What do you expect in heaven?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. jacobkuttyta profile image44
    jacobkuttytaposted 11 years ago

What  do you expect in heaven?

2. profile image0
    Ethan Greenposted 11 years ago

I expect room service, air conditioning and hot water...

3. LaughingRain profile image78
    LaughingRainposted 11 years ago

a little cabin with a great view and a lake, lots of wildlife, never having to eat or wash dishes again and many learning institutions to explore and doing ice skating performances to an appreciative audience.

4. melbelle profile image59
    melbelleposted 11 years ago

I expect to be even more creative than I am now.  Being surrounding by my family and the many pets I have lost over the years.   I want to be in the service of some kind of "artsy" work in heaven.

5. Rod Marsden profile image68
    Rod Marsdenposted 11 years ago

All the answers so far have been pretty good. A cabin near a river that isn't far from the sea would be ideal. The cabin would be a short distance from a rain forest where you'd get plenty of wild life all the time. No cane toads anywhere or Indian myna birds. Considering what these toads do to our wildlife and how the myna birds invade the nests of other bird species and kick the chicks out, they belong in hell. Pure and simple. There would be fishing but once you'd caught your meal you  couldn't catch any more until the next day. People battling against food shortages and who have tried to do something about overpopulation on earth would be in heaven when they passed away. Selfish people who have large families in the name of this god or that and so add to food shortages and the misery of overcrowding end up down stairs. Mad bombers and other religious fruit loops definitely down stairs. In heaven I would be handsome and married or living with or both to an equally attractive woman. It doesn't matter what she looked like on earth. In heaven she gets to choose what she looks like and who she wants to be with. I get the same option. There would be plenty of artists and writers. Books written in heaven about earth would have a unique accuracy about them. even the fiction. I would have coffee with Jong and we would discuss masks. Jack Kirby would stop by with his latest comic book extravaganza. I would get to see relatives who had already passed away. They would be a lot younger than when I last saw them. My mother would be in her early teens instead of an old woman.

6. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Peace, serenity, creative challenges, love, confidence, responsibility, humility.

I don't expect the troubles of physical attachment and ego.

7. MickeySr profile image79
    MickeySrposted 11 years ago

The Bible presents several big ideas that it then gives much attention to . . . including the ideas of light & darkness, parts & the whole, and struggle & rest. How God made this world to be & function and how He introduces & accomplishes redemption present these ideas again and again to inform us of who God is and what He is like, and I think they also give us a bit of a preview of what paradise will be like.

We certainly don't know detailed particulars of what exactly to expect, I personally think that the texts referencing streets of gold winding through a city like transparent glass are speaking of the glory and majesty of God's eternal heaven and not asserting what actual materials we will find there, while the texts that talk about lions lying down with lambs is presenting factual circumstances - I believe heaven will be paradise restored, the garden and God originally made it before man corrupted it.

Whatever the case we do know that those big ideas presented again and again in the Bible will finally be realized in some manner along the lines of;

There will be no more darkness and the light will be beautiful and endless,

Love, the perfect bond of unity, will bind us all together with one another and with God, in a manner in which we each remain the person that we are (in an even more fuller sense) as we are one with all.

And all struggle will end and we will enjoy a vigorous rest. The Bible is clear on this; for all those who know Jesus now, who love Him in this life, and who trust Him as their only hope of heaven, heaven will be real and never-ending and a perfect rest and peace and joy in the love of God.

I believe that when we close our eyes in death and open them again in the next life, all those trusting in Jesus alone, not in themselves and not in religion and not in being good enough, etc, but trusting fully in His finished work, will instantly stand face-to-face with Jesus and He will put His thumb to our cheek and wipe the last tear from our eye - and we will rest with Him in eternity.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)