jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why is it christians (even a small minority) never burn flags etc. when Jesus is

1. A K Turner profile image77
    A K Turnerposted 5 years ago

Why is it christians (even a small minority) never burn flags etc. when Jesus is insulted?

A small minority of Muslims have reacted badly to a depiction of Mohammed which most, including myself would consider incorrect. However Jesus gets slated all the time (Family Guy is one example) and the reaction is muted. Explain.....

2. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Were the constantly repeated, politically correct claim that only a small minority of Moslems react badly to provocative stimuli a true one, the riots now underway across the Moslem world could not be sustained as they are. Neither is the political claim they are caused by the Bacile video clips a true one. That was merely a spark. The tinder was the anniversary of 9-11, the fuel widespread anti-western resentment compounded by the Obama administration's boneheaded foreign policy. It's much easier to form a true argument if one limits his premises to true ones, so using points of fact rather than those of official Washington and media propaganda matter.

Christians rarely take to the streets in a violent way for two reasons. Their religion discourages gratuitous violence, and the large majority of them are children of western civilization, which also frowns upon ochlocracy.

3. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 5 years ago

Being disrespectful towards people's religious/spiritual beliefs is not something we should strive for. In my opinion, some things should be left out of the things we make fun of or insult. That is why there is something called "hate speech", for example. Or that is why we do not allow racists comments to fly around.

And Christians burned enough during the Inquisition (including people not just flags), they are not missing-out on anything now.

I am not a religious person but I would not slander any prophet, or God of anyone. What good is that?

4. belleart profile image90
    belleartposted 5 years ago

Because, everybody has a right to freedom of speech, and most people understand that.  Also, I know what my grandmother would say: 'So what? If they want to slate the lord Jesus Christ, let them. I'll have the last laugh in heaven!'

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

The video has nothing to do with it. They hate America and are constantly looking for a reason to react with this type of behavior. Christians like myself have too much self respect to burn the koran or another Countries flag. What is the point. But, when they take American lives? They have definitely crossed the line. I'm curious as to see how this administration will react this close to the election? Will anything be done to these radicals? Will they pay for the crime of murder while on this Earth? If not, They will pay eventually.

6. Lady Summerset profile image78
    Lady Summersetposted 5 years ago

Because we have more sense and compassion for others.  We have been more ridiculed then any other religion or belief.  It's the Jesus in us that consistently allows us to forgive...oh yeah!  That's what we Christians do!

7. mintinfo profile image77
    mintinfoposted 5 years ago

I believe it is opportunism on behalf of those who do not like Christianity. They know that they can always rile up the radicals among themselves and the young uneducated, energy filled, testosterone rich young thugs to do their bidding. Plus the promised rewards awaiting them in paradise is greater

working