Eternal security

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (128 posts)
  1. mjane24 profile image60
    mjane24posted 13 years ago

Eternal security is the Bible confidence that every born again believer has a perfect,complete salvation in Jesus Christ.As soon as  sinners recieved Christ,he posseses,full,unending salvation.To have Christ have a secure position before God.Though the Bible does not use the term "security to describe the beklievers relationship in Christ its have no doubt that the child of GOD IS ETERNALLY SAFE IN Christ. Eternal security refers only to those who are born again through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.It does not refer to hypocrites or to those who are merely dabbling in the things of Christ.Those who permanently fall away have never born again.How can we know and sure the true Christian are eternally secure?1.because of the term Salvation eternal life,john 3:16,1john5:11,12,13full assurANCE 2.BECAUSE OF WHAT WE ARE,THIS IS THE PRESENT CONDITION OF EACH TRUE BELIEVER 1.FORGIVEN romans4:7 2.justified romans5:1,9 3.child of God forever rom8:15 second:because of whAT we have1.Eternal life john3:16 2.peace with gOD ROM 5:1 3rd what is past 1.condemnation john5:242.death and wrath col.3:3 4rth because of promises 1.never perishjohn10:27,28 2.never die john11:26 3.saved from wrath rom:5:5,9 4.not appoineted to wrath but  unto salvation 1thessalonians5:9

1. mohitmisra profile image58
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Born again means getting enlightened and Christ here stands  for god and and the human.

1. profile image56
        ana126posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

mjane24posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks ana....

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it's spelt, "becleavers." wink

3. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Big yawn!

4. Rishy Rich profile image73
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Eternal Stupidity...

is not stupidity, is salvation for u if you have CRIST in your heart

5. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you feel saved ?
      Good!

Now I wonder...
      Saved from what ? roll

saved ,secured from second death or spiritual death

2. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I have not checked  these verses that are posted above. BUT

I bet ya a nickle that not a single one of them use the word     " only"    such as  only whosoever bleieveth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

I once told my boys and their cousins that who ever helped me to do this chore would get lunch at Mc Donalds.
       Half of them helped me. I asked those that did help me if they minded  (and they didn't) if the other kids came with us.
       I did not say "only" those that helped would bet a hamburger, so I didn't lie by taking whoom ever I pleased for hamburgers.
        Jesus told a similar story about a farmer who went out looking for laborors.  He paid all of them the same amount regardless of how long they worked!!!  as HE "CHOOSE".
                Or something like that
           The way I understand scripture;  it is not quite as exclusive as some people think. The way that it is written (uninterpreted) It is as inclusive as God wants for it to be. 

But I'm crazzy ...  and nobody has got to believe me.

the bible open says john 3:16 whosoever bieliveth have everlsting life,only those who believede shall be save,but not all will believe HIM.

2. Allan McGregor profile image60
      Allan McGregorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, Jesus does say that salvation is exclusive to those who choose him.

Many are fond of quoting John 3:16 which says:

'For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.'

But not so many continue to follow what Jesus says in the next four verses:

'For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

'And this is the condemnation, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, lest his deeds should be exposed.'

What Jesus is saying is that damnation is mankind's default position from which only faith in him can free us.

The reason is that only Jesus lived a sinless life and died for our sins, which means that while all our sins were imputed to him, all of his righteousness was imputed to us.

That means that Salvation is a judicial mechanism by which God satisfied the law's just requirement for blood by pouring out his wrath on his own Son in our stead.

God does not, nor ever has nor ever will, forgiven sin. He forgives sinners, when they place their faith in his Son who paid the penalty for sin that they deserved.

God's part in this transaction is called grace (unearned, undeserved and unmertited favour). Our part is faith. Which is why the Bible says we are saved by grace through faith. Both are necessary, and even then both are provided by God, because even our faith is a gift of grace.

So, we err when we fear that we can lose our salvation. What we should guard against is hardening our heart to the extent that our faith dwindles away. If that happens lose the meas by which we are able to approporiate God's grace.

1. mohitmisra profile image58

There are two I's.

