jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Do you go to church? why or why not?

1. Abrushing1968 profile image83
    Abrushing1968posted 5 years ago

Do you go to church? why or why not?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6866440_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    SirDentposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do go to church and I do it regularly.  The Bible tells us we should not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.  David also wrote, "I was glad when they said to me let us go to the house of the Lord." 

There is strength in numbers.  If one can move a thousand, two can move ten thousand and a three fold cord is not easily broken.  The time spent at church is dedicated to worshiping God. 

http://sirdent.hubpages.com/hub/What-is … the-Church

Abrushing1968posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excellent!  Thanks for sharing your insight. It is good to be in the house of the Lord.

3. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

Yes, I go to church to worship and praise our Lord and to be in community with other believers.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

Me too. God Bless.

4. kellyteam profile image61
    kellyteamposted 5 years ago

Yes I go to church regularly. SirDent gave the first and formost reason, because the word of God tells us to assemble ourselves together. It is also a time of renewing. After the world has beat up on you all week, you need to come to be fed the word of God. Its the most important meal of the day when you hear the word of God (Faith comes by hearing) and when you read the word of God for yourself throughout the week. Phil.2:2 talks about us being of the same mind and I believe 2:5 tells us to have the same mind as Christ. Must be fed the word and read the word to do that.

I do agree that our spiritual heath begins to weaken when we neglect God's Word, Prayer and His people. Amen. Good word sister.

5. teacherjoe52 profile image72
    teacherjoe52posted 5 years ago

I don't go to church.
    Every one I have gone to has too many pharasee's. You know, the very judgemental type. Every time I went they would always find something to critize me about.
    If I could find a non judgemental church I would gladly attend or attend a Bible study group. There is very limited choices here though

6. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Yes I go to church regularly to eat His Flesh and drink His Blood.

1. profile image72
      ElleBeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

2. Abrushing1968 profile image83

Sounds gross.

7. MountainManJake profile image88
    MountainManJakeposted 5 years ago

No, I feel that something that is individually customized based on interpretation shouldn't be organized into a group.  Just a personal opinion.

8. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

Yes. Simply put, I go because I believe in God and I believe He wants us to go.  I believe that is possible to have a relationship with God that transcends your church/worship place, but that there is also something special about going to a distinct place to recieve the Sacraments, pray in a congregation, fellowship with others etc.
    "Wherever two or more are gather in my name, there I am."

Well said ElleBee

working