jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

If you could turn back time, what would you do?

1. soundtrack junkie profile image61
    soundtrack junkieposted 5 years ago

If you could turn back time, what would you do?

2. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

If that is possible, I will try to learn as much as I wanted to seek the way of enlightenment which I have yet to succeed.

Going back in time might give me another chance of success.

soundtrack junkieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you for your answer.. i believe getting another chance is what most people want.. i've thought of that myself.

3. CBartelmey profile image77
    CBartelmeyposted 5 years ago

I think if I were able to turn back the clock there would simply be moments in my life that I would want to experience again.  I would spend time with my first dog who I absolutely adored, time with my grandfather on his farm, time sitting and talking with my grandmother and drinking some of her homemade sweet tea, time with my sister at any point when we were doing anything.  At this point those moments are out of reach, but if I could turn back time I would go back and experience them just one more time.

sounds like you have very fond memories of days gone by... thank you for your answer and may you have more happy days ahead

4. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

I would return to the 1950's when family meant something special and there was a more wholesome attitude and way of life. We still had some growing to do back then, but it was much better than now, even though we now have modern technology, we had all that we actually needed back then to enjoy our lives. The constitution was whole and was respected. People went to church for the right reasons. Sex and perversion were taboo and rightfully so. Our children were not exposed to chemicals in meats and other foods that would harm them and their children in the future. Teachers were respected. Education was the basis of platforms in congress and it was meant and not false. People looked to a brighter future and did not worry as much about national calamities and world destruction by asteroids and sun spots. God was still in schools and public meetings and rightfully worshiped by devoted human beings. The flag was respected for the freedoms that we have and in honor of men who gave up their lives. Love meant something special and not raw sex and explicit commercials on television that exposed our kids to the seamy side of life. More national pride and respect. A dollar was a dollar and not make believe. Life seemed to have more meaning to me back then, and I pray that things will get better if we just try a little harder.

1. Cristale profile image85
      Cristaleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am with you on this one. I would love to be a 1950's housewife and let the man take care of every thing else. I always had an interest in Marilyn Monroe and the whole JFK situation.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
      FatFreddysCatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, the 50s were great... if you were a white male. Anybody else was pretty much screwed. Remember those segregated buses, schools, lunch counters, etc.?

3. whonunuwho profile image79
      whonunuwhoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah..you can find negatives about any age, I don't even want to get started on 2012 and in fact I get nauseated., FatFreddysCat

4. soundtrack junkie profile image61

Those were the times, those were the days... you said it all. smile

5. Mazzy Bolero profile image77
    Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years ago

I would go back and advise my younger self what I must do to get the life I wanted.  I would try to prevent some of the bad things happening and make good things happen instead.  Of course, there's the risk from the butterfly effect, but I'd take that chance.

yep, going back in time and doing things in a different way would change history and cause a major time paradox, according to some sci-fi theories. but since you have noble intentions, it's worth the risk

6. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Love the question.  Finish university in Houston under a different major and find myself a lot sooner through psychotherapy.

working