The first i denotes the human.

The second I  denotes god.

Here  Jesus is peaking from the point of view of god similarly to how Krishna spoke.

JONH3:16 JESUS said whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life...he did not come to the good but to the sinners...

NO KHRISNA BOOKS IN THE BIBLE...

1. earnestshub profile image82
              earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why is it that you do not know the origins of these stories. I guess you don't want to challenge your beliefs, so it is easier to just believe the "good book."

No credibility in that.
              Either refute the older stories that came before, or stop spouting rubbish would be my cut on it. smile

the true story we found only in the bible,,,

That is a flat statement without any supporting argument. What does it mean? NOTHING at all, because you don't even know what came before do you? What and where is your argument? There is no proof for your bible, but there is proof of the Egyptian gods this all came from! smile

THere is no proof what are you saying.cause you are not base on the bible,if you base on God'sword you will prove it

2. h.a.borcich profile image60
        h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I find you're fanatical beliefs downright scary! lol

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the compliment.

Posts got crossed on that one Jerami, it was aimed at the OP. smile

1. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know  was just tickiling at your foot a bit

was expecting ya to answer wasn't talking to me  BUT if the shoe fits or something like that.
             Any way   Howdy to ya   I am goina go fall down on the bed again   good night.

Am I that blunt? Hell, I guess I am! Have a good snooze Jerami. smile

2. mjane24 profile image60

understand what i post...

is not scary because it is GODs word,and that what i believed....

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The idea of eternal security, taken too far, negates the Biblical concept of free will.

But I'm very glad you're saved, mjane24.

3. mjane24 profile image60

MY BELIEF IS NOT FUNNY  its true....

i find also your weired belief

You have no idea what I believe. You only know that I do not believe in lies ..... written from other older stories dating back to the sun god.

4. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Eternal security?? More like security for eternity.
    If it's anything, it's "Eternal Liberty".
    Eternal L I F E ! ! smile

eternal life in heaven...

5. creativelycc profile image63
    creativelyccposted 13 years ago

Eternal Security is the free gift that God gave us when His Son Jesus Christ died on the cross.  When we accept this gift we will have eternal life.  It is a gift that can not be bought or earned, it is received by faith when we believe.  Many can not understand how simple it is to accept this gift.

I know it's hard for many to understand this but it is for real.  God loves us with an agape love (unconditional).  He is not harsh or stern, He is so loving, patient and kind. He loves everyone and wants everyone to accept this gift.

One of the key things that you will notice when one is born again is the love they will have for one another, even those who do not like them.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

The only eternal security your "agape" god has in store for me is a lake of fire. I don't wish to accept this loving gift from him. Is that okay?  smile

1. Allan McGregor profile image60
        Allan McGregorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you are absolutely right, because that is precisely what Jesus said in John 3:17-18 -

'For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through him. He who believes on him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.'

Jesus didn't come to make bad people good, he came to make dead people alive.

true..

2. mohitmisra profile image58

This planet has seen  many enlightened ones  and not only Jesus.

He said" I tell ye you are all gods" Jesus, This passage from John is a corrupted version of what Jesus said

Every human is the son of god" the kingdom of god is within" Jesus

no,not every one are become the child of GOD,ONLY THOSE WHO ACCEPT CHRIST IN THEIR HEAR....JOHN1:12

the bible never corrupt ,mans word always lie those who said bible is corrupt. God will corrupt his  or her soul in hell

why not accept the free gift for you ?its free,its from GOD!So you can have christ in your heart..

Sorry, but Allah and a host of other gods are all lined up for you and I to provide an answer as to why we didn't worship them. You'll burn in Islamic hell if you can't convince Allah. Why don't you just accept Allah? smile

and because your god is allah,somedays you will be shouting in the place hell that God prepared for satan and his angels because your god is ALLAH NOT GOD WHO MADE ALL THINGS..

And, as usual, I deeply respect that you and your god will send me to hell. Deeply. smile

I'M not GOD to send you to hell,GOd is the owner of our life so GOD can only do that....

