Not representing yourself well this way. You made your bed, now...

                1. profile image49
                  SpiderPigSheepposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                  Deleted

                  1. tksensei profile image61
                    tksenseiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                    No, I figure you are the one that got you banned.

          2. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 7 years agoin reply to this

            You don't have to believe anything you don't want to. Try and lighten up alittle, you know we're sheep and the people who support your position know we're sheep. Those who believe as I do are thankful for our Shepard.

            1. Cagsil profile image59
              Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

              You are thankful for your shepard?

              You seriously need to follow? You can't do for yourself?

              Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being conscious?

              Just asking.

              1. aguasilver profile image87
                aguasilverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                Can't speak for sneakers of course, but of course I can do it for myself, I did for years, was a success way back in the mid 80's and had wealth, connections and opportunity.

                I was invited to be an MP in the UK by bankers (like a congressman) and would have had massive opportunity to 'exercise my own will' to the fullest extent. I was a Randite and only mid thirty's then.

                But I CHOOSE not to do MY WILL but HIS WILL, it's a Jesus thing and we tend to adopt His habits.

                1. Cagsil profile image59
                  Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                  That's nice, now you want to tell me why YOU are answering a post I gave someone else?

                  I'm sure your explanation will sound rationalized to yourself, before you respond, but the FACT is that I wasn't talking to you.

                  Therefore, you can see your way out of my conversation with Sneak.

              2. profile image0
                sneakorocksolidposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                No I do it willingly. I own my own company and I live in a very nice home in a great and popular city. I know I earned it but I believe my faith helped in the lean times and blessed me with success.

                1. Cagsil profile image59
                  Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                  So, you're willing to give credit to your faith in what exactly?

                  Was your faith place in yourself? Or something else?

                  Your success isn't determined on your faith in "GOD", but in your sound knowledge of owning a business and the will to make exist, like a child you bring into the world and you nurture along.

                  A sound business strategy is knowledge and the true understanding of that knowledge is what created your success, through your own effort.

                  It was your faith in yourself that got where you are today. It came from making individual self-guiding thought and a lot of will- driven by desire, determination and logic.

                  Why you don't see that? Is because of your religious belief has clouded your judgement, because it has told you to have no pride.

                  SELF perservation, desire, drive, determination, focus, gave you your success. YOU get the credit. Even, if you didn't have your religious belief- it would have still happened, regardless.

                  Just from your SELF effort made it a reality.

                  I hope I brought you a little clarity, I try to spread.

                  Life is to be understood, lived, experienced and enjoyed.

                  If you don't have the first one,
                  Then the second one becomes harder,
                  Which in turn, makes the third negative and
                  That in turn, transforms enjoyment to sadness.

                  Understand Life and it's meaning, so you can truly understand the meaning of being a human, as well as, an individual person.

                  Let's keep it real.

  19. Jerami profile image74
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

    Cagsil wrote:
    Well, it looks like we killed this topic.


       Now the truth comes out.  that is all ya want to do. 
    Kill it.   or bury it with the same old rederich over and over.

    1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      I find it interesting that you would even make a remark about my joking statement on the status of the forum.

      The FACT that no one was responding anymore, made it appear that no one was paying attention to the thread.

      You simply can't get your religious beliefs out of even ordinary thoughts. I'm afraid for you.

      It shows that you can't even have a rational or logical conversation with anyone, on any level.

      I show facts, about society over the last 10,000 years to present day. If it has to do with history(religious too) and mankind- I've got it covered.

      My life's work is all about understanding Life. If you don't like facts I've come up with- then go research what I've said.

      I've done the research and was wise enough to understand the meaning when finished. Which, by the way, is finished.

      I had questions about life- I found answer for my questions.

      Now, I simply absorb as much knowledge as possible. What I consider knowledge is probably not what you consider knowledge.

      Why? Because I understand knowledge to be everything my eyes absorb while they are open. Not just what I read, but everything I read with my eyes.

