jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Christians: Can your name be blotted out of the Book of Life?

1. jamesrk profile image35
    jamesrkposted 5 years ago

Christians: Can your name be blotted out of the Book of Life?

In His Revelation letter to the church at Sardis (Rev.3:1-6) Jesus seems to imply that names written into the Book of Life can be blotted out and salvation lost. What do you think? Can a "born again" believer, whose name is written into the Book of Life, do something that might cause God to remove it?

2. Dr. Haddox profile image79
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

Scriptures, or sacred Christian thinking, as you noted in (Rev 3:1-6) appears to support an answer of "Yes."
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

jamesrkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your comment. Yes, it would appear to support that notion. I do, however, attempt to present an explanation in my Hub at http://jamesrk.hubpages.com/hub/Book-of-Life if you're interested.

3. jacobkuttyta profile image76
    jacobkuttytaposted 5 years ago

By faith we are enter into the kingdom of God.  When we believe the Son of God, our name is written the Book of Life.

When we loose our faith, or due to our unbelief, it could be removed from the Book of Life.

Our actions prove our faith.  When we believe, we act accordingly.  When we disbelieve, we act like there is no God.

4. Routledge profile image77
    Routledgeposted 5 years ago

Baptism, or being born again, is not an end all be all. It is a step that allows us to get to heaven. It is not a guarantee. I believe if you are 'born again' then you go out and  be a terrible person with no regrets. Yes, you were baptized but you have essentially told Heavenly Father you don't care.
    We cannot work our way into heaven but once you are born again you have to at a minimum pretend you thought your baptism through.

jamesrkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for commenting. But with all due respect, baptism and being born again are not the same event. Baptism is what you do to openly confess your salvation. To be born again is the work of the Holy Spirit that imparts salvation (John 3:1-8).

5. kmaskreations profile image70
    kmaskreationsposted 5 years ago

Absolutely!  In fact, the entire New Testament after the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ is addressed to what is expected of us after we "contract" (initial salvation).  He's fulfilled his part. What we DO (faith without works is dead faith) determines if we will attain salvation finally.  We cannot serve two masters. If somewhere along the way I choose to serve Satan, I have lost what I once had.  For the best information regarding the false doctrine of eternal security, Dan Corner's book, The Believer's Conditional Security, is a must-read.

working