I deeply respect your belief that your god will send me to hell, and I also deeply respect your love, obedience and the fact that you too will look forward to experiencing your gods love when he does that. smile

6. earnestshub profile image82

Your "god" was around thousands of years before the bible or any other sky fairy mentioned in the religious tomes written by a bunch of controlling sexist old men.

These stories are repeats of stories already told! The only difference is who you worship. Any entity that requires worship is psychotic. smile

My God is the Ist and the Last,He is no ending and everlasting...

A religionists statement. No proof, no facts, no investigation in to what has been said about the rubbish in the bible that came from other stories thousands of years before. You are wasting my time, I'm outta here!

2. earnestshub profile image82

Your god is a psychopath!

MY GOd is  always true,never sin always perfect

7. earnestshub profile image82

If you have enough guts to find out, you can trace these beliefs back to thousands of years before your books. All this religious crap was written thousands of years before you read it in your tomes. smile
    Another suggestion is to balance your serotonin levels and then get back to me about your "god!"
    Never saw a single religionist keep there beliefs with  balanced brain chemistry.

The fear which retains your belief becomes apparent immediately after onset and you will laugh at the incredible crap you swallowed to avoid an irrational fear. All religion is simply insanity driven by deep sub-conscious terror. Once confronted this fear dissipates leaving no reason to continue ruining your life trying to ram this crud down other peoples throats to ward off the terror felt within.

1. h.a.borcich profile image60

Looks like you went off the deep end and on a tangent posting Earnest - apparently your assumption on whose brain chemicals are imbalanced is askew smile

Don't know anything about brain chemistry h.a.borcich?
        Never mind, I can recommend some good scientific studies if you like.

Or you can take the challenge. smile

Like I said. get back to me when you find out that your beliefs are just inner terror.

1. JulesGerome profile image61
          JulesGeromeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you believe in the God of the Bible, there's no option but to be scared LOL

Just so! don't worship me? You die a horrible death! More like hitler than any sort of intelligent entity! lol

fear GOD WHO WILL KILL THE BODY AND SOUL...

Yeh right! The sky fairy will get ya! What an incredibly naive pile of crud this stuff is!

Your god could crawl under the carpet with a high hat on and not leave a bump! lol

your god maybe stone..im not  trying to be disrespect but,because you sAY bad to my LORD

2. h.a.borcich profile image60

My God does not terrify me smile You are just playing a game claiming to know what and why I believe what I do!
          Do you really think it looks sane for anyone to post numerous insults and inflamitory remarks to people he is calling chemically unbalanced?
          I think it is sad but funny that you think you are the sane one !!!

Sad eh? Now that is funny!
            You would like all religionists be more likely to tell me I am going to rot in hell because I don't believe in your sky fairy. Now that would be a fine definition of insanity!

Everything you post in christianity threads is vulgar Earnest and you are proud of it. Then you brazenly call christians chemically imbalanced and full of hate...I am suspecting you fulfill your description of a christian!
              Somehow I think your next move will either be to demand proof or spout scripture. Either way I think the hate you have will be evident through out your post. It isn't debate, discussion or anything civil - just insults you are throwing out there. Has it occurred to you such behavior on your part looks like insanity?  But you keep doing that - I am 100% sure the christians aren't about to abandond their bibles over it, and I am optomistic that most nonbelievers are unimpressed as well.
              Have a great day!

I love this! "Vulgar, full of hate", etc etc, followed by have a nice day! typical! lol
                As I have said before, I don't do hate, I leave that to your god.

Here is some scripture so you can deny it, say it is out of context, or that you reckon it is OK to be a psychopathic invisible entity.

"Should people cheat God?  Yet you have cheated me!  "But you ask, 'What do you mean?  When did we ever cheat you?'  "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.  You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.  Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple.  If you do," says the LORD Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you.  I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in!  Try it!  Let me prove it to you!  Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease.  Your grapes will not shrivel before they are ripe," says the LORD Almighty.   (Malachi 3:8-11 NLT)

(Doesn't it seem really stupid that an all-powerful God claims he can bring food and grapes to the masses but he can't even feed himself?)
                No insanity here! .... much lol lol lol

God canno't feed himself because He is a perfect GOD....

