jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Does it matter whether Jesus was married or not? Why?

1. profile image50
    Dr Rheaposted 5 years ago

Does it matter whether Jesus was married or not?  Why?

A Harvard professor states she has discovered an original writing that says Jesus said, "my wife".

2. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

As a devout Christian, it wouldn't matter because it would NOT change Jesus's message at all. 

Conversely, it would matter because it would be evidence that the 'Church' has hidden this piece of information for centuries. 

Jesus spoke very highly of the institution of marriage, and family meant a great deal to Him.  If He was married, I would think He'd have held Himself and His own marriage as the ultimate ideal.  IF, indeed, that piece of information has been hidden by 'Church' leaders, then WHY?

1. profile image50
      Dr Rheaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your reply.  I believe if he was married he would have only demonstrated appropriate relationship behavior.  His role on earth was to teach us how to live on earth, so why would there even be a problem if he was married?

3. jamesrk profile image34
    jamesrkposted 4 years ago

I am more apt to believe the Bible than any so-called "original writing". Since the Bible does not mention a marriage, nor does Christ mention having a wife, I say line the trash can with the "writing" and dig into the Bible.

4. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

Technically, it shouldn't matter.  However, it doesn't make sense that He would marry.  Why should He, knowing He was going to die an early death and leave His wife and children behind?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
      Lady Guinevereposted 4 years agoin reply to this

someon on HP, don't know if they are still  around, wrote about Jesus' twin brother that explains his ressurection and marriage:  http://intimatevolution.hubpages.com/hub/Christ--Twin