jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why do you think it good to teach a child while still young?

1. Samkoskei profile image66
    Samkoskeiposted 5 years ago

Why do you think it good to teach a child while still young?

The Bible support to teach a child while still young.Please do share your comments that we can safe our communities  from losing moral standard

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

You would have to define young I suppose.  Educating a child is like building a pyramid. Lay a good foundation and build up. It is a never ending process.  Small children learn daily from what we do, what we say, what they see...so there is never a time they do not learn.  So as soon as they are born, we are teaching them even when we aren't trying.

Samkoskeiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Duffsmom for the comment,I appreciate.

3. connorj profile image74
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Well, lets begin with; it is always advisable to instruct people without them being distracted. Dr. John Medina in his NY Best-seller, Brain Rules mentioned that your brain cannot multi-task and that if the learner is distracted he will not learn anything but the distracting event. Everyone begins to be distracted and as the years progress, well lets just say there are more and more distractions.
    Now lets (secondly) integrate some biology, in our brains around puberty a milation effect occurs within our brain that has the affect of hardening off synaptic clefts. We know quantitatively that after this process occurs it is indeed more difficult to learn; mind you, not impossible, especially with regards to learning a new language. It is well established that we should indeed introduce 2nd language training during the formative elementary years; not secondary (midddle and high school years). Thus, what a crime to require a 2nd language for entry into college without providing the proper scaffolding to learn a 2nd language prior to college...

Samkoskeiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Connorj for such a perfect,and well explain answer.I will refer more of your comments

working