People can't cheat GOD...cause God is everywhere...

2. getitrite profile image71
                    getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This statement makes absolutely no sense.  Do you even think about what you write here? Could you explain what you mean?  But don't use scripture, please.

2. qwark profile image61
                qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Borcich:
                I'm gonna offer you the same challenge I offer all believers in this biblical god thing.
                It's a challenge you, as a zealous believer in fairytale divinities, should be able to win...but can't.
                Here it is: Pls provide, for all of us, scripture in the bible, torah, or qur'an that "defines" (not proves) this god thing in any other form than "opinion."
                If you cannot do that (and you can't) then you base your belief in this god thing on nothing but "opinion" which is based soley upon "hope."
                To guide ones beliefs, life and actions on naught but "hope" is insane.
                You know you can't win this challenge, so you, just like all other easily led followers of supernatural divinities, won't accept the challenge.
                Remember, I said: "DEFINE" this god thing in scripture in other than "opinion."
                You can't!

And this "challenge" would prove what?
                  You call me a "zealous believer in fairytale divinities", say things like "this god thing", "hope" , "easily led followers     of supernatural divinities" and think I consider your insults a debate? LMAO

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This "challenge" would at least give you an opportunity to refute these statements.

I have read the bible. It says the garbage the OP says that it says.

Believe or die.

You claim to be a bible-believing Christian. Presumably you either agree with this - or you have decided to re-write the bible to mean whatever it is you want it to mean - like all the other Xtians. wink

Yet you cannot even define this invisible god you claim to worship.

How is "followers of super natural divinities" an insult? It is a statement of fact.

You are easily led because you have been offered the nonsensical prize of eternal life,  Only If You Believe wink ; your god is super natural, he is a divinity and you do follow it. And - you want to fight about it.

Thank you. It is people like you who taught me that this is utter nonsense. If you were a genuine christian - what would you be doing here defending this super natural divinity that you follow?

But - I am genuinely interested to hear your definition of this god thing. I have spent 45 years asking believers to define it and all I ever get is "you would not understand because you don't believe. I am special and I understand it but I cannot define it, and you need to do as I say because I know what it wants," or alternatively, contradictory  gobbledegook like our self-proclaimed condescending gnostics offer which means, "Everything is god and I know something you don't know. Nya nya ne nya nya!"

Which is funny - because when I did believe - the answer was "don't ask to define the undefinable - just believe and you will have eternal life. Now shut up and do as I say because I know what it wants......."

So - no offense intended - I am genuinely interested in your definition of whatever it is that you worship.

3. getitrite profile image71

The fact that you still have no takers seems to me a confirmation of your assertions.  Fear seems to be in the drivers seat, and believers are merely riding shotgun.

Getitrite, over the two years I have been posting here I have never seen a religionist reply sensibly to, or even address these issues. they just avoid it or quote from the "good book" They never confront what is written in their tomes, never answer any scientific assertions, or follow links that may threaten their beliefs.
            I feel confident that they avoid doing so as they may have to learn something new that disagrees with them and provides reasonable proof.
            So many of us have tried, we have all failed.

In 2000 years not a sign of proof. Not one prayer answered that has any proof despite millions of prayers daily, not one dot of proof for their beliefs, and no capacity to see the stupidity of a "god" who has to be worshipped on threat of death!
            It is simply irrational fear of death that drives this nonsense! smile

1. Obscure Divine profile image61
              Obscure Divineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What about them pristine virgins that are the reward for the sacrificed Muslims?  Does that count for any damn thing?  Ha-ha!  big_smile

Yep! Gotta consider that! The Muslim terrorists who blow themselves and others to bits do it for the virgins apparently.
                I dunno what use the virgins would be to a body that is spread over a couple of acres!

They seem to think otherwise; maybe they believe in fairy fornication?  LOL!

Sounds a bit like a song title! lol

2. aguasilver profile image70
                aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.allhatnocattle.net/nuns_w_guns.jpg

Ha-ha!  big_smile

8. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

Quoting scripture and in denial about hating smile Insanity for sure. Predictable !