      That includes learning about you- via our chats. How you form sentences? What kind of words you use? What kind of thought process went into your posts? How intelligent you are by the words that you do use?

      That's knowledge and it's powerful.

      1. chambersgirl21 profile image55
        chambersgirl21posted 7 years agoin reply to this

        So how intelligent is he oh smart one?

        1. Cagsil profile image59
          Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          I guess, the most obvious question to ask is WHY are you you asking?

          I would think that he, himself, might ask me of what I think of him. And, if he did ask, it would mean that he needed an ego boost, but asking, he is hoping I don't insult him.

          So, he probably wouldn't ask.

          But, you did. Apparently out of sarcasam. And, that means, you are fooling around, which means you can't be taken seriously.

          And, therefore your question has no need to ever be answered.

          Since, we can go even deeper, into if you like-

          Since, I now know you can't be taken seriously, I'm not likely to respond to any of your further posts, because you can't form logical or rational thoughts, before you act. That means, you have no control of your mind. Which is probably tied to your religious beliefs, which are fundamentally against life.

          So, would you like another chance for honest conversation or are you going to resort to name calling and insults.

          If you can not handle truth, that's too bad. I am out spoken and see life through a clarity of knowledge and understanding.

          1. chambersgirl21 profile image55
            chambersgirl21posted 7 years agoin reply to this

            Well I was just wondering if I need to use a lot of big words when talking to you or not. smile
            I feel as though I can not take you seriously  as you think you can sum people up by the way they use their words and converse.

            If I have no control over my mind then who does? Was I supposed to take you seriously on that?

            Just because you do not understand the Bible does't make the Bible fake.

            Honestly what do you get for spreading such a horrible message?

          2. Jerami profile image74
            Jeramiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                I have a simple question that I would like to ask. I am doubtful if I could receive an honest answer though. If you ask yourself and answer self honestly that would be a good thing!
                Are you as arrogant and self absorbed in your real life as you pretend to be here on the forums?  Would want yourself for a neighbor? If I did have a neighbor such as you, I would try to talk to him and bring him back to reality.
                 We can not define, recognize, or create a single reality.
            The sooner you come to terms with this of reality; all the better for everyone. I think that you harbor a lot of self hate that is broadcast outwardly.
               
                Has anyone ever told ya  "We love ya anyway"  caus we do.

            1. Cagsil profile image59
              Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

              First off, if I appear arrogant, then it is you who have the wrong impression(biased perception). If I appear self-absorbed, again this is your impression(biased perception).

              I don't pretend anything.



              So much for asking a simple question.

              Would I want myself as a neighbor? YES! By all means.

              "If I did have a neighbor such as you, I would try to talk to him and bring him back to reality."- And, you know what he would tell you- he would say, "It's you who needs a reality check!", and then he would SLAM the door shut in your face.



              Are you always this naturally stupid. You're sitting there telling me to come back to reality, when it's clearly you who deal with belief in "GOD", which doesn't exist in reality.

              Again, I must tell- REALITY EXISTS. Reality exists free of independent thoughts, desires, will, or wishes. Reality is ALL knowable.

              Don't act like your smart or anything, because you're obviously not.

              GOD doesn't reside or exist in reality. If you believe in him- YOU ARE LEAVING REALITY!

              Proven FACT!

              Damn!

              1. Jerami profile image74
                Jeramiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                   The only reality that you can prove to me is that which you quote some persons opinion as to what THEY say that it is.
                Nothing is as it appears to be. If you have a belief system that says any differently then it is you who are delusionary

                1. Cagsil profile image59
                  Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

                  Some person's opinion?

                  Boy, you to back off- science and philosophy has defined what reality is. If you're going sit there and say what I've learned is wrong- you defy the very existence of all science and philosophy.

                  And, that my friend- YOU CAN NOT DO! It is the basis for which we determine what is truly real and what is truly fake.

