jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Does every religion have its own heaven?

1. SkySlave profile image83
    SkySlaveposted 5 years ago

Does every religion have its own heaven?

Or do they share?

2. Gentle Fist profile image81
    Gentle Fistposted 5 years ago

Yes, it has. But, some religions consider heaven to be a certain place, location, while other religions, that stayed true to their original teachings - like Buddhism, consider heaven to be a certain state of being. If you picture it, every religion does have it's own heaven, but if you think in terms of certain states of being, then religions have a common heaven, a state of peace and harmony is common to all as a supreme goal.

1. Darrell Roberts profile image71
      Darrell Robertsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I could accept that Heaven is a state of being. However, if I am in the best state of being and I see violence, exploitation, and pollution, then there is not way to make think I am heaven.

3. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 5 years ago

My religion tells me that God is Love. Most concepts of heaven suggest some sort of communion with God. So heaven to me is a state of pure Love. Any interferance with Love is less than heaven. I think every religion has a reference to a state of being that exists without distraction from Love. So I reckon it would only be that good if we shared it.

4. SayedAthar Husain profile image60
    SayedAthar Husainposted 5 years ago

I have seen heaven. For every good person qualifying for heaven, there is only one world of heaven. And it is unlimitedly vast.

1. Bradley1946 profile image61
      Bradley1946posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you have seen the heaven your Subconscious Mind has believed to exist, since we live through the Subconscious Phase of Mind and every thought, idea, experience is recorded in that phase of mind.  That is the only way you could have seen it.

2. d.william profile image76
      d.williamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Bradley: no earthly teachings can relate to the experience of seeing heaven unless you have done so.  I too have seen where we came from and where we will go.  I died at the age of 7, was revived and could not have 'dreamed' so elaborately.

5. cloudy_cool profile image75
    cloudy_coolposted 5 years ago

Heaven and Hell is in the mind, when a mortal feels pain ang terrible grief for a prolonged period - it is 'like Hell' and so is 'like Heaven' when tumultously exultant about something nice...

Religion is a marked path for the mind-ready followers to take their journey slowly but surely towards spiritualism...religion is a collective thought of a particular mass of society with similar beliefs and has nothing to do with Heaven or Hell specifically...it is the choice a mortal makes...and depending on the 'good' or 'bad' choice the mortal gets his bagful of karma which can either make his life positive or negative...

Heaven is not up in the sky on the clouds...God/s is/are not waiting in 'Heaven' to reward you; nor is Satan waiting in the core of the Earth to fry you in hot oil or whatever...everything is here on the Earth for every religion follower - the good, bad and the ugly... Everything is based on our karma regardless of caste, color, class, creed...

1. cloudy_cool profile image75
      cloudy_coolposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Consider this, when we share the same Earth, breathe in the same air, hv the same color of blood etc, then why would our Gods not hv given us diff planets to live on if we were meant to go to a diff Heaven/Hell aft death?? Same creater, diff names...

6. lambservant profile image95
    lambservantposted 5 years ago

There are many that don't believe in heaven. Scientology for instance believes in reincarnation, as do some new age philosophies. Many religions believe in different types of heaven, or some sort of afterlife, but not heaven. Catholics of course believe in purgatory.

I believe in heaven as defined in the Bible. A place where all who call Christ Lord and Savior will spend eternity with Him. Randy Alcorn wrote a wonderful book called Heaven. He researched the Bible for 25 years to write the book.

Hope that helps.

7. george looney profile image61
    george looneyposted 5 years ago

Jesus said in the Gospel to his disciples "The kingdom of heaven or of God is within you". Therefore the kingdom of heaven lies withing the human soul. St. Paul the Apostle of Christ said to his ministry of Christians, "Don't you know that you are the temple of God's own Spirit?"

8. pisean282311 profile image60
    pisean282311posted 5 years ago

yes...every religion has its won definition of heaven....

9. weekend profile image61
    weekendposted 5 years ago

Yes. There are lots of different heavens up in the sky; one for every religion. I'm thinking of starting my own religion in order that I get my own heaven up there. Some of them are really crowded, you know, especially the old ones.

10. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

When you I think about it I would say all religions have an idea of a better life after this life.  Even the people who believe in reincarnation believe that if they are really god this life then they would have a better existence next life. They do not know how good or how long it will last. However, that better place is heaven for some of those type of people. Most religions do have a version of heaven and many of them are different. As a matter of fact there are many different versions of heaven because theor are so many people on the planet.

Best wishes.