H.A Why don't you and other religionists just address the issues raised in your book of hate?

That would be the sane thing to do. smile What you think of me in none of my business. smile

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This has been addressed many times over the months. You do not see because you either can't see it, or you don't want to see it.

Of course then you start the insults talking about sky fairies and such, when you alreay know without a doubt who God really is.

So tell me, where is all the love you propose that you have?

I didn't think you had read any of my hubs! smile

Decreased activity in the brain's parietal lobe is one of the causes of religiosity by the way. I may do a complete hub on brain chemistry. smile
          I find religion to be an insult to thinking.
          Dopamine uptake when disproportionate and unbalances causes belief in all sorts of bullsh*t phenomena such as religion, and lessens the capacity to be rational.

Without knowing anything about it, you just keep spouting this stuff in a vain attempt to persuade others because the sub-conscious already knows it is rubbish.. That is what drives religionists to ram this crap down others throats.
          Of course none of you will ever do a thorough investigation of this, as you would then have to look at yourselves. smile

1. profile image0

I wonder where you will get yopur info from to write that hub. I believe psychology to be bad myself. Freud was an atheist who hated Jews. It seems to me that he had an agenda.

Freud was a bit loopy wasn't he? He got some very important things right though, although his basic dislike of religion was poorly based. Modern psychology (Jungian and post Jungian)is another matter altogether.
              Jung created enough empirical evidence of his beliefs over forty odd years to sink a ship, and denial of much of it would be drawing a very long bow indeed, and would not stand the light of day. I have enough knowledge of brain chemistry to walk in doing 10 hubs on it. Peer reviewed, double blind studies I have about 20 meg of it. I like to read. I have all of Jung, most of Hillman, all of Von Franz and ten years worth of brain chemistry data to call on.

I also know the bible and quoran from cover to cover, and would bet you do not have the same depth of knowledge of brain chemistry and psychology as I have of your beliefs. SirDent. smile

If you know anything about mechanical things you can check to see if I tell the truth or not about what I say I know very easily. smile

1. profile image0

If Freud ewas so loopy, what makes you think he actually got some things right and how do you know what is and what isn't right?

Time. The great leveller for all who wrote before. Some of Freud has stood up to the test of time, some has been confirmed as complete rot.
                  Being wrong about some or even many things does not make all that he wrote wrong. smile

2. getitrite profile image71

So could you please tell me what it is that we can't see.  It's not that I don't want to see it, I can't see it.

1. profile image0

Before I try and explain anything I need to ask this question. Didn't you used to believe and go to church?

1. getitrite profile image71

Yes, SirDent, I was saved, sanctified, baptised, and filled with the Holy Ghost...and that with FIRE!

9. Michael Adams1959 profile image80
    Michael Adams1959posted 13 years ago

I really don't like it when there is a post and people get into debates that are in no way connected to the subject. Or they are led off the actual subject and create a debate. Twenty years ago we as Christians did not have to set proof of the everlasting God. Now we do, it is truly sad. The fool in his heart will say there is no God. I love my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! If that makes me imbalanced then so be it. He died for my sin, a debt of sin I could not repay. Jesus said if these did not praise me the rocks would cry out. I sometimes wish for one day we as Christians could all be quiet, let nature cry out to their creator. But Jesus has commissioned believers to go out and compel them to come in, He told us to teach of His love. So therefore, I must go out, I must teach. Not as some brainwashed fool, but because of grace. Unmerited free grace. A pardon of sin that costs me nothing but my Jesus His earthly life. I don't understand it, in my 50 years of life it still amazes me how much Christ loves me. To see and feel His hand at work, to know the peace that only He can give, it all still amazes me.

It's great how you can testify how great and loving this psychopath God of yours is, while he tells you to call us FOOLS! Very small for a God.

And yes, it is sad(for you) that intelligent people are demanding accountability for the lies religion has gotten away with for centuries.  We are progressing!-something that strikes fear into the heart of religion.