                  Nothing is as it appears to be. This statement is conjecture. Do you know something that we don't know?

                  A belief system like yours is why you are delusionary.

                  My system of belief is based on facts, science and philosophy.

                  Therefore, it is YOU not dealing in reality.

                  Man, you got to do better than that.

          3. aguasilver profile image87
            aguasilverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

            <snipped - no personal attacks in the Forums>

            1. Evolution Guy profile image60
              Evolution Guyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

              Odd how anyone who makes a clear, intelligent response that shows the worthlessness of your belief system is a "fool."

      2. aguasilver profile image87
        aguasilverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

        1 Corinthians 1:18-20 (King James Version)

        For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

        For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

        Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

        Now THAT is powerful.

        1. Cagsil profile image59
          Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          How fun came this get? lol

          Let's see-

          Okay, first off- I'm not preaching. I'm teaching.

          And, if you actually took into account the time for which it was written, it isn't meant for today's society. Therefore you assume too much.

          As for "GOD" making me foolish, is to happen only in your dream world. You can try to make yourself believe I am foolish.

          But, I'm not the one blinded by the truth.

          Religion and "GOD" was made up by man, so to control those who do not know any better. And, guess what- you are one of those people.

          Have a nice day.

          1. Bibowen profile image90
            Bibowenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

            I'm inclined to agree with you. You don't strike me as the kind of guy that would allow yourself to be blinded by the truth...

        2. profile image49
          SpiderPigSheepposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          Deleted

          1. Cagsil profile image59
            Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

            Deleted

            1. aguasilver profile image87
              aguasilverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

              You're welcome to try any time you want to, the Mediterranean is right outside my front door, and I'll take you out on the boat if you like, maybe a quick stroll to Morocco, it's only 8 miles and I'd be happy to let you off half way?

      3. Jerami profile image74
        Jeramiposted 7 years ago

        Lady_E wrote:
        thirdmillenium wrote:
        Have you read the whole Bible, not a cursory read but with an intention to grasp its intended meaning ( Doesn't matter whether you understood them all or not)

        I haven't read through the whole of Revelation. I don't really understand it yet - the Creatures etc. I wonder if anyone else understands the Book of Revelation.


           You must first understand the book of Daniel. Under Gods direction the angel Gabriel interpreted the meanings of most all of the symbolism used in the book of Revelation.
           The book of Daniel ....  The book of Revelation
        Kinda like Crocodile Dundee and Crocodile Dundee two.
           The book of Daniel is part one and The book of Revelation is part two
           Eleven chapters of the book of Daniel describes the times up until the dispensation of the Hebrew Nation  around 138 AD. Daniel chapter 12:3 thru 12:13   and Rev. c. 8 thru C 22 are of things to occur after the end days of that Hebrew Nation that ceased to exist around 138 AD and until the battle of Armageddon. 
           The two books seem to overlap in sequence.
           
        It is not taught this way but it seems to make TOTAL sense to me when looked at from this prospective.

        1. Lady_E profile image83
          Lady_Eposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          Noted. Thanks smile

      4. Jerami profile image74
        Jeramiposted 7 years ago

        Marisa Wright wrote:
        Evolution Guy wrote:
        Jerami wrote:

        There are many excuses for arguing against anything that is misunderstood.

        Yes - We agree for once. If you have read and understood the Bible - any fool can see it is not written by a god.

          Let me rephrase what I originally said, " If you can not understand what I have written it is easy for you to make many arguments against it"

      5. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 7 years ago

        a few times in my life, from beginning to end, over a long period of time, starting at Genesis and finishing at Revelation.

      6. profile image49
        gprosperityposted 7 years ago

        Yes I have read the whole Bible, as a matter of fact I am doing it again right now. Each time I read it I discover something new, and usually something that I need for my life at that time.
        I have a wonderful Pastor who has taught us what BIBLE stands for, Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth. In problem that you may ever run across or any sitouation that you may encounter the Bible has a word for you in that area.

