jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

What is success?

1. securityproducts3 profile image41
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

What is success?

2. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I think we each define success for ourselves. One way to do this is by asking: What kind of person do I want to be? What do I want to achieve? What do I want to contribute? Success for one person might be in being an honest and loving person, day to day. For another, creating a novel or work of art, or winning an award or an Olympic event. For another, helping family, or one's students grow, or healing the sick.

1. profile image0
      Leela Rainelleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. I came to this topic to post a similar answer - how each person defines success in his or her own way. To add in my two cents, I think we also define success in both small, possibly daily activities, as well as on a grand life-long scale.

2. securityproducts3 profile image41
      securityproducts3posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you really hit it on the head, true success is defined by ourselves. I think many times, unfortunately, we buy into what others deem 'successful', and it causes us to stray from where our heart is telling us to go.

3. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree, Leela. As a life, creative, and career coach I focus on the big picture. But I like to remember that a mom making a peanut butter sandwich for her kid is an act of creativity!

3. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

Success is doing your best at what you love best.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Success is having a happy family.

That is my success. To be able to achieve harmony relationship within my family. For me, working hard in life is focus on family. So, when I have a happy family, I have succeeded in life. It is my success story in life.

5. Cristale profile image88
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

Success is being happy. If you are happy in your life and with what you do every day, then that is success.

6. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

A state of complete happiness; wanting for nothing or, if you will, completely content with what you have. I would suggest a person like this would psychologically be without any issues and would radiate his/her happiness significantly. I suspect they would have excellent health or at minimum average health. I also suspect that they would be a significantly generous person. You would know them by their constant smile and "good" nature.

7. OneFineG467 profile image60
    OneFineG467posted 5 years ago

If you cross all hurdles in your life and fulfill your goal then its a true success..there as always been certain factor that prevents one from going upward towards their dream...some fall and try again, some just leave, some just keep trying, and so on...But always keep positive hope.. your pain and hardwork will be answered.

8. phillippeengel profile image80
    phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

Success can be anything, be it trivial or momentous. I think that success is not the accomplishments that you gained through disingenuous and malevolent means, but through humanitarian, soul-searching and decorous efforts. Success to me means having all A1s in examinations now, but its definition might change later.