1. Michael Adams1959 profile image80
        Michael Adams1959posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not religious. Religion is nothing more than man's own way of recognizing God. Whether that be in worship or in disbelief. I for one have accepted Christ as my Saviour, as the one who paid my debt of sin. God did not tell us to say those who say there is no God are fools, God said it. I find it interesting people will believe happenings from thousands of years ago but refute the Bible. Say there is no God. I find it disheartening that we as Christians will take those same people and spew hatred towards them instead of falling upon our needs and praying for them. I do not hate those that disagree with me. I do have the compassion to remember them and pray for them.

So a loving God is insulting me, by calling me a fool?  Doesn't make Him look that smart either, since He made me.  Why would He go and make fools, when He could have just made us all wise...you know-like you!

I would like to know what you call religious then.
            Where did you get your belief system from, a weeties packet?
            The only sources of this tripe is religious tomes. I find it highly amusing when a religious believer says "I'm not religious"

1. alternate poet profile image68
              alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Earnest - be careful, the last time insults were mentioned a little tribe turned up to get others banned big_smile big_smile

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder I do recall this happening. smile Some of the religiously pious have been banned lately, but they seem to breed like flies!

GOD said those who said there no God that is atheist and he or she are atheist,is fool.Not all people are wise by Gods word,you can be wise by world wisdom,but not accepted by  GOD....

10. earnestshub profile image82

Not worth my time to reply.

11. profile image0
    philip carey 61posted 13 years ago

A Modest Proposal:

Let us, as post-modern, enlightened people (at least the 15% of the planet who are atheists (that number subject to further study)) move to ban all religion on the basis of it being a psychological condition.

All religious activities will be forcibly stopped. This includes the most egregious ones: wars, skirmishes, televangelism, etc. Charity work shall also stop. Let's face it, good works done on the basis of a myth are misguided and must not be tolerated. We will call this new initiative the "Atheist Inquisition". it will involve torturing suspected Theists and monitoring their responses. Confessions such as "God damn, that hurts!" are clear evidence of hidden belief. The punishment shall be death. Better to lose the body in the name of the truth than to let it continue on the basis of a lie.

The world will be such an improved place. Better to die feeling alone and abandoned than at peace and deluded. No more pesky religious people showing up at the door with good intentions. No more foolish attempts at alleviating suffering in the name of "God". Let's take charge of our own destiny people! We, as the ultimate understanders of reality, have no need for a fictional entity. Such thinking is a relic from the past and must be discarded.

Bibles shall be banned. They will be replaced with books about natural science and mathematics. Only those things that are objectively verifiable shall be printed. Families will gather around books on science and math. The concept of love is suspicious, but not as odious as the God Concept. Let's face it, love is subjective, and can only be proven on the basis of compared subjective experience. As such, it must be regarded as questionable. Poetry too contains silly, unrealistic expressions. It should be stopped for that reason.

Much art, because it does not depict the 'real' in an accurate manner must also cease. What kind of idiot would look at an abstract sculpture and get anything worthwhile from the experience? In fact, let's ban all metaphor and allegory. They are clearly dangerous and signs of weak thinking.

The point isn't that these things are useful. The point is that they are not strictly scientific or reflective of rational thinking. So let's ban together and eliminate the flawed thinking that plagues 3/4 of humanity. Who's with me?

12. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

All these comments & answers make me remember when I was in prep school lol

13. earnestshub profile image82

By the way H.A.Borich, the original post was not even directed at you! You took it on as if you were the only person here. Check it out.
    Then you tell me I have problems in a smart a*sed way and laugh at the brain chemistry comment. Next thing I see you using my argument against Mark! lol

"What a joke Mark! I truly believe your bible bashing gang is chemically unbalanced AND DEAF!!"
    Your words I believe! smile

14. danni46 profile image61
    danni46posted 5 weeks ago

Eternal security transcends physical realms; it extends to safeguarding our digital landscapes. In a world of evolving threats, constant vigilance and proactive measures become the guardians of our virtual existence. Strive for an eternal security mindset, where resilience meets innovation to protect the ever-expanding boundaries of our interconnected lives.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)