        1. Cagsil profile image59
          Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          I personally think you stop reading it. It might be doing damage to your brain. lol

          "I have a wonderful Pastor, who has taught us what BIBLE stands for Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth."

          You sound like your 12 years old? Hmm...

          But, it is not mine to assume anything, so I guess I won't be gentle. The "BIBLE" - Big Instrumental Book Loaded with Emptiness.

          Science, Philosophy, History and Reality has already stipulated that religion was based on no facts.

          That conclusion says - GOD does not exist.

          Life is lived in Reality. There is NO proof of a GOD.

          The BIBLE is NOT facts.

      7. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

        You have to admit...you went a bit far.

        Damn...I said I was staying away from the religion forum...

      8. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 7 years ago

        Yes.

      9. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

        I have too, and the book of Mormon, The bhagat vita, and parts of the Koran.

      10. tksensei profile image61
        tksenseiposted 7 years ago

        Doing pretty good for 4 AM I'd say!

        1. aguasilver profile image87
          aguasilverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          Thanks... phew and it's only 4 hours and 21 minutes later now and I've got a full day...yawn... gotta start sleeping again!

      11. Jerami profile image74
        Jeramiposted 7 years ago

        Yes, yes, yes unless you are an unbeliever in which case all your good deeds weren't worth a lump.

        Right, that is what the bible says.

        I have never said anything like that. I believe everyone will go to Heaven unless you're like hitler or stalin.
        She said   He said


        Jerami said
           Rev 22:15  For without (Outside the gates) are dogs, and sorcerers, and whore mongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

           This is after all is said and done. These are outside the gates of the new city. This is in heaven. I believe that these are given a little more time and evidence for repentance.
        These have received salvation as a free gift.
            Those that believed in the word and lived accordingly will receive rewards according to their good deeds.

           I normally try to not interpret scripture but I can not help myself on this one.

        1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 7 years agoin reply to this

          And what was there to refute?  You said it again.  -Those that believed in the word and lived accordingly will receive rewards according to their good deeds.
          -

      12. Jerami profile image74
        Jeramiposted 7 years ago

        And what was there to refute?  You said it again.  -Those that believed in the word and lived accordingly will receive rewards according to their good deeds.
            This is symbolic  and this is my beliefs as to what is said.
          Seemed to me that this said everyone was in heaven except for Satan and HIS worshipers. At this point believers,and        non believers, and every kind of sinner are in heaven. But Sin can not enter into the city. Each Gate is a single pearl and are never shut. People are entering and exiting the city all of the time.  This is like a last chance, with the evidence right in front of everyone to see. If ya want to be able to enter the city you will do whatever it takes to do so.  If ya don't want to enter the city then you will keep on keepingon doing whatever ya want. Your choice.
           I also think that someone like I believe Mother Teresa to have been will receive many many more rewards than someone like me. Me and you might be standing out side the gates wanting to read the rules again for gaining entry? 
        But I really know nothing. But I Think?

      13. Nera Woods profile image84
        Nera Woodsposted 7 years ago

        yes, when I was still a teenager. We had Bible contests every Friday night in our church, so we had to read. I still remember a lot, but not as detailed as before.

      14. resspenser profile image85
        resspenserposted 7 years ago

        No but i am trying to get traffic to the Noah thread "A dying child's last wish"
        Take a look. Please.

      15. pylos26 profile image77
        pylos26posted 7 years ago

        tell us...tell us...tell us...what was it?????

        1. profile image0
          Ghost32posted 7 years agoin reply to this

          Um...guess you're asking me.  I've been a member of Eckankar since 1974.

          1. pylos26 profile image77
            pylos26posted 7 years agoin reply to this

            What the hell is that??? ahhh...Ghost32

      16. getitrite profile image79
        getitriteposted 7 years ago

        I read the Bible, then I read "The Age of Reason" by Thomas Paine, one of the Founding Fathers.  His account makes more sense.

       
      working